PDA

View Full Version : NXE leaked, installation disables Live until November 19

wraggster
November 1st, 2008, 13:19
It took no time at all but the New Xbox Experience has been leaked onto the internet. According to tipsters, someone who was invited to the NXE has made the update available in downloadable form online which -- like all other Xbox 360 dashboard updates -- has the ability to update any console with a USB thumb drive.

If you're thinking of grabbing the update, think again. According to Platform Nation using the leaked update disables Xbox Live on a console until November 19, the actual release of NXE. With Gears of War 2 just around the corner, you wouldn't want to take your console off the grid would you? While no reported bans have been handed down since the leak showed up it isn't hard to imagine Microsoft could take you offline for good. You've been warned.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/10/31/nxe-leaked-installation-disables-live-until-november-19/

carlitx
November 1st, 2008, 15:02
wow. tempting but I think I can wait lol.

pibs
November 2nd, 2008, 09:36
With GoW2 coming soon theres no way in hell im doing that!

I hear it reduces loading times for fable 2 which sounds really tempting >_<

Zack
November 2nd, 2008, 19:52
Yeah I can wait too.

I want to own some noobs on Gears 2 :p

cal360
November 2nd, 2008, 21:24
I'm looking forward to this update greatly, but my live is something that can offer more at this time. I'd prefer to wait and experience it with everyone else.

masterchief929
November 2nd, 2008, 22:13
I definately do not think it would be worth it. Why would you want to disable Live and miss out on Gears 2?