PDA

View Full Version : DPhone V. Flare (Public Release V. 1.0) - Iphone for DS Released

wraggster
November 1st, 2008, 12:12
Hillbilly (http://forum.palib.info/index.php?topic=5445.570) has released his long awaited especially for the users of the Palib forums Iphone Clone app for the DS, heres the release info:

DPhone V. Flare (Public Release V. 1.0)
[iPhone clone for the DS]

-----> README.txt <-----

The contents of the .rar should be extracted so that your card looks like so :

|+-ROOT
| +-DPhone
| +-Movies, settings.ini, iconXY.ini, etc.
| +-DPhone.NDS

To play movies: Open up the ini file from the "Spinal's movie converter" folder and change the name
of the input file (.flv, .wmv, etc...) to your file inside that directory. Run "Convert.exe" and it will
compile your movie. Place the compiled movie (.smf) inside the directory of your choice. Then, using the
file-browser navigate to the folder of the desired movie file and press "A" to play.

Music Files: Currently only pre-formatted MP3's work in DPhone. There are to ways to open, from the
home screen and from the file browser. Either will play the same way.

Picture Files: Currently only 256x192 images are supported but this implementation takes use of
multi-touch (My MLlib) for zooming in, and rotating pictures. One touch does panning, two for zoom, and 3
or more for rotation. To zoom in, tap and hold with two fingers and slide the fingers from the top of the
screen, down. To zoom out, tap and hold with two fingers, but this time, go from the bottom of the screen
to the top. (bottom and top taken as if the DS were not rotated).

Map Viewer: Supports any *.BMP image as long as it follows the screen's size ratio. (e.g. 256x192,
512x384...) Pretty simple at the moment, and needs little describing. Simple enough that you should be
able to figure it out easily.

File-Browser: The file browser is meant for quick and convienient access to files of various
formats. The supported formats are as follows:
+*.SMF
+*.TXT
+*.BMP (has to follow the ratio...)
+*.MP3
+*.NDS (bootable NDS binary files)
It will detect more but will not play them. To boot an NDS file, just browse for it in the file-browser
and press "A". I don't think that it patches the file for you, although I'm unsure.

Text Editor: Not much has changed since BETA. This is still a very early demo of what this
implementation will be like when finished.

Settings: In, but still so buggy that I took it out for this public release.

Phone: Yet to be implemented, although the author of SvSIP has contacted me.

Calendar: Prett simple but you can't do any planning for dates yet and the current date is in
yellow text which makes it hard to read. Use the D-Pad to scroll through the days, "L" and "R" to scroll
the months, and "Y" and "X" to scroll the years.

Favorites: Pretty buggy but shows proof of concept. It will freeze if there's more than 5
favorites in the directory.

That's about it. Please enjoy and give feedback!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

hillbilly
November 1st, 2008, 15:01
There is a big bug but it can be fixed easily. When you irst boot-up the application, you'll notice that if you go into the file-browser, the text is upside down. To fix this, all you have to do is open up "settings.ini" from the DPhone folder and add this line underneath "unlock" : "hand=1". Do not change it from here on out or you woll get the same bug that you are having now. I'm really sorry to everyone. I was in such a rush that I forgot if I took it out (for bugging purposes before the release) that it would take the value as a "0" which is for left hand rotated text. Once again, I am really sorry.

soulanger
November 1st, 2008, 17:36
Although it aint polish yet, currently its very nice. :D
The zoom/rotate multitouch ideas are great.

davidcrew
November 1st, 2008, 19:54
i love you.

SifJar
November 1st, 2008, 20:21
this may sound stupid, but i can't get pictures to load. i go to the file browser, scroll to them and select them, but the screen goes black and everything freezes. i have the DPhone directory and DPhone.nds both in the root of my max media dock and launch through DSOrganize if any of that makes a difference.:confused:

Chrono0001
November 1st, 2008, 23:48
Great app, looks promising! :]

Only problem, it freezes on the file browser for me. : /

midna25
November 2nd, 2008, 05:52
Looks good!

Homerun
November 2nd, 2008, 14:31
I can't view my vids...

Epic Pie
November 2nd, 2008, 21:05
Its decent but very buggy, hopefully the newer versions of DPhone will be better.

rtnario
November 3rd, 2008, 13:33
Like the previous post, it sure is buggy, but has lots of potential.

Looking forward to future updates. ^^

goofyloop
November 19th, 2008, 01:28
I created the first theme for the DPhone! I hope you guys enjoy it. It is an iPhone-like Theme The rar file is on my site...http://goofyloop1995.googlepages.com/dphone

Rice8Azn
May 16th, 2009, 15:43
It wont even load. After the "please rotate your ds" it just becomes a black page (on both screens) and nothing else after that : S:(:mad:

diedje
February 3rd, 2010, 19:22
bug bug bug bug bug

ChaoticanarchyX
February 4th, 2010, 04:51
Not a bad app, buggy as expected. One problem im having right now is when i try to browse it freeezes up, maybe due to a freak bug that is maybe causing the lock ups because of a file veiw limitation? Its not picking up my Music folder with the MP3's in it. So far that it. I'm using a CycloDS with the 1.56 firmware and the iPlayer 1.2 firmware, In case that may help you hillbilly. Looks like an app that may come close to rivaling Moonshell 2 if the project gets a comeplete follow through.

pakisad
November 7th, 2011, 14:21
hi! i'm new to this forum. how can i download it?