PDA

View Full Version : Iris v0.1 now up !!

PSmonkey
January 11th, 2006, 22:01
Hey everybody,

Iris is now avalible for download. Just head over to the dcemu compo page (see below for link). hope everybody enjoys it AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE FEEDBACK FEEDBACK FEEDBACK !!! :) I will need your guys input for future builds in making it a more fun experience. So please hit me up with anything and everything and I will take them all into consideration.

So have fun & here are some more screenshots (see forum post)

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/irisScreenshot02.jpg

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/irisScreenshot05.jpg
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp30codingcomp2.shtml

Download Iris Here (http://nemo.dcemu.co.uk/Iris.rar)

wraggster
January 11th, 2006, 22:05
they are awesome screenshots

Cap'n 1time
January 11th, 2006, 23:17
oh my jesus!

i had an odd problem with clipping on the aztec level.. I have not been able to recreate it though...

anyways, Im hoping for improved phys in the future! nice work! you made my day :)

Stewie2280
January 11th, 2006, 23:29
woorks with 2.0 hooray

Produkt
January 12th, 2006, 00:36
Indeed, Making this game a must have for all PSP owners XD

Also the joy of today gets better and better, PSP-OSS runs in such a way that my UMD drive is now operative :D

But in other news, maps for iris are in the works, one in particular called "CyberArena"

Which will show off the visual power of Iris.

Stewie2280
January 12th, 2006, 07:29
when will we see new maps

GizmoSan
January 12th, 2006, 08:03
thoughts,

the analog stick is used to control the character, i think that square and circle should be strafe left and right. Right shoulder button as fire and X button need to be jump.

From an early build it looks cool. If you need any help making textures for the levels, i will be happy to help. Examples of my texturing abilities.

MGFox
January 12th, 2006, 12:32
I've just found the ultimate quote!!!:-

hey *PSmonkey*

i think its great that someone finally made there own 3D shooter for the PSP but yeah think it would kick serious ass if you could make it as much like CS as possible i mean thats got to be one of the best games. once i download iris i'll tell you what i think of it though

By *******, at 1:33 AM

I swear, some people won't be happy 'till they're handed CounterStrike!

@GizmoSan: Your work looks quite good, I think you'd be well suited to creating models for map detail!

EDIT: Found another Killer Quote!

socom is better

Comment by ******* — January 12, 2006 @ 9:19

Short, Sweet...and utterly irrelevant! Fantastic, keep 'em coming kids :D

Cheers,
Fox

JadaBloom
January 12th, 2006, 17:28
First off I just gotta say wow I'm just amazed with it. I can't believe how good this looks and you just have to think sadly how this game puts some commercial psp games to shame lol. And I hope you guys get first place in the comp.

Not to sound like a newb and make you think I'm begging for things just wondering if monkey is gonna add a sound engine or have you had any thoughts to this (wondering myself if it will kill the framerates) But if monkey does just wondering how you would go about this i.e. will you add sounds effects and bgm? Also will you be adding the ability to change weapons. It would be great to see those just wanted to add some input from a players aspect :D

Produkt
January 12th, 2006, 19:44
Sound will come, right now the important thing Is multiplayer.

Sounds may or may not be in the next release...

Also GizmoSan

Can you UVW Unwrap?

I need some help in that area for some models that are to be made the the next release

-LO-LEADER2
January 13th, 2006, 02:18
Best homebrew game out. I would say you guys won the compo for sure.

suggestions: 1) make it where it looks like the people are walking back and left and right 2) maybe more rapid fire with different weapons 3) use R as fire 4) and possibly little nicer main menu

but anyways you guys are the best this is a really sick game.

Produkt
January 13th, 2006, 04:31
Custom animations may be made for the next release If I can get that far :P

This will smooth out some of the problems we had but it will also limit custom content...

GizmoSan
January 13th, 2006, 08:38
Can you UVW Unwrap?

I need some help in that area for some models that are to be made the the next release

Yes i can unwrap in either Max or Maya. and create textures in photoshop.

I looked at the textures that you supplied with the 0.1 beta, so I know the texture limitations now. I can make some kick ass textures for the aztec level, give them a egpytain style :D. Or another level. Just trying to help out where I can.

