PDA

View Full Version : What DC games do you still play?

WHurricane16
May 9th, 2004, 13:35
I'm still playing Skies of Arcadia myself. It usually takes me months to finish games....I've been playing SOA for 2 years.

wraggster
May 9th, 2004, 14:43
id like to play a decent fps game similiar to the conflict storm games.

is hidden and dangerous a similiar game?

Propeller
May 9th, 2004, 14:45
Stick firmly to the chair:

Puyo Puyo Fever (deathmatches with my wife Pimkin)
Virtua Tennis 2
Soul Calibur
Feet of Fury (deathmatches with my wife Pimkin)
DDR mix2
Sonic Adventure 2
Rayman 2
Soldier of Fortune
Super Runabout
Chef's Luv Shack (matches with 3 mates)
Shenmue 1 JAP
Space channel 5 part 2 (I can't finish this game, I've got no rhythm)
Jet Set Radio
D2 JAP & USA (comparing the differences)
Uefa Dream Soccer
Virtua Striker 2000.1
Spider-man (I'm finding every comic)
Track & Field (with 3 more mates)
NBA 2k2 (the season of my life)

etc...

Propeller

curt_grymala
May 9th, 2004, 15:29
NFL 2K (although I am looking into trading it and my extra copy of Sonic Adventure, so that I can ger NFL2K2 instead)
House of the Dead 2 (at least, I did until it disappeared. I have been searching franitcally for it for the last month or so. It got lost somewhere in the move. I know it's around here somewhere)
Sonic Adventure
NBA2K2
...and I would still play Soul Reaver, as I think it's an awesome game, but I just keep getting stuck in the same spot over and over again.

Funny - I was going to start a topic very similar to this yesterday, but I knew they were moving this board, so I didn't do it then.

wraggster
May 9th, 2004, 15:49
my fault put board in wrong place :P

steveola
May 9th, 2004, 21:19
I mainly play games that are easy to pick up and play for an hour or so.

Soul Calibur - The greatest beat-em-up ever!

Demolition Racer - Crashing stuff is such fun!

Rez - Underrated shooter, very bizarre!

and a plethora of Jap shooters.
looking at this list its obvious that I like kicking ass, wrecking stuff and blowing sh*t up.

Then again who doesn't ? *;D

blackpuma
May 9th, 2004, 22:35
great games:

Virtua Striker 2000.1 (vs matches, i've unlocked all teams myself)
Soul Calibur
Crazy Taxi
Air Force Delta
Sega Rally (2 player)
Dead Or Alive
Virtua Tennis 2K2
Puyo Puyo
MSR (started it but go stuck)

DemoniusX
May 10th, 2004, 00:27
Games I still Play on my Dc are the following:

Soul Caliber - ( a fighting game I can never get bored of}

Carrier - (bootleg resident evil. but is it but its fun :} }

King Of Fighters Dream Match '99 - (2d fighting with 3d backgrounds :} }

Resident Evil: Code Veronica (best launch title next to soul caliber}

Evolution : the world of sacred device (underrated and a explorers delight like myself}

Evolution 2 : far off promise ( like the first, has great crisp music and sound, good japanese
voice actors, japs voice acters beat stupid american actors anyday :} }

Dead or Alive 2 (I think this is better than DOA3, Ein aka Hayate is my fav character next
to ryu hayabusa.}

King of Fighters: evolution - (better music than DM and it is more or less the same of dm 99
but i like it}

Marvel VS Capcom - (Regardless of Opinion this is better than 2 , MVC2 had The worst game
soundtrack in video game history, who ever likes it for fighting should be shot, this had
the most phenomenal soundtrack in the VS series, I am expecting flames, but MVC 2 sucks}

and the last game I still play is
Sonic Adventure - ( the main reason I bought the system, this game gave me that"new game" rush
that games will never ever give me again.}

Clessy
May 10th, 2004, 00:47
Trying to play through skies again myself.

Soul Calibur because the second one sucks compared to this one

Capcom VS SNK 2

Kof Evolution

Sonic Adventure 1 cause 2 sucked

Ikaruga

Pysaria 2

Castle of Shimigami 2

I would play border down still but it sucks ass compared to the vertial shooters.

godzi11a
May 10th, 2004, 06:54
I still own my dreamcast even after purchasing an XBOX (I hate it), a PS2 & whats left of my SNES.

Soul Calibur - This game is just amazing

Metropolis Street Racer - The best driving game.. ever?

Shenmue - What can I say, the most 'Virtual' experience I have ever had... breathtaking

Ikaruga - Mind blowing shootem-up (I love Shootem-Ups!)

