PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating an early Christmas in Japan - The Nintendo NDSi™ has arrived

wraggster
October 31st, 2008, 23:49
http://image.play-asia.com/gallery/large/GA.00100.0516.jpg

The newest Nintendo™ portable multimedia station has arrived. Nintendo DSi™ is not only thinner and lighter but spots many more facilities than its predecessors.

Record the unexpected momentous instants in your life by taking pictures and edit them on the go with your DSi™. With two cameras installed, one at the back of the cover and the other at the joint between the two screens, you can take photos of your friends and yourself at ease and add layers of frills onto them with the handy program.

With its user-friendly icon menu, you can achieve whatever you want without having to break a sweat. You can enjoy the functions of the DSi™ even without putting a game into the console. Aside from taking pictures and editing them, you can go on to the Internet shop and download games. Please be aware, however, that the Japanese NDSi™ only connects to its regional online shop and therefore can only download Japanese games.

Even gameplay is made more exhilarating by the new bigger screen. Compared with the NDS™ Lite, the screen is bigger by 17%. The new console plays all NDS™ games, so feel free to try out your favourite games on the bigger screen. The only takeaway from the older console is the Gameboy™ Advance Slot.

As the first generation of DSi™ consoles, two colors are available, choose between the pristine white and the stylish black.

Nintendo DSi (Black) JPN US$ 299.00
Nintendo DSi (White) JPN US$ 299.00

Play-Asia.com is expected to receive the first Nintendo DSi™ units on coming Monday (November 4th), followed by another shipment on Wednesday, covering all preorders placed so far. Make sure to submit your order now to be among one of the first ones to enjoy the new NDSi.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few critical facts about the new (Japanese Version) Nintendo DSi™:

The Nintendo DSi™ plays all region Nintendo DS™ game cartridges (Japan, USA, Europe,...).
The Japanese NDSi™ only connects to the Japanese download shop. You won't be able to download NDSi™ games from other regions with your Japanese console!
Other than the NDS™/NDS™ Lite, the NDSi™ system language is Japanese only!
The NDSi™ charger once again differs from the NDS™/NDS™ Lite model one. Be reminded that the Japanese NDSi™ includes a 100-120V power supply (for direct usage in Japan, USA, Canada).
This hardware revision no longer supports Gameboy™ Advance playback.

To commemorate the debut of the new console, a number of new games and accessories have been released in Japan on 1st November:

Games
Aruite Wakaru: Seikatsu Rhythm DS JPN US$ 58.90
Avalon Code JPN US$ 48.90
Valkyrie Profile: Toga o Seoumono JPN US$ 48.90

These games are compatible with both NDSi™ and its predecessors so all NDS™ gamers, be sure to grab a copy.

Aside from games, there are already a buch of new accessories in stock now:

Liquid Crystal Protection Filter DSi JPN US$ 6.99
Screen Guard DSi JPN US$ 6.99
Seikatsu Rhythm Meter JPN US$ 19.90
Dragon Screen Guard JPN US$ 2.99

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-8s-74-1uz-49-en-84-n.html

mcdougall57
November 1st, 2008, 00:09
Seems like more of a downgrade to me.

jaybud4
November 1st, 2008, 01:33
TWICE the price of the original launch of the DS and they're sporting nowhere NEAR enough to make it worth it.
Nintendo has officially gone insane.

ggx2neo
November 1st, 2008, 02:33
I'm pretty sure that $299 is the play-asia price, not a price that Nintendo set for the system. And as someone who stuck with the original fat DS, I'm excited to get one, not going to import though, I'll wait for the US version. A year will be plenty of time for them to work out any bugs and make some sweet DSiWare games :)

goshogun1
November 1st, 2008, 05:39
Wow! A 17% screen size increase is awesome. Consider me there day 1 in the US. Can live w/o gba playback, because I have a lite and GBA SP, so its only a small inconvenience. I just feel sorry for the people who pay $299 because they just can't wait.

Lastron
November 1st, 2008, 09:40
4 gods sake. I have a ds fat and it has a longer battery time than ds lite, anyway... The dsi has bugs with average ds games as well as being homebrew free. I think nintendo will NOT release this in the US as they wont expect a high profit.

Plus it only lasts for 2 hours battery time which is a full hour below ds fat and 30 mins short of ds lite!

ggx2neo
November 1st, 2008, 15:54
2 hour battery life?? Where did you hear that one? http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/compar.JPG Not exactly sure if that's totally right but I know that it's not 2 hours.. And, the regular DS wasn't made for homebrew, people had to make it work on it... There will probably be homebrew on the DSi within a week of its launch. Homebrew will live on!:)

Lastron
November 1st, 2008, 16:16
:sigh: i didnt think that it was. But with firmware updates etc it makes it MUCH harder fir any homebrew at all!