PDA

View Full Version : Gaydar v1.5

wraggster
November 4th, 2008, 23:11
News/release from locofocos (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=145674)

Hey, I had registered with this site in January of 2007, but only made one post. Anyways, I'm back now.

I've been playing around with coding on the PSP and finally got some stuff to work, so I decided to make my first real piece of homebrew, called Gaydar (gay plus radar). It runs on 1.50, 1.00, and custom firmwares. It's a joke that tells you to point the infrared port at a person, press O, and a light will start blinking telling you whether they're gay or straight (it's about a 50/50 chance either way, regardless of what the infrared port is picking up )

I've included the C++ source code if anybody would like to use part of it. Even if you don't really think you would want it, download it anyways- it's funny to see if someone will show up as gay or straight. I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/locofocos/gaydar.png

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Buddy4point0
November 5th, 2008, 00:45
Hahahahah!
That's great.

Mr Corky
November 5th, 2008, 01:15
So is the IR Port actully being used or...

Mista Grimm
November 5th, 2008, 02:21
hope it doesnt say gay on wrong person, or else its bye bye to my psp...

sonofsamus
November 5th, 2008, 02:34
How does it register bisexuals? Will both lights show? Is this a feature we can expect from the next version?

crazyhare
November 5th, 2008, 12:34
Haha.

I'm astonished that some P.C. freak hasn't complained about this yet however...

kaffie
November 5th, 2008, 13:32
No, whats astonishing is that this piece of little piece of homophobia managed to make the front page.

Should be ashamed of yourself.

Seven7
November 5th, 2008, 15:29
No, whats astonishing is that this piece of little piece of homophobia managed to make the front page.

Well, theres the PC you where waiting for...

On another note, this appears to be based off a joke more than any actuall homophobia....most famously used in Futurama, a scene with Bender if not mistaken...

jefdizon
November 5th, 2008, 16:19
This is a port from the Palm PDA, there's actually a trick to it, dunno if it works for the PSP, but when scanning, press the up button to always get a "gay" result. :rofl:

carlitx
November 5th, 2008, 16:20
haha I bet he got the idea from "The Office" I love that show so I am gonna download lol.

cornervizion
November 5th, 2008, 16:35
Oh come on.. It's just a bit of fun. After all isn't "Gaydar" a highly-acclaimed radio station and website?

devdj
November 5th, 2008, 16:44
i just scanned me dog the next thing ya know he humpin me leg the little langer lol

crazyhare
November 5th, 2008, 17:40

No sooner did I speak.

Maybe someone should code a killjoy detector for the psp...

Amiga
November 6th, 2008, 17:53
MAD but funny!! :)

PLZKLLME0080
November 7th, 2008, 02:00
lol I saw this on the front page of PSP, and it looks like something I could use ;), so I'm gonna have to try this out!