PDA

View Full Version : 9-year-old dreams of PSP he doesn't have

wraggster
January 12th, 2006, 23:36
Source Joystiq (http://joystiq.com/2006/01/12/9-year-old-dreams-of-psp-he-doesnt-have/)

Mister Jalopy at Hoopty Rides writes about his friend Jose Luis Junior, a 9-year-old who dreams of having a PSP. He's taken to drawing life-size models of Sony's svelte black handheld, studied the specs, the games, the minutiae. Jalopy recalls his desire for an Atari 2600, as I recalled mine for a Sega Genesis.

Winter of '89: my only desire, for years following its announcement until its release, was the Genesis; day and night, Genesis; specs memorized; launch games categorized. It was intoxicating. Of course I didn't get it on Christmas and when I did, the reality of the unit never lived up to my expectations. Since that launch I've learned to temper my hopes (don't let me down Revolution!).

Oh yeah, there's a happy ending. They raised enough money to buy the PSP. Hopefully he'll enjoy it as much as he did making those drawings.

http://hooptyrides.blogspot.com/2006/01/hooptyrides-corporate-art-collection.html

ddblue
January 13th, 2006, 04:43
Me next!

slayer2psp
January 13th, 2006, 15:48
lame how is this news. i dream of a hot latin woman with nice breast. im little timmy can i have some money for a psp i just dream of it all the time suckers who ever gave money for this should have there head checked. a 9 year old doesnt need a psp

Lassie
January 13th, 2006, 18:47
Now this is dumb.

benny blanco
January 14th, 2006, 02:27
damn all of you. I felt bad reading that, it made me want to buy him one, but he got his so no worries...

PSP 1.0
1 gb
1300 games between nintendo, super nes, genesis, and gb/gbc
Eat that you memory stick swapping 1.5 havin losers, you cant play nes losers...

Cross
January 14th, 2006, 15:55
Whats wrong with helping others out? Thats supposed to be what we are about here not self centered judgement on oh he is 9 he should not have one.

For those of us that remember all the old systems and waiting to get them I also remember NES and waiting for it and Zelda. LOL Damn that was a long time ago...

Anyway I to would have pitched in a few dollars. Its just a few dollars but when many people do it they can help someone out and being out 5.00 is not going to break me. If it breaks you go get a better job and stop flipping burgers.

RedKing14CA
January 15th, 2006, 04:11
lame how is this news. i dream of a hot latin woman with nice breast. im little timmy can i have some money for a psp i just dream of it all the time suckers who ever gave money for this should have there head checked. a 9 year old doesnt need a psp

your a jerk! giving a nine year old kid a psp is AWSOME...

You shouldn't be dreaming of latin women with big breasts, you should go find a good girl to marry... retard... get off your ass and work for what you want, quit sitting around being a jerk complaining about how lame it is to give a little kid what he really wants instead of giving you what you lust for!

seabass
January 15th, 2006, 13:35
i agree wiht RedKing14CA get off ur ass

asterothjames
January 15th, 2006, 20:00
i remember when i was younger and waitin an waitin till i had enough money to buy pokemon blue lol i didnt stop playin it 4 hours when i got it

birdcat
January 15th, 2006, 21:39
your a jerk! giving a nine year old kid a psp is AWSOME...

You shouldn't be dreaming of latin women with big breasts, you should go find a good girl to marry... retard... get off your ass and work for what you want, quit sitting around being a jerk complaining about how lame it is to give a little kid what he really wants instead of giving you what you lust for!

You're an idiot. You really are. I mean, where do you get off telling someone their retarded for fantasizing about chicks?

I don't really see how this is news either. Lets see, little kid becomes obsessive over something he doesn't need. Someone feels sorry for him and collects money for him. Wow, this is great, this means........wait, oh yeah thats right. This doesn't change any aspect of what works on or with the PSP. GREAT piece of news, I'm SO excited now.

You know I dream of crap I want all the time. But I know when to realize that its beyond my means of living, or that I'll have to just wait for it.