PDA

View Full Version : FBA_lbicelyne 1026 V11 - CPS 1, 2, 3 Emulator for PSP

wraggster
October 26th, 2008, 12:20
lbicelyne has released a new build of the CPS 1, 2 and 3 Emulator for the PSP, this release has many versions (all packed together in one zip by dcorreia)

Heres the whats new (not in readable english) :

Changelog:

Update:
Kindly remind:
Please use R+Select to return to your menu instead of L button from V10 version on. And the new version could not work properly under 1.5 kernel mode.

081026:V11版放出

1.版本组织变更。 Change the version's organization for different users.
All: 全驱动版。 Contains all the usable drivers.
Mid = All - CPS3 - CPS1 - CPS2 - NEOGEO
Small = Mid - PGM - Cave
PGM: Only for PGM/IGS games.
Cave: Only for Cave games.
CPS3: Only for CPS3 NO CD games. sfiii2 drivers are removed.
FBA4PSP.zip 模拟器运行所需环境文件。Misc runtime files for FBA, prx and ini.
建议PSP1000的用户建立多个文件夹分别放置多个版本的模拟器。Suggest PSP1000 users set up several folders for your different versions' FBA.
2. 新增按键自定义功能, 请参照sfiii3n.ini的设置例子(具体方法明天更新). Your keys could be reconfigured now. Please refer to sfiii3n.ini for the example. I will update the details later.
3. CPS3性能提升。CPS3 performance is improved.
4… Will update this note later.

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments

sappo
October 26th, 2008, 12:33
Eww.. Separated versions.

I hope the "all" version runs well as the separated ones. It sucks having 5 icons of the same emu on the XMB.

mikebeaver
October 26th, 2008, 12:59
Eww.. Separated versions.

I hope the "all" version runs well as the separated ones. It sucks having 5 icons of the same emu on the XMB.

So change the icons then, it's hardly a difficult task mate :)

Mike..

strikingeuphony
October 26th, 2008, 14:49
I don't see any improvements in the actual emulation. This thing now supports Genesis games, but a whole bunch of games that are listed as working...don't. This emulator needs time. The way things are looking, I'd say a year before this thing runs the way it should.

Baboon
October 26th, 2008, 15:03
Teenage mutant ninja turtles works perfect... although theres no sound? Theres a lot more supported games in these build now too (robocop, rtype leo etc - although they dont seem to be working on my phatty?)... ive not had the chance to try em allthough as ive been pimping out my wii lately. lol

Tumplepop now plays great and all the sprites and sounds are working.

On the seperate CPS3 build SF3 seems to be running a bit faster (on my phat psp).

This emulator(s) is defo going in the right direction... lets have even more updates please! :)

jurkevicz
October 26th, 2008, 16:36
so, is it the same using the "All"version compared to the separated ones? And SFIII 2nd impact has been removed in this version.

cornervizion
October 26th, 2008, 17:28
Well at least Turtles is up and running (without sound but it's a start) and more games are getting added. Not keen on the megadrive additions though.

MicroNut
October 26th, 2008, 17:58
Because there are already near perfect emulators for the Genesis (Megadrive) and CPS1 & 2
I think this dev should focus on CP3 emulation.

dcorreia
October 26th, 2008, 18:36
Yet another version. FBA_lbicelyne_1026_V11p1

Here are all the files in one archive. Original downloads within archive.
List of files below.

FBA_lbicelyne_1026_V11p1_small.rar (739.97 KB)
FBA_lbicelyne_1026_V11p1_pgm.rar (170.25 KB)
FBA_lbicelyne_1026_V11p1_mid.rar (815.9 KB)
FBA_lbicelyne_1026_V11p1_cps3.rar (168.59 KB)
FBA_lbicelyne_1026_V11p1_cave.rar (288.87 KB)
FBA4PSP.rar (4.74 KB)
FBA_lbicelyne_1026_V11p1_all.part1.rar (976.56 KB)
FBA_lbicelyne_1026_V11p1_all.part2.rar (205.81 KB)

[lbicelyne] FBA version of the simulator V11p1 to support the custom button (on October 26 update)