Email or PM the stuff you want me to work on.:)

Below are some textures to try out. they are JPGs to display.

Produkt
January 13th, 2006, 12:11
Sorry bub aztec is already textured, We didnt have time to test the textured version before we released so we went with what we had.

zack6924
January 13th, 2006, 13:26
Nice Game guys this has defentaly gota be the best hombrew out right now... but I do have some other stuff to say lol.

Well I have some suggestions...
1.Making The anlog stick into an aimer with a Icon on the screen for aiming and the XOsquare and Triangle into the movments with R as Shoot and L as Jump(Just gives it more of a FPS feel if you know what I mean)
2.Add multiplayer
3.new levels
4.Sound/Music-(not that It realy matters)
5.Mabey like some actual goals/Story line for single player rather then just killing bots over and over.

Well Thats All I got I will let you know if I can think of any thing else that would be cool if u added it.

PSmonkey
January 13th, 2006, 15:40
hey guys, suport & feedback regarding iris has been great. I have been kicking in my head around ideas for what will be in future builds. Here is a temporary list of what I will be working on for version .2 & .3. I also will list what will come in due time but no planned release on it. I will try very hard to get .2 out asap but it might be 1-2 weeks. Feel free to comment on the list.

Version 0.2
.) MD3 Suport
.) Tweaked input
.) Increase speed
.) Animation speed corrections
.) Bullet Limit
.) Textured bullet (no more red square)
.) Less restrictive movement
.) MD2 Fixes
.) Bot Fixes
.) Fix Lightmaps (current turned off and using vertex colors, why its so bright)
.) Health & Weapon pickups

Version 0.3
.) Polygon Surface Clipping (will improve things emencly)
.) Wifi
.) Heavly improved Bots
.) Game Modes (Ctf, Team Dm, Dm, ...).
.) 3D viewing, firing & movement (ie more like quake and less like doom)
.) Jumping

Version 0.X
.) MD4 Suport
.) Unreal Bsp Trees < maybe, unsure atm.
.) Sound

Thats about all I can think of atm. I'll modify the list as i see fit & when i am happy. I will make a new post with the official list.

GizmoSan
January 13th, 2006, 16:11
Sorry bub aztec is already textured, We didnt have time to test the textured version before we released so we went with what we had.

ahh its np :) just let me know :D

Produkt
January 13th, 2006, 16:39
Temple needs some textures, Think Quake1 and you are right on the spot.

Cap'n 1time
January 13th, 2006, 19:05
Version 0.2
.) MD3 Suport
.) Tweaked input
.) Increase speed
.) Bullet Limit
.) Less restrictive movement
.) MD2 Fixes
.) Bot Fixes
.) Fix Lightmaps (current turned off and using vertex colors, why its so bright)

Version 0.3
.) Wifi
.) Heavly improved Bots
.) Jumping

Version 0.X
.) MD4 Suport
.) Sound

you might think about renaming it the Frankenstein engine...
has support for Unreal BSP's every been done in a homebrew engine?

I also would like to suggest:
Support for OGG's and naturally WAV's and MP3's.. and mabey for some of the quake 2 & 3 formats.

This might be a bitch.. but if you have seen sauerbraten
( http://sauerbraten.org/ ) you know that its light rendering is amazing. I wonder if rendering in a similar way would kill the psp's memory.

One suggestion I might make is to go ahead and allow for changes to 3rd person and overhead... because you KNOW that some guy is going to want to make some kind of RPG or RTS so lets go on ahead and humor them XD. Also the sidescrolling mod for quake 2 was alot of fun. :)

Melee weapons: PUT THE MODELERS TO WORK :p . If you remember shadow warriors you remember the sword... and the sword kicked ass. And there is dooms chainsaw and Quakes Axe and UT's impact hammer... EVERY FPS NEEDS MELEE!!!

PSmonkey
January 13th, 2006, 19:39
1timeuser,

When i get to audio i plan to implement wav, mp3 & maybe ogg.

I have no idea on unreal bsp being used in a homebrew project but I did stumble onto a very good document explaining the bsp fileformat. It would just take a little time to implement and make the engine suport more then one bsp system.

