PDA

View Full Version : Ontario police turn to Xbox Live to find missing CoD4 player

wraggster
October 26th, 2008, 22:29
Brandon Crisp, a 15-year-old Barrie, Ontario native and avid gamer, has been missing since October 11. Crisp stormed out of his home shortly after his parents, afraid for the teen's social well-being due to his proclivity for Call of Duty 4, took away his Xbox 360. Since Crisp's disappearance, several groups have made major efforts to try and locate the teen -- including Microsoft, who donated $25,000 to a reward fund for anyone with information on Crisp's whereabouts.

Following the suspicions of Crisp's parents, the cyber crimes unit of the Ontario Police are now turning to an unlikely source for leads -- Brandon's Xbox Live friends list. Fearing that one of his clanmates might have something to do with his disappearance, police asked Microsoft to breach their own privacy protocols to reveal the personal information of Xbox Live subscribers that frequently associated with Crisp. Regardless of what you may think of Microsoft's actions, we're sure we all share the hope that Brandon will return home quickly and safely.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/26/ontario-police-turn-to-xbox-live-to-find-missing-cod4-player/

Man
October 27th, 2008, 01:21
I heard about this on my local news, i hope they find the kid.

carlitx
October 27th, 2008, 03:58
well looks like my parents told me a muffed up story of this. said ti was some kid who got picked up by a pedophile during a game of cod4 and is now lost... idiotic parents how long till there own stupidity makes them stop breathing?

well i hope he is found.

qqstarz1
October 29th, 2008, 20:36
Thats why that 56 year old guy wants to be my Friend on Myspace, Figures.