Ferrari 355 Challenge - Rock hard but worth the time invested

Sonic Adventure - Its Sonic, need I say more

Chu Chu Rocket - Crazy Japanese Game!

Street Fighter 3 Alpha - The best port of SF I have seen so far

There are more but I can't remember, the ones listed are my top titles and ones I will play time and again... unitl my DC crashes and fails to read discs (which it does allot).

Thanks,

Godz

quzar
May 10th, 2004, 07:41
My friends and i usually play Bust-a-bubble (what we call bust a move 4) and Super Puzzle Fighter IIX. Other than that, just the standard fighters: SC, DOA2, and random KOF games.

Kamjin
May 10th, 2004, 10:18
With Friends over, it's usually..
HOD2/Crimson OX/Conf Mission
Typing of the Dead
fur fighters.. fluff Match.. can't get enough of that!
Gauntlet
DOA
Shichi..Nana..no.. Seven Mansions (2plyr)
Tennis..
Red Dog.. (if I'm not mistaking the name)
Of course all the Fishing Games

By myself quick time killer (these are always beside the DC)
Test Drive 6
18 Wheeler
Crazy Taxi
R2R

To Burn A good several hours
Berserk
SOA/Grandia
Time Stalkers/Evolution1+2
I'll Bleed
Soul Reaver
PSO
Tako no Marine
Res Evil's/Carrier/Dino

Ian_micheal
May 10th, 2004, 13:30
Hmm sorry to say nothing. Makes you wonder! :-/

souLLy
May 10th, 2004, 22:10
jet set radio and house of the dead 2... the two best dc games. wanna try out ikaruga too :)

dr_Evil
May 11th, 2004, 01:29
The list:
nba 2k2
res.evil code veronica......over, and over, and over....
air force delta
starlancer....the best space sim/arcade, anyone for an internet deathmatch?
unreal turnament
and couple of more that I can't remember at the moment

;) ;)

curt_grymala
May 11th, 2004, 03:47
oh yeah. i forgot Sega Bass Fishing

Darksaviour69
May 12th, 2004, 16:33
REZ!

and a little puyo pop fever

lfefer
May 12th, 2004, 18:47
For this answer I must add:

I yet continue playing Sega Saturn Games a lot, so you can think whats happen to my Dreamcast Games!!! 8)

steveola
May 12th, 2004, 21:42
and couple of more that I can't remember at the moment

LOL @ dr_Evil,

if you can't remember them, you obviously aint still playing them! ::)

Maximo2703
May 13th, 2004, 07:14
Ive been playin
-Sonic Adventure
-Chu Chu Rocket
-Sword of Bezerk
-Skies of Arcadia(havent played it much though)
-Centipede
-Ikaurga(i dont normally care for shooters too much but im addicted to this one)
-Crazy Taxi
-Power Stone ( cant play it when i feel like it though considering my dc takes its fits on playin it)
-Cosmic Smash(one funky game)

Christuserloeser
May 14th, 2004, 17:05
Bomberman Online
Virtua Tennis 2
Power Stone
Cotton (a new one for me - but it cost me 50 bucks)
Ikaruga
REZ
Metal Gear Solid Bleem!cast (brought a UK PAL version, god the German Dub sucks...)
Pulstar NeoCD
Ecco the Dolphin
Quake

...and a lot of PD/Homebrew stuff ATM ;D

...and of course all the nice fighters (SF3, GGX etc)

vipor231
May 14th, 2004, 23:01
right now the best game im playing and love alot is grandia 2,i think this beats the tar out of final fantasy.

Christuserloeser
May 27th, 2004, 23:51
Two years ago, I played thru the first part for (Sega Saturn original ported to) PlayStation (released in Europe). The UK version is really brilliant - don't attempt to buy the German release with its horrible dubbed speech >:( (Don't know about the French version...)

Some say it's the best 32Bit RPG ever! They might be right 8)

I will soon buy the second one for my Dreamcast too :)

GPF
May 28th, 2004, 03:31
Tetris Online, matches against the wife. Or playing my homebrew games, emulators ect. Mainly I just code and test.

My daughter(6) is usually playing Sonic Shuffle, 101 dalmations, The Grinch ,or Looney Toons racing.

One of these days I want to buy, one of the dance pads and try out DDR games and Feet Of Fury. But they sure are expensive, or I am not looking at the right place. $15-20 bucks for a PS1 to dreamcast adaptor, and then $25-50 for a low end model and if I wanted 2 man that would be ridiculous. :) Any one have a dance pad they are not using any more ? LOL

Troy

ProjectZero
May 31st, 2004, 19:54
Soul Calibur
Dead or Alive 2
Street Fighter III: Third Strike
Power Stone
Power Stone 2

Styrofoam
May 31st, 2004, 20:32
Regularly ??