I am somewhat familiar with cube & that engine you posted. Actualy I don't think they are doing anything special for lighting. I think it's just all lightmaps. Iris suports lightmaps (since being based on my q3 bsp viewer) but due to time restrictions and the need to write tools, I disabled the lightmaps. So everything comes out really white and very meh because it's trying to add solid white and other colors on top of the texture color.

All the lighting will be heavly improved in future builds (back to the screenshots of my q3 bsp viewer).

For weapons, yes more is needed period. It just takes time to get though them. I am thinking a shotgun & rapid fire gun will be the next 2.

Evil Inside
January 13th, 2006, 20:52
Great work on Iris!

This is the type of release that sets the bar for homebrew and keeps people like me from updating my PSP firmware.

Great work and I look foward to future releases.

Cap'n 1time
January 14th, 2006, 16:37
PSmonkey,
Sorry if I sound like a dolt, but your engine has me really excited :) . There is so much I dont understand so I'm sorry if anything I say is or sounds redundant. Keep up the good work.

mcmonkey
January 14th, 2006, 18:16
this game is quite impressive, graphically its up there with most comersial releases and the games speed is great. I think being able to run and gun simulaitiously would improve the gameplay a bit and fully customisable controls would be great aswell (ooh and being able to look up and down :) ). other than that i think you've got done a bloody good job, keep up with the good work!

Nevuk
January 15th, 2006, 23:43
I loved it graphically, but i could tell it wasnt finished in a lot of other ways. As it stands, in v 0.1, Iris is more of a graphical engine test than a game. Why? Its requires no skill at all, other than aiming.
The only thing I can think of would be to make it so that you could move while shooting, right now your just standing there trading blows.
Basically, my feedback is, I liked watching the graphics (Although I'd appreciate some more work on the bullet, it seemed... i dunno, i just didnt like it), but right now I'd never play it for more than 10 or 20 minutes, at the max.
From what you said about taking it in the direction of Q3, I like.

This game has huge potential, keep up the good work, people involved with it.

Produkt
January 16th, 2006, 00:10
Well... I think things are cool as they are but if you feal up to the challeng make a single story map using GTKRadiant or Q3Radiant if you get a gooc map collection brewing up tell us. you can use the textures included or make your own, there should be more maps and textures included in every release :P wile we will try to keep the size low I will offer alternative texture packs to those who want them.

For those of you who wish to map for the game but don't have quake 3, I have an option for you!

you should download the quake 3 demo or! you can get Qfusion (a quake 2 engine that can pretend to be quake 3 :D Makes it easyer to run maps, But it requires Quake3 or Quake 3 Demo)

*[1] Copy your Iris textures into baseq3/textures (or baseqf/textures if you are using Qfusion) and your maps to baseq3/maps (baseqf/maps for Qfusion)

After you have these installed these files you will need either GTK or Q3 Radiant. This is needed to map your maps, If you have had no experience in Radiant you may have trouble with it due to its advanced learning curve its sugested that beginners who do not understand this refer to hammer for their map editing *[2]

All maps HAVE TO be compiled in Q3Radiant. GTK radiant is an easyer work enviroment and it is still supported by Id Software. but GTK uses Q3Map2 which renders lightmaps in a much more advanced way that Iris is un able to use.

Wile we still hold a clipping issue (doesnt effect game play and there are work arounds (difficult to do without proper knowlage) you will have to make your sections of walls in blocks think lego's

I have attached an example map to show you guys how to make a proper map (requires you add the iris textures to your Quake3 folder)

*Notes!*
1) These folders are inside of your Quake 3 folder example="c:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\" Wile you can use the Qfusion folder for your maps you could still put everything in in the "baseq3" folder because Qfusion can read in there too!

2) Radiant is a difficult program to master and learning how to use it has taken som people a quite long time, you are looking at a dedicated week, wile some can pick it up in a weekend this takes dedication and even once you have learned how to use it, it will take dedication to learn it properly, I offered the Hammer 3.4/3.5 solution to those who know how to use HL1's editor
this program has the option to export .maps (readable by Radiant, but textures must be applied in Radiant,

If you dont know how feal free to PM me and request a texturing job (Not all maps will be considered If the map wasn't made properly you will be told so and you will have to work it.)

