PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Channel Beta 10 - Ask Now for New Features

wraggster
November 4th, 2008, 20:22
News from Marcan/Hackmii: (http://hackmii.com/2008/11/hbc-beta10-aka-your-last-chance/)

As you all know, we’re getting busy with several other projects, and HBC isn’t a priority. However, the beta9 release had a few rough edges, and some things that should have been fixed weren’t.

So we’re giving you the chance to voice your pet peeves about HBC now, and we’ll release a new version soon. Consider this version “final” at least for the time being. HBC is basically feature-complete, so we won’t be adding any new major features, but we want to get rid of some remaining bugs and annoyances. Once this new version is out, you’re going to be stuck with it for a while.

Things that we’ve already fixed/added for beta10:

meta.xml now handles non-ASCII characters properly (you can use iso-8859-1 or utf-8 encoding, but utf-8 is restricted to the iso-8859-1 subset)
Wiimote shutdown support (in libogc git now - we should have added this earlier)
Wiimote rumble now honors the rumble setting
A crash bug or two (hard to hit)
Post a comment if you want something fixed. We reserve the right to fix whatever we want and ignore the rest, but at least we promise we’ll listen. Please read the comments before asking for something; we don’t want 20 people mentioning the same thing.

Guys, NO BIG NEW FEATURES. Don’t even think about integrating other apps, or adding disc loading, or anything like that. We’re talking about small fixes like honoring some setting or adding some minor controller support. Classic controller support is plausible. Fixing some graphical problem is doable. Integrating FTPii isn’t. Sound isn’t. I’m deleting totally implausible posts to keep things sane.

Edit 2: to the people who requested features which are obviously already in beta9 or even beta8: shame, shame, shame.

Speak Up Now Or Forever Hold Your Peace.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 4th, 2008, 20:53
support for background wallpapers would be awesome...Different layout styles for brew ie large icons thumbnails sort by size etc...

Joe_263
November 4th, 2008, 23:22
Being able to navigate in the HBC with a classic controller would already be a neat addition. Also, I'd like to be able to choose the order of my apps instead of the alphabetical order.

VampDude
November 5th, 2008, 03:38
Being able to navigate in the HBC with a classic controller would already be a neat addition. Also, I'd like to be able to choose the order of my apps instead of the alphabetical order.

You can arrange the channels by placing numbers on the actual files in the SD, so not really an essential.

- - -

Something I would like, is a customizable clock display. I spend so much time playing in the Homebrew Channel, and I fail to look elsewhere but the screen.

XXXW0
November 5th, 2008, 07:12
Hey I'm having trouble holding my peace, wait no I just can't wait till HBC beta 10 comes out WHOOOOHOOOOO go team twiizers!!!!!

mdlmemorybank
November 5th, 2008, 10:57
I would like to see a ways to organize the apps you are using such as having the (A)&(B)buttons held together allowing you to moving them around similar to how the wii channels work.

dudeofcube
November 5th, 2008, 14:49
Background images would be a great addition. I would also like to be able to navigate with the classic controller. Aslo, some way to reorder the homebrew entries without having to use numbered folders would be sweet.

____anders____
November 5th, 2008, 16:37
i think you should go to hackmii and write instead of here :p

background images would be awesome :)

kirbycope
November 6th, 2008, 20:18
I still have a middle finger for a cursor. I would like to change that since the kiddies are getting older and asking questions.