PDA

View Full Version : PSPHUGO: PC Engine Emulator for PSP v1.2.0

zx-81
November 1st, 2008, 13:30
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/psphugo-snap-v101.jpg

Hi All,

For those who haven't seen previous version Hu-Go is a famous emulator of NEC PC Engine
console, running on many system such as Linux and Windows.
(see http://www.zeograd.com/ for details)

PSPHugo is a port on PSP of one latest version of Hu-Go.

What's new then in this version :

- Finally fix issue with "Home -> Exit" !
- Digital pad is now usable in file requester
even when danzeff keyboard is displayed
- Fix inconsistency between zip rom file names and save game name.
- Tested on new FW 5x-M33

This version doesn't fix any compatibility issue, so all games that didn't work with earlier
versions still won't run.

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public licence v2, read COPYING.txt
file for more information about it.

http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/

This should be a final version only if major bugs are found. Most of all incompatibility issues are
already presents in original windows / Linux Hu-go version so i don't plan to fix them
(too much work, it would be easier to port another PC Engine emulator ...)

Enjoy,

Zx.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

brandonheat8
November 1st, 2008, 23:45
awesome, great release!

zx-81
November 2nd, 2008, 14:25

Saracchini
November 2nd, 2008, 15:07
This was one of the emulators that i was waiting for a long time, due the lack of PC-Engine emulators that runs on Slim PSP. I guess that Cd audio still is not emulated... anyway it is a good emulator.

Thanks for the good job zx-81 !

zx-81
November 2nd, 2008, 17:19
I guess that Cd audio still is not emulated...

Yes, who knows if i find some time to add Cd Audio support (using media engine not to speed down the emu).

O-bake
November 5th, 2008, 18:46
Yes, who knows if i find some time to add Cd Audio support (using media engine not to speed down the emu).
That would be totally awesome, of course.

Sadly, i have to learn for my final exams right now and i am not allowed to distract myself with gaming, but at the end of december this little piece of software will be a very welcome christmas present for me :)

Thanks again.

dvpmike
February 7th, 2009, 22:39
how do you create a cheat that is 32 bit code? like if the code is for gold 1000, the cheat setting only go up to FF which is 99. Also is there a place to get cheats?

Thanks

Kerras
February 17th, 2009, 06:11
You said the readme explained everything. But it does not go into detail about playing cd games. Could someone enlighten how this is done. please.

MackTypeR
February 24th, 2009, 01:23
This doesn't work on my PSP. I have 5.00 M33-3, I put it into PSP/GAME and when I try to load it I get error 80020130. I deleted and tried again and now it just says corrupted data, I downloaded it from a different site and it still says corrupted data. Please help!

zx-81
May 29th, 2009, 16:05
a new version is out with full CD game support (data + audio)

@MackTyper: put psphugo in psp/game5xx and it should work better ...