I plan on releasing a pack later on which will be a whole lot simpler for non quake 3 owners and quake 3 owners alike (this will include a Hammer editor set up for mapping with a "developer" wad file to help you see what you are doing)

Get to making that custom content! :D

PSmonkey
January 16th, 2006, 17:26
Ok time to revise my list. Resorted in order of importantce. The biggest note was swaping polygon surface clipping & md3 between builds. I think clipping is more important then suporting md3 at the current time. Also proper clipping will allow for much nicer maps in future builds (and less of a headake on poor little MGFox & Produkt).

Version 0.2
.) Tweaked input / Less restrictive movement
.) Increase speed
.) Bullet Limit
.) MD2 Fixes
.) Bot Fixes

Version 0.3
.) Jumping
.) MD3 Suport
.) Wifi
.) Heavly improved Bots

Version 0.X
.) Sound
.) MD4 Suport

lecdg2
January 16th, 2006, 22:40
I know it 's bad to ask but .... do you have an idea when you'll release a 0.2 version....
thank

Produkt
January 17th, 2006, 00:11
you are looking at about 2 weeks... possibly 3...

There will be content releases at any given time though.

PSmonkey
January 17th, 2006, 00:53
I know it 's bad to ask but .... do you have an idea when you'll release a 0.2 version....
thank

depends how long clipping takes. If i can get surface clipping thats not to hard on the cpu & clean, it could be as early as a week to as late as 3 weeks. Most of the list is pretty easy to fix.

lecdg2
January 17th, 2006, 07:34
thank you for you answer!
I'll never ask again, i promise

PSmonkey
January 17th, 2006, 14:21
its cool. It does not hurt to ask and it does not hurt to answer.

Now I will tell you what does hurt. Writing code to clip polygons to the view frustrum without being an overly bloated P.O.S. :(

McZonk
January 18th, 2006, 10:16
Do it like I did in the Q2 Beta. Fake the clipping :D

Just don't clear the color buffer. Sure it makes some errors but it don't look so bad as black parts of the screen :D

I have written a fast convex polygon frustum clipper. I will release it soon.

PSmonkey
January 18th, 2006, 15:41
Do it like I did in the Q2 Beta. Fake the clipping :D

Just don't clear the color buffer. Sure it makes some errors but it don't look so bad as black parts of the screen :D

I have written a fast convex polygon frustum clipper. I will release it soon.

Screw that. I'm going for real clipping algorithim. I also noticed your cheap trick in quake 2 ;)

I need it since quake 3 surfaces are pretty damn large on the whole so it's best to do it the right way then to sub divide like crazy guessing till you get it small enough.

McZonk
January 18th, 2006, 17:19
In Q2 a subdived all polygons into triangles and every triangle into 4 smaller once. That results in the same problem as you have. I just added the colorbuffer hack for a quiet better look not as a feature.

I now have a real frustum clipping which is much faster than the stupid subdivide because i can still draw a complete polygon with triangl _fan. But for the first beta the color buffer hack was a good idea because you don't notice the errors in normal gameplay :D

PSmonkey
January 18th, 2006, 20:09
In Q2 a subdived all polygons into triangles and every triangle into 4 smaller once. That results in the same problem as you have. I just added the colorbuffer hack for a quiet better look not as a feature.

I now have a real frustum clipping which is much faster than the stupid subdivide because i can still draw a complete polygon with triangl _fan. But for the first beta the color buffer hack was a good idea because you don't notice the errors in normal gameplay :D

Yep, Actualy for us we just had the maper make a map with very very small polygons.

I'm trying to get my clipping working but it's hard when you cant debug (so currently testing out in my win32 work enviroment to see what the bug is).

PSmonkey
January 18th, 2006, 21:37
Hey guess what. I finaly got Surface/Polygon clipping working. I just need to do a few things, clip the u.v cordinates, & properly add it into the pipeline (so it clips once and can be rendered multiple times for multitexturing & lightmaps.

FYI, Everything grey is being clipped.

PSmonkey
January 19th, 2006, 02:06
Few more things. I have added in the uv adjustments so texturing is good now. I just have to fix colors.

Also sadly we lost in the dcemu compo but oh well. We will always keep chugging along & congrats to mrzonk for his well deserved win.

GizmoSan
January 19th, 2006, 05:09
make me a list of textures you need :D or email me the list.

