PDA

View Full Version : QOTD: How Many Times Has Your Xbox 360 Gone Down With a RRoD?

wraggster
October 31st, 2008, 23:09
Earlier this month we learned that a California man has decided to sue Microsoft over RRoD issues claiming that the company knew around 50% of the consoles shipped were defective (some claim the figure could be as high as 68 percent.) As you know, Microsoft extended their warranty plan at great expense to help cover their ass, but having to send back consoles repeatedly wears real thin, real fast. So, I am curious to know: how many times have you danced with the RRoD?

http://gizmodo.com/5071084/qotd-how-many-times-has-your-xbox-360-gone-down-with-a-rrod

Shadowblind
November 1st, 2008, 02:49
Twice. First time I got ****ed off pretty bad, second time it was just a "whatever".

Dbgtgoten
November 1st, 2008, 09:29
once thats it and i sent it in and got it back in less than a week hardware fails sometimes what do you expect =/ thats life

Baboon
November 1st, 2008, 09:46
One rrod and then 6 months later another error (something to do with the power pack) which ment it had to go back.

Even after this I still wouldnt trade it for another console. :)

beetroot bertie
November 1st, 2008, 14:39
Just the once (so far). It also had the sticking tray issue whereby the drive wouldn't open with a disc being in it.

My 360 developed the issue after 18 months of use and since being repaired has been fine since mid-april.

To Microsoft's credit it only took 9 days to get it back and the DVD drive was replaced - I'm so glad they extended the warranty for RRoD.

Eviltaco64
November 1st, 2008, 17:16
Twice, I have one right now that I'm too poor to fix as well. :mad: