PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Exec: "We've Never Neglected Core Gamers"

wraggster
October 30th, 2008, 16:16
For those who felt let down, disappointed and even spurned by Nintendo's E3 2008 press conference, Nintendo UK exec David Yarnton wants you to know: Nintendo has never neglected core gamers. Sure, there might have been a brief lapse in memory, but neglect? Nope! Here's Yarnton in his own words:

It’s simply not true, Nintendo has never lost its passion for core gamers. Nintendo would like to bring smiles to as many different faces as possible and produce games which appeal to mainstream and gaming audiences worldwide.

http://kotaku.com/5070823/nintendo-exec-weve-never-neglected-core-gamers

BlueMonkey
October 30th, 2008, 21:22
They're basically saying that if we don't like their casual games then it's our fault. **** you Nintendo.

ICE
October 30th, 2008, 21:29
They havent neglected us.. Its just that for PS3 and 360 we're the only market they care about. For every one hardcore type Wii game PS3 and 360 get like 5 a piece.

Shadowblind
October 30th, 2008, 23:43
Uh-huh...tell that to my desolate Wii game collection Nintendo.

Eviltaco64
October 30th, 2008, 23:50
Bring us some more sequels.

If they were to bring F-Zero, Luigi's Mansion, Kirby, Pikmin, and Kid Icarus sequels (and not Gamecube games running in Wii mode) eventually, then I'd consider getting a Wii. :)

If it takes them another 2 or 3 years, that's cool. I just want more of the franchises I grew up with and less "hit the soccer ball with your family".

ChaoticanarchyX
October 31st, 2008, 00:35
If this aint a kick in the balls! Seriously Nintendo! Its stuff like this that makes me wish Sega was still in the "Game"....

grossaffe
October 31st, 2008, 03:37
How many games have Microsoft and Sony actually put out for their platforms? I mean in-house games that they did themselves and not some third-party that they just bought exclusive rights to?

The problem isn't nintendo's commitment, they can only do so much, the problem is a lack of GOOD third-party support.

ICE
October 31st, 2008, 04:43
How many games have Microsoft and Sony actually put out for their platforms? I mean in-house games that they did themselves and not some third-party that they just bought exclusive rights to?

The problem isn't nintendo's commitment, they can only do so much, the problem is a lack of GOOD third-party support.

You make a good point.. Truly the lack of third part support in the form of actual "AAA" games is the issue. I haven't completely abandoned hope that it'll get better though. The Conduit isnt that far off is it?