MGFox
January 19th, 2006, 15:45
Also sadly we lost in the dcemu compo but oh well. We will always keep chugging along & congrats to mrzonk for his well deserved win.

We lost?!?...don't be so negative, we came second, by one point! Thats not too bad, considering we were up against a port of a popular commercial product!

Cheers,
Fox

-LO-LEADER2
January 20th, 2006, 00:15
I still dont see how you guys lost. Iris should have had the compo win easy, I thought

PSmonkey
January 20th, 2006, 01:15
We lost?!?...don't be so negative, we came second, by one point! Thats not too bad, considering we were up against a port of a popular commercial product!

Cheers,
Fox

Second place is just a fancy way of saying the first looser.

Words of wisdom to live by :P

Not sure i remember where i got that one from.

Kaiser
January 20th, 2006, 20:46
Second place is just a fancy way of saying the first looser.

Words of wisdom to live by :P

Not sure i remember where i got that one from.

I've heard an alternative version of that saying. "Second place is just the second winner" Sounds a little cheesy eh? Whatever next time you guys will be at the top of the list. Keep it up on this amazing project.

wraggster
January 21st, 2006, 12:27
if its any consolation i voted higher for iris

MGFox
January 21st, 2006, 14:54
Just a small update from one of the mapper dudes...

I have now rebuilt the Temple, Aztec and Hideout maps using regular sized brushes, to take advantage of the new clipping method implemented by PSmonkey...The filesizes of the maps are now about a third of their orignal size, and they have roughly a Tenth of the polycount, so they should run a lot smoother and we can even look to making much larger levels!

Cheers,
Fox

Produkt
January 21st, 2006, 15:57
wraggster, we know you're always the cool guy about it and, thanks :D

I've been busy with work recently and alot of stuff I wanted done for Iris couldn't be.

I will be writing off alot of our "Unused" textures as GPL so some fun stuff there and I have some test maps that are worth playing.

Kaiser
January 21st, 2006, 23:20
Hey, I was thinking I might be able to do some music or effects for this. I'll have to see how my schedule is for the next week though. I'll be gone from the forums for the next few days but I'll see If I can cook up an example mp3 or something.

I'll post back sometime after the weekend

cheers

Produkt
January 22nd, 2006, 01:25
Well... today, I cleaned up my home office, I found a TV, an old PS2, a Dreamcast... AND!

I HAVE A BED IN THERE! Now I can sleep in that room... there was a couch with fold out bead but it was nasty :P

Kaiser, lets have a mix off. You first, all original beats or ones that are truely Royalty free nothing ripped from official music. (check acidplanet.com for some good royalty free loops) I'll be seein ya :P

Kaiser
January 23rd, 2006, 23:58
Well I'm used to mixing tunage from games. Taking midi's converting it to mp3. Then I'd pump the hell out of the drums and lead synth or something. Originality? that is something I might have trouble with but I'll check that site out.

Do you have any real equipment or do you use a bunch of editors and cheap samples like Kaiser?

AtariFreek
February 2nd, 2006, 04:23
Go Monkey Go Monkey Its Ya Birthday... Ok You Know I'm Happy When I Sing..... 'Cause I Don't Sing.

benn
February 2nd, 2006, 10:04
Well... today, I cleaned up my home office, I found a TV, an old PS2, a Dreamcast... AND!

I HAVE A BED IN THERE!

lmao - ur room must have been a total shithole! :eek: ... but i know the feeling! when i moved i found my original PS1 hook up with copies of doom (cool multiplayer fun). i also found my Samba de Amigo - now that is sucha cool fun game!! :D

with regard to Iris. the game rocks. i am so excited about next instalments. i am no programmer but would love to help in anyway i can :confused: i can design iris logo? icons? wallpapers? etc (i work in a design agency) :rolleyes: let me know.

benn
February 8th, 2006, 08:04
OK here it is... my first contribution to Iris.
i have designed a background for the game select screen (when you are choosing to boot the file from PSP menu). i am happy to update the text as each version is released (e.g. 2.1 etc). have a look and let me know what you think. i also changed the game name slightly :D but i can easily change back. let me know if you think there should be any other change. PSmonkey, MGfox and Produkt can use this paper as you wish. tiny credit in read me would make my little heart smile :D
i am happy to produce other static screens for game etc - i am currently looking at doing jpg instructions book (using screenshots etc). just work is real heavy at mo.
http://www.neoco.com/dnd/iris_v2.jpg
please all feedback welcome from anyone (like or dont like) - make sure you put it in psp first so you can see how cool it looks on screen.. i dont care i just love Iris and think it has big potential.

behahwhoalalala
March 23rd, 2006, 17:21
when will .02 be relesed... IM really excited by it!!!