VT2
Confidential Mission
HotD2
Ikaruga
NHL2k2
Soul Calibur
Gunbird 2
Chu Chu Rocket

I try to squeeze in at least an hour of DC gameplay a day :)

Maximo2703
June 2nd, 2004, 11:12
figured i would update what ive been playin on DC lately

*Dynamite Cop
*Mr.Driller
*Propeller Arena
*Crazy Taxi
*Sonic Adventure
*Sword of Bezerk
*Centipede
*Ikaruga
*Power Stone
*Skies of Arcadia
*Chu Chu Rocket
*Cosmic Smash
*Crazy Taxi 2
*Puyo Puyo Fever (that game is addicting)
*Rez
*Ooga Booga
*Castle of Shikigami 2
*Pysvair 2
*Border Down
*Next Tetris
*Legacy of Kain:Soul Reaver

Christuserloeser
June 16th, 2004, 11:43
My brother got Soul Calibur 2 for GameCube. We've played the DC version of it too and it isn't really any worse than the newer releases for xBox/PS2/GC, beside that you can control Link and he fits perfectly :)
Some said the GC version plays better than the xBox/PS2 versions, but IMO the DC version plays even better than the GC version... *8)

So we've played the DC version a lot ;D

Chris

fackue
June 16th, 2004, 11:52
World Series Baseball 2K2
I still need to finish off SoF, I'm still stuck in the Iraq stage.

curt_grymala
June 16th, 2004, 14:04
One of these days I want to buy, one of the dance pads and try out DDR games and Feet Of Fury. But they sure are expensive, or I am not looking at the right place. $15-20 bucks for a PS1 to dreamcast adaptor, and then $25-50 for a low end model and if I wanted 2 man that would be ridiculous. :) Any one have a dance pad they are not using any more ? LOL

@Troy - If you go to Lik-Sang, they have dance pads that are already set up for use on the DC, and those are only about $15 or $20. Check it out HERE (http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=239&products_id=492&) <--- That's a link.

I was doing some research on that myself, because I would like to get FoF and a few dance mats. I just need to wait until I have the money (and now I have to order Inhabitants, too, so I'm looking at about $80 by the time I order all of that).

guymelef
June 16th, 2004, 15:39
grandia2 was pretty good. I also have noticed that it's hard to find cheap and good voice acting regardless of the language. I can also picture some jap-english voice director saying "with more feering"

besides that powerstone1/2
looney tunes space race
typing of the dead(from my posts i bet you couldn't tell)
street fighter 3
marvel vs capcom 2 (ps there is way to change the music)
evil dead (groovy)
zero gunner2

LyonHrt
June 16th, 2004, 22:47
I guess the really games i continue to play on the dreamcast is street fighter 3 third strike, and double impact.

Cornholio
June 28th, 2004, 09:24
I still play my DC whenever I feel like going back. At the moment, I'm playing Shenmue. I always go back to my old systems and play games once I'm done with any new games I've gotten.

ace
July 7th, 2004, 17:06
on rare occasions I still play Tokyo Extreme Racer 2

bobafett
July 10th, 2004, 12:44
tony hawks 2 is always a pick up and play any time fav of mine, trying to get all tricks with all characters, and all gaps etc, matt hoffman same as above .
zero gunner 2
king of fighters
sports jam
shenmue 1 and 2 ( just to collect capsule toys )
but then i will not play these for months and play different games, such as
cosmic smash
rez
vampire chronicles
i think it just depends on wether im in mood for 2d or 3d style games

arena128
July 10th, 2004, 13:15
me i play now the : evil twin
surf rocket racer
border down
sega marine fishing with fishing rod(very funny :))
puyo puyo fever
grandia 2
demolition racer

and shenmue 3 the future ;)!!!!!

halbak
July 14th, 2004, 04:18
I play Sonic adventure 2 and i have completed it 6 times on all the story lines, Hero, Dark and Last

meiscool
July 14th, 2004, 04:25
chu chu rocket

and virtua tennis

davidjr1989
July 27th, 2004, 00:25
Shenmue
nfl 2k1
nba 2k2
tennis 2k2
sonic adventure and......
4x4 evolution

Eric
July 27th, 2004, 07:04
Well i am morely now playing with the emulation,ports and if there is a new release in homebrews. I cant really tell you what i play cause i am always testing out games but the last one i played cause it was and now is even better on the dc is Digger.

