PDA

View Full Version : Image Importing Coming to LittleBigPlanet by Christmas

Shrygue
November 3rd, 2008, 21:07
via 1Up (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171082)

LittleBigPlanet will be getting another tool to make its user-created stages even more customizable, reports PS3 Attitude. Alex Evans, co-founder of Media Molecule, commented at GameCity in Nottingham recently that an image importing tool was pulled from the game due to time constraints, but it will be patched into the game by Christmas.

Crafty players have found ways around the lack of an image importer by using the PlayStation Eye, but true image importing should help players use higher-res pictures in their created stages. PS3 Fanboy speculates it will involve memory and USB sticks, along with a possible size limitation to keep stages from getting too large with photographs. We'll be waiting for word on when exactly this patch will come, along with the promised online creation patch announced before the launch of the game. If you haven't picked up the game yet, check out our positive review, in which a chin-stroking Nick Suttner refers to its "infectious joy, infectious creativity, and an infectiously excited community."

Accordion
November 3rd, 2008, 22:58
i have been using the in game material to draw my textures and then taking in game photos to make stickers. Higher quality and in keeping with the games style.

rmedtx
November 4th, 2008, 14:33
That's great news. I have been trying my best to get decent images using the Playstation eye. But the images are just too blurry; They don't match the rest of the game's graphics.