PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Wait, The Financial Crisis WILL Hurt Gaming

wraggster
October 28th, 2008, 17:21
So says Lazard Capital Markets analyst Colin Sebastian, and in the interest of providing a counter-point to the endless stream of "gaming is totally safe from the recession!" stories, let's hear what he's got to say.

We interpret this trend to suggest that the core market remains healthy, while more casual/mass market consumers are spending more cautiously or waiting to make purchases closer to the holidays.
What's that mean? Means people like you and me will keep on buying games, no sweat. But the kind of people snapping up Wii Fit, they'll hold off. Which has a knock-on effect! It means that retailers might hold off on buying games they think might not sell, and only buy games they know will sell. Madden, yes, Patapon, ehhh, maybe not.

http://kotaku.com/5069694/oh-wait-the-financial-crisis-will-hurt-gaming

goshogun1
October 28th, 2008, 19:15
It's too bad this holiday season has...
Farcry 2, LBP, Fallout 3, Dead Space, Fable 2, GOW2, Resistance 2. WTF!? Any one of those I don't want to miss, but I can't afford them all. Honestly for me Its gonna be Little Big Planet, and Fallout 3 this holiday season. The others can wait.

Zack
October 28th, 2008, 20:06
It's too bad this holiday season has...
Farcry 2, LBP, Fallout 3, Dead Space, Fable 2, GOW2, Resistance 2. WTF!? Any one of those I don't want to miss, but I can't afford them all. Honestly for me Its gonna be Little Big Planet, and Fallout 3 this holiday season. The others can wait.

Yeah all the awesome games are coming out at once!

I'm also a little tight on dosh at the moment, but managed to get Fable 2, Farcry 2 & Pro Evolution Soccer 2009. Still want Dead Space and also definitely getting Gears Of War 2 on launch day :D