Eric

pang1978
July 27th, 2004, 07:18
still playing..

shenmue 1 & 2 (again and trying to find all the secrets)
metropolis street racer
soulcalibur
virtua tennis 2
tomb raider 4 the last revelation
slave zero
phantasy star (offline) :(
jet set radio (great game!)
..... others

all the games are great but shenmue (2) is still my favourite (what a wonderfull game!!)

8)

Eric
July 27th, 2004, 07:52
Actually i forgot just looking at the last guys post i am playing, PSO v.2 north american version (Online).

That was just to also let the guy know that it is online.

SmashinGit
July 27th, 2004, 09:50
Wots bomberman like online, anygood? Have been playing Rez lately, not very good at it, love ikaruga, brilliant, not very good at that either :( hehe

Do love playing Daytona, once you get use to the over sensitive control, its great!

Eric
July 29th, 2004, 07:35
Well i have no clue what its like online as we will never know except for the people who used to before the servers closed down so just wait for someone who has played it online back in 2001-2003.

krowstrife
July 29th, 2004, 08:30
I play a lot of games

Power Stone 2 (with my friends)
Marvel vs capcom(i suck)
KOf evo(snk forever)
Guilty Gear X
Halflife(best shooter ever)
shemue 1
sonic adventure 1+2
sonic suffle (better than any mario party)
sega marine fishing
soul calibur
jet grind radio
thony hawk 2
nfl 2k1
sega gt
crazy taxi 1+2
toy commander

swordstalker
July 31st, 2004, 04:46
i still play virtua tennis a lot

Donny_K.
August 1st, 2004, 14:52
Propeller Arena, Phantasy Star Online, Border Down, Ooga Booga and Feet Of fury.

Eric
August 1st, 2004, 15:44
DemoniusX:
Marvel VS Capcom - (Regardless of Opinion this is better than 2 , MVC2 had The worst game
soundtrack in video game history, who ever likes it for fighting should be shot, this had
the most phenomenal soundtrack in the VS series, I am expecting flames, but MVC 2 sucks}

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 rocks:Graphics and game play but your right music sucks.

Eric

bobafett
August 8th, 2004, 16:35
zero gunner 2 is always a pick up and play anytime type of game, and my son loves playing sonic adventure 2 ( he is 5yr old ) problem with dc is that there was so many killer apps, i bet ppl would have to think long and hard about their top ten games, maybe i should start a new topic, dc top ten of all time, be interesting to see what ppl think

Christuserloeser
August 10th, 2004, 13:23
I started playing EGG - Elemental Gimmick Gear by Hudson Soft this weekend. I brought it a while back as US version and I am not sure if a PAL version even exists.

It's a nice Anime / 2D Action-RPG with 3D realtime fighting engine and a brilliant soundtrack!

If you've not tried this one, you really should.

Chris

Kamjin
August 10th, 2004, 20:03
EGG is another one of those totally ignored games, the graphics are absolutely fantastic, music is good, found it a bit hard in some places... Just got the urge to play it again!

rolyataylor2
August 22nd, 2004, 13:26
I like Armada ;D myself, no one mentioned it

i also play powerstone2 with my freinds
and Samba De Amigo with my freinds

i dont play to many other games, besides some emu's for dreamcast

HI-Saturn
November 24th, 2004, 03:27
Man I still Play:

Yu Zuki Game Works
Capcom vs Snk 1 & 2
King of Fighters Evolution, 2000, 2001, 2002
Star Wars Jedi Power Battles
Star Wars Pod Racer
Zero Gunner 2
Sega Smash pack

elefas
November 24th, 2004, 05:56
Virtua Striker 2
Virtua Tennis 2
Powerstone 2
Soul Calibur

Darksaviour69
November 24th, 2004, 06:16
star lancer

Grimgravy014
February 6th, 2005, 19:34
I still play Unreal Tournament, awsome game
Quake 3 Arena,again awsome game
Shenmue,amazing
D2, not amazing but fun
there are many more but i cant think of them

Grimgravy014
February 6th, 2005, 19:35
oh yeah soul calibur ,AMAZING
Dead or Alive 2

Darksaviour69
February 7th, 2005, 12:42
mostly REZ again, love that game other than that homebrew stuff

DARKGATE
February 7th, 2005, 16:58
;D i play at all emu, shenmue, gundam (developed from bandai e capcom) i don't remember the title, but is very beauty, marvel vs capcom 2, virtua tennis 2, berserk. :( i love many games of dreamcast is really a dream console.
:'( I tinked wich get out SNK VS CAPCOM CHAOS, matrimelee, but the PLAYMORE IS PLAYMORE >:( i have tell all (the games 2d are dead :'( )

