PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DSi Blocks Pirated Flash Cards

Shrygue
October 31st, 2008, 20:45
via Gizmodo US (http://gizmodo.com/5072713/nintendo-dsi-blocks-pirated-flash-cards)

We pretty much figured that Nintendo had another reason for releasing the DSi other than just wanting to give us a prettier system like, say, wanting to stop rampant global piracy on the DS. Now that the DSi is out in Japan, the public has tested all of the flash card piracy devices and found the results to be very, very bad. None of them work.

R4 - Failed
EZ Flash V - Failed
CycloDS - Failed
G6 DS Real - Failed
M3 DS Real - Failed
Supercard DS One - Failed
iTouch DS - Failed
FCard - Failed
NCard - Failed
M3 DS Simply - Failed
U2DS - Failed

It's possible that there's a card not currently on that list, but from our quick glance, all the big boys in DS piracy are covered.

gutbub
October 31st, 2008, 21:38
Good, I hate piracy. Sure I know that not everyone uses the flash cards for piracy, but I would have to guess that the majority do. I own an M3 Real, so I can say what I want. Also, lucky for me, I didn't plan on buying a DSi anyways.

Also, Nintendo recently released there own flash card, so hopefully they'll allow the best homebrew games to be compatible.

wraggster
October 31st, 2008, 21:46
how long before a flashcart that defeats it is released though ?

Epic Pie
November 1st, 2008, 00:05
Nintendo just lost most of its sales.

rancor01
November 1st, 2008, 01:04
>>Nintendo just lost most of its sales.

Im sure as hell not buying one!

I'm going to Akihabara today.. I'll see if anyone out there is using these..

davidcrew
November 1st, 2008, 20:38
yeah... i wonder if nintendo ever realized that many of the ds sales and the reason for so many units sold was due to the homebrew and other things, and not because it was an awesome device. =]

spinal_cord
November 1st, 2008, 22:38
What about DSVision or GnM ?

brin
November 4th, 2008, 09:09
Hello there!

Also, Nintendo recently released there own flash card, ...

What!? THAT sounds interesting, too...

Could you specify this or gimme a link to that product?

THX

brin

younginator
November 13th, 2008, 11:47
If people did want the nintendo dsi so much couldent they just make a nintendo dsi emulator and put it on a normal ds for people?

Also do you recon over a period of time someone like r4 or m3 or something will make a neww flash card or chip or soemthing so that we can hack the nintendo dsi if we decide to get one?

I also think if its going to be anything the nintendo dsi would have to be chiped like an xbox or something because i heard something about it doesent read any of the files need for a flash card to work? what do you guys think ?:confused:

Skv0ra
November 21st, 2008, 00:49
History proves that piracy = hardware sales. Look at PS3 vs 360 and Wii. Look at PSP-3000 and how no one wants to get it, yet. Same with DSi on top of being a boring system. I'm sure FC teams will overcome this in a matter of weeks and everything will be back to normal.

crookedmouth
November 21st, 2008, 15:51
If people did want the nintendo dsi so much couldent they just make a nintendo dsi emulator and put it on a normal ds for people?

The DSI has more memory and it possibly may even have a slightly faster CPU(who knows), so your asking weather you can emulate something that is more powerful(although only slightly) on an underpowered machine?

Anyway, no is the answer. :)

mattsaysfooey
November 22nd, 2008, 01:06
This is just a confirmation that I will never buy a DSi. What does DSi have over the current? A camera,slightly larger screen and my flashcard won't work and my slot 2 doesn't have a slot. I'll pass.

timtomnaru
February 19th, 2009, 14:30
there is already a flash kart that is confirmed working. It is called Acekart. have fun ppls.