Zeemon
March 24th, 2006, 02:59
Me too-- I'm hopeing to get it this weekend so I can enjoy it over spring break..

But who knows..Info on a release date hasn't been released.

behahwhoalalala
March 27th, 2006, 15:09
it's still not released...

PSmonkey
March 27th, 2006, 15:28
0.2 is not due out for a while. I need alot more time to get it done (it involves alot). v0.15 is still comming soon but no final date still.

xypex982
March 28th, 2006, 03:27
Looks awsome, I can see it in about a year all us us playing modded versions of hl, cs, and many of our own creations. That model you used in the screeshot on the front page looks like it's from anarchy online. I can't wait for the next release. BTW I don't know if it has been asked but what engine does this run on, or can the creator choose?

Zeemon
March 28th, 2006, 03:40
0.2 is not due out for a while. I need alot more time to get it done (it involves alot). v0.15 is still comming soon but no final date still.
Sorry-- I really hate to ask, but do you think the time frame of the next release will be like in a week, or do we still have a month or too? I'm not asking for a release date or anything, just a very general time frame. It seemed like it's been close for a while, and I just want to know if I was wrong...

Once again, sorry for asking.

vettacossx
March 28th, 2006, 04:04
psmonkey your # 1 in vetta's book your my fav contributer iris is the best hard core homebrew out there and the m64 breaks the barriers great job i come over here(dcemu) to check out your work every day..and see if i cant help some people with noob questions to save you big guys some time

Produkt
March 28th, 2006, 05:41
Looks awsome, I can see it in about a year all us us playing modded versions of hl, cs, and many of our own creations. That model you used in the screeshot on the front page looks like it's from anarchy online. I can't wait for the next release. BTW I don't know if it has been asked but what engine does this run on, or can the creator choose?

I hope not... I like the guys at valve... and I'm sure they dont wanna deal with the same stuff bungi does... hell I bet they have hired personell at microsoft who just search the internet all day for IP violators...

Wile the iris team supports ALL mods... (well... unless you plan on making a "AO" mod...) for iris... even if you are violating an IP... but we prefer original ideas, or atleast content... but we wont hate on you if you wanna do a halo or cs mod... we just wont be as encouraging.. :P

PSPdemon
March 28th, 2006, 05:55
I hope not... I like the guys at valve... and I'm sure they dont wanna deal with the same stuff bungi does... hell I bet they have hired personell at microsoft who just search the internet all day for IP violators...

Wile the iris team supports ALL mods... (well... unless you plan on making a "AO" mod...) for iris... even if you are violating an IP... but we prefer original ideas, or atleast content... but we wont hate on you if you wanna do a halo or cs mod... we just wont be as encouraging.. :P

LOL!!!

Your talking to the man who had to shut down the halo mod because i was suppposedly violating the IP!!!

I do hate how companies like to ruin peoples dreams and shutdown mods for games when there are hundreds of other mods out there that are violating more than you! really makes me mad

but after lots of though i do have to agree, i accualy like the idea of original and unique gameplay and designs - it just puts it out a little more :D

AS FOR the CS and HL, why is it that everyone seems to want it but not try to make one? i mean, come on! i am 15 and i was making a halo mod because i wanted it, i didnt know much when i began, i looked at some tutorials and started building things up... so why cant anyone else?

yall can flame me if you want, i am just telling the truth

enough said,

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

xypex982
March 28th, 2006, 06:25
By modded I ment do it like pspdemon, which means have models that are changed levels that are slightly modified, but still hold all of the fun. I hope pspdemons mod goes through and I'm really looking forwrd to it. I would really like to do a mod myself because i would really enjoy making a namr for myself in this community, but I am terribly descoured because I am 14 and have NO XP WHATSOEVER IN ANY PROGRAMMING.

nomi
March 31st, 2006, 17:24
Can someone tell me or give me a tutorial about how to mod! plz!