RockGod
February 7th, 2005, 17:14
well where do I start? I play practically all my games which is extensive but I'll start here: soul calibur, headhunter (a freaking awesome game, Verrry Underrated game), RE:code veronica, RE:2, RE:3, REZ, All the shooters(chaos field, and all before it) all of the sega sports 2k series, daytona usa, tokyo xtreme racer 2, you know what? all the racers. legacy of kain: soul reaver. DOA2 and DOA2:LE, half-life, ecco, god this could take awhile but I'll sum it up like this all this and the homebrews and emu's I LOVE MY DREAMCAST! I have four of them and getting two more. one for portablesystems.net to have a DC handheld. hell I still get into arguments with friends and family about the machine.

RockGod
February 7th, 2005, 17:15
oh and I forgot to mention Shenmue I & II.

guyTHP
March 27th, 2005, 23:35
A dreamcast is the only console I own (apart form an atari jaguar :) ) so I still play most of the games I have.. ikaruga is a fave, along with rez (obv), crazy taxi II, NESter (and super mario!), unreal and, as I recently found a light gun in my local second-hand shop (that's is also currently running a 'buy one, get one free' on DC games, which means I can get TWO games for £3! (which really shouldn't be allowed) ), house of the dead II (and vitrtua cop II from the sega smash pack).. and ecco (I just like swimming around!), sonic adventure (the action levels), SMS plus!, DCaSTaway, shenmue (including super hang on and space harrier), legacy of kain (a recent purchase, but one I owned on my pc a few yeasr ago) plus a lot of the other titles I own (apart from dragons blood, which is pants)

The DC is a truly great machine :D

lukej101
April 3rd, 2005, 22:20
a

Christuserloeser
April 8th, 2005, 02:48
I just tried Sword of the Berzerk (again) and I must say that I am impressed by it's cool story, character designs, cinematic cutscenes and classical music. Haven't played too far yet, but for an early DC game it's a damn cool game :) Also I think that your average random brandnew PS2 game looks much worse than this beauty from '99.

Hm, I lost my Ecco The Dolphin save recently but I think I'll give it another try soon...

mh777
April 8th, 2005, 18:18
Fire Pro D, or as like to I call it, Quite Possibly The Best Wrestling Game Ever. :) That's the only game that's been in my DC consistently for the past few months.

Devlin
April 12th, 2005, 20:45
Recently i've been playing Marvel Vs Capcom and Sega GT.

Anything else i play is either emulators or homebrew games.

AirRaven
April 12th, 2005, 21:02
Skies of Arcadia is about the only one.

Ikaruga gets a play once in a while...

GPF
April 12th, 2005, 21:27
Tetris Online, matches against the wife. Or playing my homebrew games, emulators ect. Mainly I just code and test.

My daughter(6) is usually playing Sonic Shuffle, 101 dalmations, The Grinch ,or Looney Toons racing.

Troy

Well now that I have 2 dreamcast dance pads, pretty much I only play ddr 2 and ddr club mix and feet of fury. And now that I got a BBA I play Quake 3 online.

Troy

Gameholic
May 20th, 2005, 15:27
Hi there guys .. This is my first post but i'm not a Dreamcast newbie. I own three Dreamcasts ; Jap/ntsc, Us/ntsc and ofcourse a PAL system! I still love me Dreamcast (think its still one of the best systems ever produced!!) and i still play ALOT.

These are the games i'm playing right now:

* Seaman -> rare game. I really like the original gameplay. Heck, this isn't really a game is it? ;) lol

* Soul Calibur -> still play this game ALOT. Even my friends don't want to play against me because im invincible (for them though)

* House of the Dead 2 (together with friends with two lightguns ofcourse!!)

* Sonic Adventure 2 (i finished all the stories last week. great game but i like Sonic Adventure 1 more)

* Ecco the Dolphin -> i've never finished this one but i want to finish it, so i'll be starting soon.

* Ikaruga -> man this game is hard. I like the oldschool gameplay and the graphics. Top notch!

beetroot bertie
May 21st, 2005, 22:53
DC is still my one and only console so I'm still using it quite a bit. I'm currently playing Trizeal and Quake 3 but always dip back into Soul Calibur or Street Fighter Alpha 3. Border Down and Fur Fighters are also on the go at the moment.

Gameholic
May 22nd, 2005, 12:57
Jup.. For me Dreamcast is still one of the best consoles ever made. It comes on the 2nd spot after the NES in my opinion!

I still have to obtain a good copy of Street Fighter Alpha 3, as i only have Double Impact.

Cheers guys