PDA

View Full Version : LittleBigPlanet 1.03: It's (a)live?

wraggster
October 30th, 2008, 16:10
LittleBigPlanet began life in this world much like a real baby: helpless. Now, it's learning to crawl. As of the time of this posting, neither Media Molecule nor LBP News Site has offered up an explanation of the 1.03 patch released last night, but Eurogamer's sources say the update was issued to lighten server loads. A peek over at the PlayStation Forums reveals varying user experiences after installing (or not installing) the patch:
basketball14: "i'm not a 100% sure but it looks like it fixed the server b/c i started off with the servers online and that's never [happened] even when the servers were [supposedly] ok"
ACpwnzor: "I'm getting a load of lag -- lame -- [and] it takes a while for an online level to load even when i'm playing only by myself!!"
subherbian: "I've been playing all night and never got the update ... I had zero server or lag problems. Seems to me I didn't even need an update"
DiZee126: "that's weird ... after the update my save file reverted to a previous version or something"
bigdaddykraven: "Well my game has been running great for hours, even before the 1.03 [patch] but now when I go to restart [levels], every now and then it freezes up and I have to hard restart"
"We are aware that the online environment of LittleBigPlanet is having server performance issues, and we are investigating the cause," Sony explained to Eurogamer. "We'll have an update to the online gameplay as soon as we possibly can."

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/30/littlebigplanet-1-03-its-a-live/