PDA

View Full Version : A Special Thank You...

wraggster
January 13th, 2006, 21:30
ahem we take this time to thank........

No no i have to stop :D

Anyway while we wait for judges to decide who is the winner of OUR PSP News and Lik Sang Coding Competition, i thought about things that make you laugh and in our buisness its newsposts, do you know of any that are so funny (even though they may not mean to be) that they have had you rolling on the floor, either by being wrongly posted news or a severe case of sucking up or infact anything along those lines.

This will be an interesting thread, answer via the comments :)

wraggster
January 13th, 2006, 21:34
Ok well my friends over at PSPU do seem to blow the our site is best trumpet and even though Fanjita does deserve masses of praise for his excellent work i do think that JAKE went a little over board on the brown nosing :P

...we interrupt our normal news feed to bring you an important message. It is time that we here at ********** take a moment to thank someone who has contributed more to this site and the PSP Community than anyone else could be expected to do. If it weren't for this astonishing individual, a lot of things would be different around this place...

For one, there wouldn't be the 2.0 Firmware EBOOT Loader which at this very moment is capable of playing 81% of all homebrew programs. Eighty. One. Percent. On a firmware dubbed "unhackable" and not suitable for homebrew programs. And the list of compatible homebrew programs keeps growing with each release.

For most people, releasing an amazing program that is the soul behind spreading the joys of homebrew would be enough... but not for this guy. He is constantly providing help and answering questions about his programs on a daily basis in our very own forums. Post after post he is there with a quick answer. Sony could only dream of this kind of "customer support". On top of that, ********** is incredibly lucky and grateful that he agreed to be a forum moderator.

Surprisingly enough, this pillar of the community still finds time to push the boundaries of what the PSP is capable of. Just this week he has brought the first homebrew game to not only 2.50 Firmware, but 2.60 Firmware as well. Thanks to him, it is now possible to play homebrew on each and every PSP in the world. But still he pushes on and is even now working on his next EBOOT Loader for 2.50 and 2.60 Firmwares. I have no doubt that he can achieve his goals no matter what they are.

True, the PSP Community already sees him as a hero. But this post is not about convincing the public to praise our knight in shining armor. In fact, he really doesn't care for the attention. It's not very often that someone who makes such an impact on a community has so little ego, so little desire for the limelight. There is no drama on his stage. No, this post is our way of saying thank you to someone who has made this site a better place.

So here's to you Fanjita - THANK YOU for all you have done for us and continue to do every day! And since I know you're uncomfortable with having a fan following (even though it is well deserved) I have turned off the comments for this post. So I ask all of you, instead of singing Fanjita's praise in the comments, please visit his site and show your support by clicking some ads or making a donation.

Nice newspost and i repeat Fanjita is a great guy but its a tad overboard, it made me cringe for sure :p

wraggster
January 13th, 2006, 21:35
post away and be sure to post my cockups :P

ButtMonkey
January 13th, 2006, 23:11
I've still not stopped chuckling at this one: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10871

:D

EvilWithin
January 13th, 2006, 23:59
Now c'mon Wragg, you know that NO ONE sucks up to devs like you do. I can't count how times you've gone overboard with the ass-kissing posts I've seen you make. Which is fine. But this is a little bit of the pot calling the kettle black, don't ya think? Besides, Fanjita does alot for PSP Updates (a lot you and the general public don't even know about) and he deserves the thanks. Overboard? Yes. Intentionally so. I thought you Brits were supposed to be good with subtle humor. :)

And you always have to complain about SOMETHING, don'tcha? One day we're homebrew profiteering, uncaring, faceless corporate bastards and the next we're over-emotional and too sappy when it comes to our appreciation of homebrew devs. Make up your mind already. ;)

(And out of curiosity, when are you going to stop posting "news" about our newsposts? I mean, was this really front-page material? LOL!)

--Jake

MGFox
January 14th, 2006, 00:47
And out of curiosity, when are you going to stop posting "news" about our newsposts? I mean, was this really front-page material? LOL!

When is he even going to start? This is not on the frontpage, therefore not frontpage material or news...it is a comment within a newspost, unless you click on the comments link you'd never even see it!

One day we're homebrew profiteering, uncaring, faceless corporate bastards

One day?!? Try every day, I'm afraid to even go near PSPU for the overpowering fear of pop-ups and adverts...I even think I got some spyware from there, but I have no proof of that!

the next we're over-emotional and too sappy when it comes to our appreciation of homebrew devs.

Nope...can't say I ever thought that! Unless you are going to extend this treatment to all developers, I mean, what about the people who actually discovered the exploits that Fanjita is using? Are they going to get an entire newpost dedicated to their praise, I think not!...This demonstrates unneccessary favoritism will only aid in making other developers feel unappreciated.

To me, this looks like nothing more than an attempt to give an impression that you care about developers more than any other site!

And you always have to complain about SOMETHING, don'tcha?

Yep, thats what makes us british! :p

Cheers,
Fox

wraggster
January 14th, 2006, 01:08
lol its the funniest newspost ever, talk about sucking up,

btw thanks for posting and ban evading you will be gone now

wraggster
January 14th, 2006, 01:15
Fanjita gave you guys the opportunity to stop the differences between your "site" and this network but Clay linked to the Dreamcast site instead of the PSP page obviously because you are scared stiff of the competition.

Shooting yourselves in the foot is what u do best :)