PSP1000 with FBA beta, and optimize the PGM, the three countries play War, Journey to the West, electricity and refined 2
This arrogant revise software OopsWare God FBAPSP the source, the revised ROM cache algorithm, making PSP1000 small memory device that can work.
This procedure is only for PGM substrate, seta2, Cave part is optimized.
In the process 3.71M33-4, 2G leave the rod through the test. I have known the author of the pseudo-8G can not stick to run (the production of paper and read cache errors) and, of course, may be individual problems.
The first time due to the production of cache files, the need for a long time, please be patient. If you find any obvious Bug replies please inform, be grateful.
Installation method:
Please download the game with the ROM version, in the annex to the document can be EBOOT.PBP coverage of the same name.

Update:
Kindly remind:
Please use R + Select to return to your menu instead of L button from V10 version on. And the new version could not work properly under 1.5 kernel mode.
V12 version of the notice:
Finally to support the on-line time, V12 version will be added. However, as I do that there is only one small P, it will be very inconvenient to debug, V12 is expected to be completed after 1-2 months, let us be patient, and so on.
In the meantime V11 will be a few patches, and constantly improve the functional rehabilitation of loopholes. No major problems on the reduction of the update, to pause to look CPS3 optimization.

081026: V11 version released

1. Versions of the organization to change.
Change the version's organization for different users.
All: full-drive version. Contains all the usable drivers.
Mid = All - CPS3 - CPS1 - CPS2 - NEOGEO - MegaDrive
Small = Mid - PGM - Cave
PGM: Only for PGM / IGS games.
CPS3: Only for CPS3 NO CD games. Sfiii2 drivers are removed.
FBA4PSP.zip emulator to run the necessary environmental documents. Some runtime files for FBA, prx and ini.
PSP1000 recommendations of the user to create multiple folders display multiple versions of the simulator.
Suggest PSP1000 users seting up several folders for your different versions' FBA.
2. Button to add custom features, please refer to the sfiii3n.ini set an example. (Xiangjian FBA4PSP.zip in the Readme file)
You can redefine the keys now. Please refer to sfiii3n.ini for an eample. If you need detail instructions, please download FBA4PSP.zip and read readme file.
3. CPS3 performance. But - still very slow about 20fps or so. CPS3 stand-alone version of the PSP1000 in normal operation. No CD only version of the ROM. Is the name behind Rom with the n, such as sfiii3n.
CPS3's performance is improved. But it is still too slow to play. About 20fps. You can run the CPS3 version on your PSP1000 now. It could only support NO CD version CPS3 roms. It means there is a char 'n' at the end of the rom's name like sfiii3n etc.
4. Scanner frequency upgrade button, auto fire algorithm changes.
Improved the key scan frequency. The auto fire method is changed. You should press the R-Trigger button and press a button you want to "auto fire" at the same time. And then release the R-Trigger. Auto fire will be stopped once you release the "auto fired" button.
5. Closed to support the rocker.
You may disable the joystick.
6. Rapid movement to amend the screen when the issue out of sync.
Fix a screen draw issue.
7. Some of the new driver to support more games (such as Peter Pan in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and small versions of the above has been limited support)
Add some game drivers. Hook, Tmnt and some more games are limited supported now.
8. C68K revised to read some of the memory, hoping to improve the compatibility, but will affect the performance a little bit. If you do not improve compatibility, the next version will come back to it.
Modified the op code reading functions in C68K. I hope it could improve the compatibility of hack roms. If it not, I will change it back in the next release.

davidcrew
October 26th, 2008, 18:41
This emulator(s) is defo going in the right direction... lets have even more updates please! :)

Agreed, keep up the good work! =D

sappo
October 26th, 2008, 20:15
So change the icons then, it's hardly a difficult task mate :)

Mike..

It's not a problem of icons. I know how to change them. The problem is cluttering my XMB with un-needed copies of the SAME emu..

siulmagic
October 26th, 2008, 20:26
isint the eboot inside the part 1 part 2 zip files the hole emu in 1 eboot? if im not mistaken they only one its not in that eboot its the cps3 emulation that you gota have a separate one

Baboon
October 26th, 2008, 22:04
If you've got a fat psp then for the best compatibilty choose the seperate eboots rather than the '1026_V11_all' file.

