PDA

View Full Version : Mirror's Edge demo on PSN today

Shrygue
October 30th, 2008, 20:05
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=200596)

EA has confirmed that a demo for Mirror's Edge will go live on the PS Store today, and on Xbox Live Marketplace tomorrow.

The demo to the brilliant-looking free-running sim will contain "the prologue of the game, a tutorial and a segment of the single-player story mode."

Interestingly, as previously reported, those of you who pre-order the game will also get an unlock code for a hidden Time Trial mode within the demo.

"Time Trial is an addictive mode that challenges players to use their speed and best moves to find the fastest routes throughout the city. Gamers can upload their best time to the Mirror's Edge online leaderboards for their friends to download and compete against," explains EA. Sounds cool.

As well as the demo arriving early on PSN, Sony has also secured DLC exclusivity for the PS3.

If you can't get to your PS3 right now, have a look at some gorgeous footage.

**1_Man_Matrix**
October 31st, 2008, 03:15
Demo Mini-Review:

Managed to pry myself away from Fallout 3 long enough to give this a go...

Awesome! It was a bit intimidating at first, but I can see that with enough practice, the flow of things will start to take hold and it will be a lot of fun.

Things felt clunky at first, running into bad dudes, missing jumps etc, but when I did pull something cool off, it was pretty satisfying :)

I got the same feeling of satisfaction that I used to get from Tony Hawk games, after pulling off numerous cool moves in slick succession.

Unfortunately it is released the same week as GH:WT and Cod World At War here in Aus, but the demo has helped it's chances of a purchase!

Mc_Logical
October 31st, 2008, 04:27
Demo Mini-Review:

Managed to pry myself away from Fallout 3 long enough to give this a go...

Awesome! It was a bit intimidating at first, but I can see that with enough practice, the flow of things will start to take hold and it will be a lot of fun.

Things felt clunky at first, running into bad dudes, missing jumps etc, but when I did pull something cool off, it was pretty satisfying :)

I got the same feeling of satisfaction that I used to get from Tony Hawk games, after pulling off numerous cool moves in slick succession.

Unfortunately it is released the same week as GH:WT and Cod World At War here in Aus, but the demo has helped it's chances of a purchase!

Intimidating? scared of heights are we? oh! wait no! 1_Man_Matrix you are the one! you can fly, nevermind old school matrix roofs lol

ICE
October 31st, 2008, 04:41
Yeah I just noticed that. Im downloading as we speak ;)

**1_Man_Matrix**
October 31st, 2008, 04:59
Intimidating? scared of heights are we? oh! wait no! 1_Man_Matrix you are the one! you can fly, nevermind old school matrix roofs lol

Oh don't worry, this is definently my game :)

It's about time a First Person game was created in this style, with this much attention to detail.

The controls are the only weird thing really, just have to get used to them... My brain kept assuming Triangle was jump and X was duck/slide, lol but Faith is not Altair. But if you are a Matrix/Parkour fan, Mirror's Edge seems to be the shizzle!

ICE
October 31st, 2008, 17:00
Well I went from not caring to really looking forward to this game during that demo.

EDIT:
Thats the whole demo ;)
BPBB69tS4j4