PDA

View Full Version : Backtalk in EA's Forums, Get Banned From Your Games?

wraggster
October 30th, 2008, 16:15
Maybe the Internet really is serious business - being banned from Electronic Arts' support forums may carry more serious consequences than previously thought.

According to a post in the Red Alert 3 forum by 'eeapoc' (Apparently, C&C Community Manager Aaron Kaufman) EA is implementing a new policy that will tie your forum login to your Master EA Account. If you get hit with the ban hammer for misbehaving in a forum, you could find that you are locked out of your purchased games as well.

"Your forum account will be directly tied to your Master EA Account, so if we ban you on the forums, you would be banned from the game as well since the login process is the same. And you'd actually be banned from your other EA games as well since its all tied to your account. So if you have SPORE and Red Alert 3 and you get yourself banned on our forums or in-game, well, your SPORE account would be banned to. It's all one in the same, so I strongly recommend people play nice and act mature."

http://kotaku.com/5070957/backtalk-in-eas-forums-get-banned-from-your-games

FOL
October 30th, 2008, 18:49
This is a JOKE, seriously.

EA have become arses since the miggy days. Lets hope they fall flat on their face.

Cause Red Alert 3 is a pile of crap anyway, I didnt play it for long, got bored. I never get bored with any C&C game, but RA3 (IS CRAP).

ziegrim
October 30th, 2008, 23:06
Well, saying EA is full of crap at this point feels kinda redundant after all the spore DRM stuff but it sure does feel good to say doesn't it!

devdj
October 30th, 2008, 23:19
the mods on those EA fourms must be real pussy's if they can't handle backtalk i've been backtalking my way thru life and the internet for past 10 years lol

Murdock
October 31st, 2008, 00:29
This'd mean if u take part in a forum life u have to kiss the ass of the mods in order not to get ocked out of ur own games u've payed with ur hard-earned money?

u guys now see why software pirates often lead a better gaming life? NO MALWARE that's sold to "honest" buyers as "features", NO OVERPRICED GAMES WITH LITTLE CONTENT, NO CHEAT/RIP OFF, NO PROBlems with hardware due to copy protections being incompatible, etc. etc. etc. ...

I seriously wonder why these companies can't see that making good games with unique online features actually is the best copy protection ... anyway ... this is about accout management and locking of games: another rip off, like copy protections, too: if u like ur game and u get locked out, u'll have to buy it again and keep ur head down ... bah ... disgusting policies!

Veskgar
October 31st, 2008, 01:54
Anything to instill a little false sense of power and authority in these losers. What a JOKE indeed!

I once worked a job (and I know its common) where the supervisors got so bored and needed to feel important that they started making up crazy rules to enforce. Like you couldn't bring in a newspaper to read because the INK might rub off on a desk. Ridiculous things like that. I ended up getting suspended / fired for playing my PSP in my downtime. LOL

Screw them all. Respectfully challenge & question authority! Don't be a sheep.

Zack
October 31st, 2008, 02:39
Very odd....

Eviltaco64
October 31st, 2008, 02:44
I've had mixed feelings about EA, but come on. Back talk on a forum and you're banned from your games!? That's absolutely ridiculous.

pibs
October 31st, 2008, 07:07
Ugh I really want to boycott EA but Dead Space looks soo tempting :( wait if I buy second hand they don't get my support right lol

If this is true it is completely out of line and abuse of power.

Imagine if DCEMU was like this and if you got banned you wouldn't be able to purchase off playasia...oh the horror!

davidcrew
October 31st, 2008, 07:14
wait so EA creates games where they cater to hardcore gamers, but they can't deal with the naturally competitive edge that hardcore gamers have that may translate into "backtalk" on forums?

derr.

wolfpack
October 31st, 2008, 17:21
Theyre prolly tired of people making fun of them and crying like babies

I miss the old EA --_--

gutbub
November 1st, 2008, 01:36
This seems a little over the top, even for EA. Whatever though. It's a good thing I'm not an EA mod; I would ban so many people.

Hopefully by "backtalk" they mean inappropriate, disrespectful, or offensive language. Now I'm going to wonder how far somebody has to go to get banned.