PDA

View Full Version : How Many PSPs Have Custom Firmware And Access The PlayStation Store? At Least 15,000

wraggster
October 27th, 2008, 19:32
Here’s an interesting discovery pointed out by OnlyOdin (thanks for the tip!!), the most recent version of PSP custom firmware performs a check on the creator’s website before it connects to the PlayStation Store. On October 23rd, six days after the custom firmware went live, there were a total of 46,078 custom firmware connections to the PlayStation Store as determined by the number of hits on dark-alex.org. 15,359 of these connections are “unique hits” which translates to 15,359 unique PSP machines running custom firmware accessing the PlayStation Store directly from their PSP.

We can’t tell if this number is high or low since there isn’t a blanket statistic for how many PSPs with custom firmware are in the wild, but now we know there are at least 15,359 running Dark Alex’s software AND want to browse Sony’s PlayStation Store on their PSPs.

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/10/27/how-many-psps-have-custom-firmware-and-access-the-playstation-store-at-least-15000/

Buddy4point0
October 27th, 2008, 19:40
I've already downloaded a game, and I plan to continue using the PlayStation Store. It's a great app.

Stone Temple Pilots
October 27th, 2008, 19:51
I agree, I'll continue to use the PlayStation Store as well, it's quite convenient.

KbuPlatinum
October 30th, 2008, 00:55
Noob question here: I can't seem to get Playstation Store downloaded games to work with my 5.00 M33 Slim. I downloaded the games from the store, and have the license in the PSP/LICENSE folder, but whenever I try to run it, I get the "game could not be started" 80010013 error message. Any ideas?

SteveV2
October 30th, 2008, 22:57
Noob question here: I can't seem to get Playstation Store downloaded games to work with my 5.00 M33 Slim. I downloaded the games from the store, and have the license in the PSP/LICENSE folder, but whenever I try to run it, I get the "game could not be started" 80010013 error message. Any ideas?

Yep, same here. Just downloaded a demo and get the same error.

Might have downloaded into a wrong folder maybe, will have a check in the morning :)

October 31st, 2008, 14:59
offer you something special:
http://www.cntradeshop.com/product.asp?Classid=35&Nclassid=334

Medion
October 31st, 2008, 16:11

Yep, same here. Just downloaded a demo and get the same error.

Might have downloaded into a wrong folder maybe, will have a check in the morning :)

-Turn on your PSP, and hold right-shoulder button until you get to the recovery menu.
-Advanced
-Advanced Configuration
-GAME Plugins (disable this)

Your PSN content, including demos, should work now.

SteveV2
October 31st, 2008, 22:05
-Turn on your PSP, and hold right-shoulder button until you get to the recovery menu.
-Advanced
-Advanced Configuration
-GAME Plugins (disable this)

Your PSN content, including demos, should work now.

Thanks, all working now :)

KbuPlatinum
November 1st, 2008, 05:07
Awesome, thanks a lot. Do you know why this works? What does changing the game plugin do?