PDA

View Full Version : [RELEASE] Easy Spoof for 5.00 M33-3

Mr. Shizzy
October 31st, 2008, 18:44
Easy Spoof V.1 BETA
ONLY for 5.00 M33-3

http://i36.tinypic.com/2ztg5n5.png

Easy Spoof is a simple tool that allows you to spoof your firmware version.
Just to be clear what this does: It does NOT actually change your firmware, just the firmware version display in the XMB, under "System Settings/System Information".

NOTE: You must install Easy Spoof to the GAME5XX folder, or it will refuse to start ;)

This is BETA V.1 - I will probably update in the future to allow more than 8 characters to be used in firmware spoofs.

Much thanks to Super Sheep & Matchung who made writing this a million times easier... SONY has now dynamically stored 2 characters in the firmware string within vshctrl.prx, which had me a little confused when i first began to write this... THANKS GUYS !! :D

crait
October 31st, 2008, 22:15
Thanks for this!
I had an old version of something similar but it wouldn't work with CFW 3.9 or higher.

carlitx
October 31st, 2008, 22:50
nice release, but one question i have always had is, why do people always black out the MAC address? does it really matter?

joe_c
November 1st, 2008, 00:49
thanks bro

Mr. Shizzy
November 1st, 2008, 05:03
nice release, but one question i have always had is, why do people always black out the MAC address? does it really matter?

Well, MAC Address are PSP specific.
So it just helps you stay anonymous...

DarthPaul
November 1st, 2008, 11:36
Pointless.

But, err... Thanks for the effort?

Mr. Shizzy
November 1st, 2008, 15:16
Pointless.

Folks, please:

http://i37.tinypic.com/s3j589.jpg

DarthPaul
November 1st, 2008, 15:22
Sorry, I'm just being realistic. It's pointless for me. :)

I didn't mean to offend you.

Wally
November 1st, 2008, 21:35
Pointless.

I agree in this case, people shouldn't have to spoof their Mac Address if they didn't pirate the product.
:rofl:

Wally

Mr. Shizzy
November 2nd, 2008, 06:23
I agree in this case, people shouldn't have to spoof their Mac Address if they didn't pirate the product.
:rofl:

Wally

This is not a MAC Address spoofer. :rolleyes:

It lets you create a spoofed System Software for entertainment purposes.

So by default, in system settings your software will show up as 5.00 M33-3 (as this is the only cfw that Easy Spoof is compatible with...)

With this you could change it to say "Wally M33", or "1337" or what ever you want your firmware to show up as.

All without having to use a hex editor.
It's for those who like to go the extra mile in customizing their XMB.
Nothing to do with pirating, or your Mac address ;)

EDIT: Wally, I'm not sure what your edit of my above post was about... :confused:
Then you say "one is plenty" :confused:
I only posted it once, so I'm not sure what your on about mate... :p

Wally
November 2nd, 2008, 06:29
Ahhhh Rightio then!

=)

Good times eh.

Wally

ish420ism
November 2nd, 2008, 19:09
Thanks Shizzy. I remember first seeing your name when you were making a mario bro theme. Now you're coming up with a lot neat stuff.

Shrygue
November 3rd, 2008, 20:46
I love this firmware spoofer app, hope you do update this in the future, it's ace!

mrwho
November 22nd, 2008, 06:57
i LOVE this app!

i personally leave my mark on every PSP i have worked on and repaired thanks to this!

however, i soon will need more than 8 characters...

any way you can release an update?

keep up the good work!