PDA

View Full Version : RemoteJoyLite v0.18 Released: a TV out like experience over USB

wraggster
November 5th, 2008, 01:28
news via psphacks (http://www.psp-hacks.com/2008/11/04/remotejoylite-v018-released-tv-out-over-usb/)

http://www.youtube.com/v/9_46B6Da1jw

Akind’s RemoteJoyLite is now at version 0.18. Once equipped your PSP will capture and deliver video frames straight to your computer monitor — all over a USB connection.

And while your hand-held remains connected to the PC, you may as well give PSPdisp a shot too. It’s a similar plug-in which extends your Windows desktop to the PSP screen. Use your PSP as an additional monitor to display whatever desired.

RemoteJoyLite v0.18 [translated] changes:

Screensaver suppression system changed a bit.
Add images of asynchronous transfer mode.
Select USB connection in the XMB works a little better.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

indstr
November 5th, 2008, 02:56
But has it ever really been fast enough to play games?

Buddy4point0
November 5th, 2008, 03:23
But has it ever really been fast enough to play games?

Yea, it doesn't slow anything down.
Every game I've tried works great.

sedkiller
November 5th, 2008, 03:31
Downloading right away !

djemotion
November 5th, 2008, 15:10
sweet !

hack.fool
November 5th, 2008, 17:07
great :D
many thanks
this application is unique

indstr
November 5th, 2008, 17:18
Yea, it doesn't slow anything down.
Every game I've tried works great.

I think the only time I ever tried something like this was right when it came out, but it was slow at the time. Is it reliant on system specs at all? What are your specs?
I have an intel core 2 duo e4300 overclocked to 2.4, 1gb ram, geforce 7800 gs agp

GibsonSGKing
November 5th, 2008, 22:38
I think the only time I ever tried something like this was right when it came out, but it was slow at the time. Is it reliant on system specs at all? What are your specs?
I have an intel core 2 duo e4300 overclocked to 2.4, 1gb ram, geforce 7800 gs agp

u should be fine, it runs great on my system, and i have an intel pentium dual core at 1.47 ghz, 2 gb ram, and an integrated intel video card. but you really shouldnt overclock ur processor ;) leads to drastically shortened cpu life and system instability :p

NOCHUCK
November 6th, 2008, 04:24
I've never had a problem with RJ. Great program!

dadacloudx
November 6th, 2008, 13:26
hi does it work on the 5.00 m33-3? & how do i install into my psp? does there a step by step guide?

R4mbo
November 6th, 2008, 13:55
I also want to use it on my 5.00 m33-3.. I tried to put the .prx on root, and into the seplugins directory, but it didnt show up in Recovery menu.... Please help someone :)

indstr
November 6th, 2008, 18:19
The prx needs to be in the seplugins directory, and also in the vsh.txt, game.txt (and game150.txt and pops.txt if you want them. ). Then you need to enable it from recovery. Once you've done that and boot back up, plug in your USB cable and the PC will recognize the PSP as "psp device type b". You will need to install the drivers for that which are here:

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=20983

Then you just run the remotejoylite_en.exe and if it works, it should automatically display the PSP's image.

I tried it last night and it's a bit slow for homebrew (which is disappointing to me), but it runs fullspeed for actual PSP games. The biggest problem though is that the keyboard input is laggy... Which pretty much destroys the whole purpose for me. But hey, maybe one day this will get better.

Is keyboard input laggy for anyone else? I need to try more games with it

wolfpack
November 6th, 2008, 19:55
*wonders if this will work on my 3.71 m33* ???

Buddy4point0
November 6th, 2008, 20:13
hi does it work on the 5.00 m33-3? & how do i install into my psp? does there a step by step guide?
Yes.
Put the .PRX file in your SEPLUGINS folder on your PSP.
Add the file to your vsh.txt and game.txt files.
Then enable it in the recovery menu and run the pc part from your computer. :D

If it doesn't work you probably need PSP type B drivers, google them.

guitarguy93
November 6th, 2008, 22:27
I dropped the .prx in the seplugins folder, and added ms0:/RemoteJoyLite.prx 0 to the VSH, GAME, GAME150, and POPS .TXT files. I installed the PSP type B driver. When I try to start Remotejoy.exe, however, it get an error that reads, "Direct 3D Error2 (0x8876086A)...any help?

indstr
November 7th, 2008, 02:48
I dropped the .prx in the seplugins folder, and added ms0:/RemoteJoyLite.prx 0 to the VSH, GAME, GAME150, and POPS .TXT files. I installed the PSP type B driver. When I try to start Remotejoy.exe, however, it get an error that reads, "Direct 3D Error2 (0x8876086A)...any help?

Sounds like you probably need to install directx on your computer. You have done that, right?

Also the line in your vsh & game .txt's needs to point to ms0:/seplugins/RemoteJoyLite.prx , NOT the root.

Good luck

dadacloudx
November 7th, 2008, 03:59
Yes.

thank!! it works!!:)

but for this appt. can it also out put the sound to the pc? cos i only c the video on my monitor but wif out the sound.

indstr
November 7th, 2008, 16:36
thank!! it works!!:)

but for this appt. can it also out put the sound to the pc? cos i only c the video on my monitor but wif out the sound.

No. It only does the video. You will have to either listen to your PSP's speakers, or 1) connect a line cable from your PSP to your soundcard's input, 2) connect your PSP directly to your computer speakers

dadacloudx
November 7th, 2008, 17:37
No. It only does the video. You will have to either listen to your PSP's speakers, or 1) connect a line cable from your PSP to your soundcard's input, 2) connect your PSP directly to your computer speakers

OOic.. thank alot..:thumbup:

hacker94
November 8th, 2008, 00:26
Ive got 0.17 lite version never had acomplaint but the pspdisp doesnt work on vista (remote joy does though) yay) though aint that a pain

guitarguy93
November 9th, 2008, 01:38
I just reinstalled directx, and the seplugins address was a typo: It's correct on my memory card. I'm still getting the same error...

indstr
November 10th, 2008, 20:23
I just reinstalled directx, and the seplugins address was a typo: It's correct on my memory card. I'm still getting the same error...

No idea buddy, I typed "Direct 3D Error2 (0x8876086A)" into google and some hits came up, so it's apparently not an uncommon problem. But I'm not gonna do your research for you... google & go do some reading :)

Noodle
December 9th, 2008, 00:07
Yes.

Where are the vsh and game txt files? can't seem to find them?

Also, what do you mean by 'add the file'?

mantro
December 17th, 2008, 01:53
.... This seems odd... Why do i have a 'prx version error'?

foleyfactor
May 7th, 2009, 20:17
Me too "prx version error"???????