PDA

View Full Version : Downgrade glitch...

Jervanic
January 12th, 2006, 04:44
a buddy and i have been downgrading, and upgrading, etc etc to switch from GTA to wifi jukebox, rss feed, etc... and yea well anyways, last week he went to go downgrade his psp from 2.00 to 1.5 with the downgrader. Anyways, he got as far as to trick the psp into thinking it was 1.00 then started to do the 1.5 update, and his psp cut off. He turned it back on to find that his firmware says he is running 1.00 but he can still run the 2.00 Web Browser, homebrew, and GTA/all the newer 2.00 firmware required games.

Was wondering if anyone else has heard of this happening, i've been playing around with mine trying to recreate it, but ehhh i dunno.

tsurumaru
January 12th, 2006, 16:37
a buddy and i have been downgrading, and upgrading, etc etc to switch from GTA to wifi jukebox, rss feed, etc... and yea well anyways, last week he went to go downgrade his psp from 2.00 to 1.5 with the downgrader. Anyways, he got as far as to trick the psp into thinking it was 1.00 then started to do the 1.5 update, and his psp cut off. He turned it back on to find that his firmware says he is running 1.00 but he can still run the 2.00 Web Browser, homebrew, and GTA/all the newer 2.00 firmware required games.

Was wondering if anyone else has heard of this happening, i've been playing around with mine trying to recreate it, but ehhh i dunno.

Hi this has happened with quite a few people and is caused by the downgrade process not completing, you should find that the PSP is running FW 2.00 but says its running FW v1.00, its pretty easy to verify just try running a 1.5 or 1.0 app and it shouldn't work.

Jervanic
January 12th, 2006, 19:44
We succesfully run homebrew, everything runs besides roms.

For example wifi jukebox.

silversplice
January 12th, 2006, 19:59
Hi i have downgraded and upgraded my psp from version 1.5 to 2.0 but now that it is no v2.0 i cant seen to play back any Avc files. Any ideas on how i can get them to play or what i can do?

ThaLaGen
January 12th, 2006, 21:02
We succesfully run homebrew, everything runs besides roms.

For example wifi jukebox.
Roms require kernel access, and that's the problem with 2.0.
The only thing the downgrader does is rewrite the version number file.
Firmware stays @ 2.0.

Thats how its possible that my firmware is 7.5 now :)

Cap'n 1time
January 13th, 2006, 04:59
Roms require kernel access, and that's the problem with 2.0.
The only thing the downgrader does is rewrite the version number file.
Firmware stays @ 2.0.

Thats how its possible that my firmware is 7.5 now :)

... everything you said is wrong.

loading roms certainly does not require kernel access...

and the version changer is not a downgrader... the downgrader actually does what it says it does... DOWNGRADES! anyone with a hexeditor can change the version number...

flaming_carrot
January 13th, 2006, 09:37
Loading ROMs (=ISOs of PSP games) does require kernel access (atleast atm). And the downgrader does in fact just change the version number of the PSP so it thinks it's 1.00 instead of 2.00 and thus can run the 1.50 upgrade.

Cap'n 1time
January 13th, 2006, 18:45
ok.. ROM's are not ISO's and we do not discuss running PSP ISO's on this site anyway.

And the downgrader actually does write firmware to the machine.. it dosnt just change the version number... in other words if you downgrade from 2.00 to 1.5 YOU ARE ACTUALLY DOWNGRADING. there are meathods of changing the version number.. but thats completely useless.

Cap'n 1time
January 13th, 2006, 18:46
ok.. ROM's are not ISO's and we do not discuss running PSP ISO's on this site anyway.

And the downgrader actually does write firmware to the machine.. it dosnt just change the version number... in other words if you downgrade from 2.00 to 1.5 YOU ARE ACTUALLY DOWNGRADING. there are meathods of changing the version number.. but thats completely useless.

edit: while you might change the version number of the psp before LOADING the downgrader.. thats not all there is too it.

ThaLaGen
January 13th, 2006, 19:54
You are not downgrading anything.
You overwrite the version number because you can't upgrade to 1.5 from 2.0, it won't let you.
But by making it think 1.0 is installed you can UPGRADE to 1.5 :)