PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania Resurrection

M Dash
January 11th, 2006, 23:33
KONAMI announced that the game was canceled. Still, a lot of fans are trying to convince KONAMI to release the game, because 80% of the game was already completed. Infact, the game was pretty playlable.

Does anyone still think that KONAMI might release the game?

soldierblade2k5
January 13th, 2006, 19:34
Uh yeah, sure it could happen. But before that can happen, ALL Nintendo games will be online, Atari will release a 512 bit Holodeck, Quzar will finish HU-GO! DC, and Shenmue 3 will be released for XBOX 360. :rolleyes:

Seriously, there isnt a chance in hell of any high profile 3rd party developer such as Konami releasing a game for the DC at this point. Sure we have the occasional dating sim and shmup coming out of Japan, but those are mostly from companies that are either nearly broke, or looking to make a name for theirselves and dont have much money to do it with. Konami finishing and publishing a Dreamcast game that they canned (with good reason) would be incredibly financially stupid. I would say its more likely that they would release the game freely to the internet, but then this is a company that thrives on copyrights and trademarks. Too much red tape there....

M Dash
January 13th, 2006, 20:29
hmmm... i see.... but it might be a chance of releasing the game over the net?
i once found the CD of the game (kinda beta i think) in sale in one frensh site, and it was bought!
maybe there's the chance of some team or somebody release the game over the net (like happened with the Sonic Adventure 2 Alpha Preview).

soldierblade2k5
January 13th, 2006, 21:07
That generally only happens when someone from the developer gets pissed that their hard work was fruitless and leaks a "burn" to someone who promptly puts it up on ebay for rediculous ammounts of cash. Then the buyer of this "HIGHLY ILLEGAL GD-R" rips it, and distributes it to the online pirate community via emule, IRC, and several other outlets. Such has been the case with HalfLife, Propeller Arena, and PBA Bowling 2001. Now...the possibility of this happening is more than a little possible, but Konami actually releasing it to the online community freely as a gift is damn near impossible.

M Dash
January 14th, 2006, 22:06
yeah.... officially given by KONAMI it's impossible at 99%. Now.... about the "pissed off" guy... or girl....

Kaiser
January 15th, 2006, 05:26
Hell I'm still waiting for Resident Evil 1.5. However these type of games will never see the light of day because big name companies don't un-cancel stuff (sadly:(). You can keep hoping for an unfinished ISO to be someday found however.