The icons on these new eboots already say on them fba cps3, fba small, fba cave etc so theres no need to really change them.

If it means having multiple eboots for different arcade boards for better compatibility (cave, cps3, pgm & smaller games), the same i guess as NJ's cps1,2 & neogeo, then having a few more icons dosent really bother me.

Sutanreyu
October 29th, 2008, 14:38
Did he release any source with this version?

dcorreia
November 2nd, 2008, 15:05
081102: V11p3 version released

[lbicelyne] FBA simulator V11p3 version, the definition of key global support for the (November 2 update)

PSP1000 with FBA beta, and optimize the PGM, the three countries play War, Journey to the West, electricity and refined 2
This arrogant revise software OopsWare God FBAPSP the source, the revised ROM cache algorithm, making PSP1000 small memory device that can work.
This procedure is only for PGM substrate, seta2, Cave part is optimized.
In the process 3.71M33-4, 2G leave the rod through the test. I have known the author of the pseudo-8G can not stick to run (the production of paper and read cache errors) and, of course, may be individual problems.
The first time due to the production of cache files, the need for a long time, please be patient. If you find any obvious Bug replies please inform, be grateful.
Installation method:
Please download the game with the ROM version, in the annex to the document can be EBOOT.PBP coverage of the same name.

Versions of the organization to change.
Change the version's organization for different users.
All: full-drive version. Contains all the usable drivers.
Mid = All - CPS3 - CPS1 - CPS2 - NEOGEO - MegaDrive
Small = Mid - PGM - Cave
PGM: Only for PGM / IGS games.
CPS3: Only for CPS3 NO CD games. Sfiii2 drivers are removed.

1. The overall increase in the allocation of key features, please see Annex FBA4PSP.rar of fba4psp.ini document.
You can configure the global key / configure set value now. Just refer to fba4psp.ini in file FBA4PSP.rar
2. Part of the drive to update the latest version of the FBA, some of the better run of the game, and also increased the number of drivers (not test).
Update game drivers to the latest version of FBA. Some game runs better now. A few new drivers are added in.
3. Save / Load bug fix. Can now save most of the game at any time inside the load.
Fixed Save / Load bug. You can save / load as you wish in most games.
4. Some minor changes.
Some other small changes.

FBA_lbicelyne_1102_V11p3_small.rar (849.15 KB)
FBA_lbicelyne_1102_V11p3_pgm.rar (170.32 KB)
FBA_lbicelyne_1102_V11p3_mid.rar (927.01 KB)
FBA_lbicelyne_1102_V11p3_cps3.rar (171.84 KB)
FBA_lbicelyne_1102_V11p3_cave.rar (320.95 KB)
FBA4PSP.rar (5.3 KB)
FBA_lbicelyne_1102_V11p3_all.part1.rar (976.56 KB)
FBA_lbicelyne_1102_V11p3_all.part2.rar (481.7 KB)

repuken2
November 2nd, 2008, 18:32
New games added!!! :
(working on a slim psp CFW4.01, FBA small version)
ghost 'n goblins - flawless! but little noise in the background
Contra - flawless! - a little frameskip needed (level 3)
Double Dragon - very slow
Double Dragon 2 - hangs when beggining game
Ikari 3 - flawless!
P.O.W. - crashes psp (f*ck!)
Gemini Wing - flawless!
Renegade / Kunio Kun - flawless!
Street Fighter 1 - no voices , a little frameskip needed (level 3)
Rygar(yeah!!!!!!!!) - no voices, perfect (speed fs 0)
silk worm - flawless!
Street Smart - crashes psp (f*ck!)
trojan - flawless! but BIG noise in the background just like Ninja Gaiden
bad dudes / dragon ninja - now works but no sound and lot of graphical glitches (missing life bar/time/etc), very playable anyway, no sound at all.
Hook / in the Hunt - little speedup noticed.
robocop - same as bad dudes/ dragon ninja but with sound.
TMNT - has sound now but it's slower and graphics are completely messed up. i would saty with last version until it gets fixed.