Produkt
March 31st, 2006, 22:36
More information on iris addon procedures comming on its release. I posted a thread on mapping a wile back for the old iris though

vettacossx
April 2nd, 2006, 03:11
iris is 1 original and 2 better i agree i respect fanjita for his work but as a guest judge i feel he had bias look at the new eloader giving mad creds to the close friends at quakes mczonk wifi n such or whatever and i think iris has the vote of the people even if not the judges sorry to flame people up if i did..

vettacossx
April 2nd, 2006, 03:51
how about a body count!! so we can compete to see who can get the most kills!! and meda packs are these lil things that could be included in the next release or farther off than that? thanx in advance

Shadowblind
April 2nd, 2006, 04:39
could ya make v2 in sound?

sithmaster
April 2nd, 2006, 18:17
I tried it out and the only problem i had was the bot shot through a wall but otherwise it was very well done. The textures look good and if it has the features that have been listed it would become an fps dream unto the psp.

Though are sniper rifles a possibility :D

benn
April 3rd, 2006, 08:32
haha you posters are jokers... do you know how hard a sniper rifle is to do so it is playable?

xypex982
April 12th, 2006, 04:55
No, but by the sound of it would it be safe to say that it's hard.

lplover2k
April 16th, 2006, 19:22
simply amazing!!! i am very curious how u made this...opengl? ... anyway continue with ur nice works!!!

-{PhoeniX}-
April 17th, 2006, 00:09
great game, keeps getting better and better. I agree with people that sound for the next version would be great. this is probly one of the best graphic homebrew games out. good work!

BrooksyX
April 17th, 2006, 00:35
yeah i think it would be cool if each character could have their own custom gun sound and then have one saying that they say when they taunt. and also i think it would be cool to have an mp3 player in the background so we could play music files to match the mod we were playing.

Produkt
April 17th, 2006, 04:18
Mod setup is being discussed for the next release of Iris being Iris heavily supports the mod community their will be some plesent surprises

BrooksyX
April 17th, 2006, 05:29
is there going to be a tutorial on how to make maps for the next version, because i am interested but i dont want to waste my timing making ones for 0.1

alfredo-man
April 17th, 2006, 06:45
Does it work with version 2.6?

alfredo-man
April 17th, 2006, 07:00
Does the game works with eboot loader on version 2.6?

Produkt
April 17th, 2006, 19:01
yes it does and the future versions will aswell

If you want to learn how to map for 0.2 pm me and I'll teach you how.

Zeemon
April 17th, 2006, 23:28

I PMed you, but didn't get a reply..

alfredo-man
April 18th, 2006, 06:13

Yes please :) , just tell me when

Accordion
April 18th, 2006, 16:57
after PSmonkey flattened my suggestion on hot key chat over wi-fi in preferance of VoIP. would i be right in thinking that multiplayer is not very far off at all
(next release- please god)

how much has the online mode developed?
produkt stated he already has a server setup

DPyro
April 18th, 2006, 17:03
I don't think multiplayer will be in the next release. Theres still other things to fix and much much more to add :)

Accordion
April 18th, 2006, 17:15
yeah i didnt think it would be a reality. the wait continues

ps: sniper your map looks great though a little dark, but everything looks really smooth. is there a theme or is it for gameplay possibilities?.. It would be good if you could post some more screens

max_hempfling
May 3rd, 2006, 03:44
when i hear u were shuting down the halo/iris mod i tried.. in fact im still trying. The only thing is i have no friggin clue how to make it. if u could send me everything u had or used for the mod (plus the actual mod that u have. u no the 1 i saw u play in that movie i had to download) ive wasted so much room on my comp downloading tutorials i had to format my harddrive. anyway the only thing i have so far is a bunch of models in max format, whatever the hell that is, and 1 level that i need a bunch of textures for in map format. IM SO FRIGGING CONFUSED. cmon help me out. thx

jason turbo crow
June 13th, 2006, 21:03
my dosent work i dont no where to put the 1 file its says put it in te root of memory stick where is tat

Zeemon
June 13th, 2006, 21:27
The root is where everything is held...It is shown when you first open up the drive. Do you get it?