Very good news, this emu rocks!!!! thanx a lot lbicelyne

PS.: in the all version there's system 16 support!!! although a little slow, it works!!!!
tmnt works here with no glitches but still a tad slow.

slaanesh
November 3rd, 2008, 00:01
I was hoping for improved Gunsmoke support - there's a horrible buzzing sound - but I know this was fixed in a later version of FBA. I was also hoping for 1943 support.
No source code as far as I can see.
Anyone know how to contact the author?

jurkevicz
November 3rd, 2008, 00:42
Yeah great idea! Let's all bug the sh*t out of the dev so he stops developing this great emu! I'm pretty sure he knows the bugs buddy and he's working the best he can with his spare time. Leave him alone.

repuken2
November 3rd, 2008, 02:23
jurkevicz's right, let's leave the author alone, we should be very happy whith what we have right now, almost every release has new drivers, it should be helluva work to make all those drivers work, each and every, imagine the time consuming task that is to take care only 1 driver, then imagine all of 'em together.

It's not easy to port an emulator and then ironing each driver, it takes a sh*t load of time, so...
let's not bug the guy, time will be making this emu better and better i hope.

I'm really thankfull for this great piece of software, thanks a lot again lbicelyne , apreciate your hard work.

Baboon
November 3rd, 2008, 20:56
New games added!!! :
(working on a slim psp CFW4.01, FBA small version)
ghost 'n goblins - flawless! but little noise in the background
Contra - flawless! - a little frameskip needed (level 3)
Double Dragon - very slow
Double Dragon 2 - hangs when beggining game
Ikari 3 - flawless!
P.O.W. - crashes psp (f*ck!)
Gemini Wing - flawless!
Renegade / Kunio Kun - flawless!
Street Fighter 1 - no voices , a little frameskip needed (level 3)
Rygar(yeah!!!!!!!!) - no voices, perfect (speed fs 0)
silk worm - flawless!
Street Smart - crashes psp (f*ck!)
trojan - flawless! but BIG noise in the background just like Ninja Gaiden
bad dudes / dragon ninja - now works but no sound and lot of graphical glitches (missing life bar/time/etc), very playable anyway, no sound at all.
Hook / in the Hunt - little speedup noticed.
robocop - same as bad dudes/ dragon ninja but with sound.
TMNT - has sound now but it's slower and graphics are completely messed up. i would saty with last version until it gets fixed.

Very good news, this emu rocks!!!! thanx a lot lbicelyne

PS.: in the all version there's system 16 support!!! although a little slow, it works!!!!
tmnt works here with no glitches but still a tad slow.

To add to that list (for fba small - but on a phat psp)...

Bombjack - perfect with sound
Bionic Commando - perfect with sound
Tetris (DR Korea) - won't let you insert coin
Pacman Plus - graphics errors
Pacman - graphics errors
Hyper pacman - perfect
Commando (Cpacom) - anoying buzzing sound but apart from that perfect.
Son Son - perfect
Pang Pang - perfect
Outzone - perfect
Hellfire - perfect
Ninja Warriors - black screen
Mr Geomon - perfect
Mr Do - perfect
Metal Saver - perfect
Growl - low and sound issues
Green Berret - perfect
Explosive breaker - perect
Dondokod - slow and sound issues
Doubel Dragon 3 - perfect
Darius - sound issus
Darius 2 - black screen
Continental Circus - slow and sound issues
Chase HQ - slow and sound issues
Shadow Force - Missing character sprites
Tumplepop - seems perfect
Shadow Warriors - Loud buzzing sound but apart from that perfect
Snow Bros 1,2 &3 - perfect
Super Glob - graphics errors
Teki Paki - perfect
Toppy & Rappy - perfect
Truxton 2 - perfect
Twin adventure - perfect
Twinkle - perfect
V-five - perfect
Batsugun - perfect...

:thumbup:

halo9449
November 4th, 2008, 01:30
Again, what I'd like to see is Double Axle support on a phat :D
Of course I might just end up getting the actual game cabinet this Christmas... I love that game... :rofl: