PDA

View Full Version : Body Discovered, Feared to Be That of Missing Teen Gamer

wraggster
November 5th, 2008, 20:34
A body believed to be of missing teen gamer Brandon Crisp was discovered this morning in the Barrie area, police say.

"At this point we believe it to be Brandon, and we're still obviously in the early stages of our investigation," Sgt. Dave Goodbrand told CTV. "It's not confirmed because nothing's confirmed until we have pathology, but we believe it to be Brandon."

Crisp's parents say he ran away from Barrie home in Canada on Oct. 14 after they took away his Xbox 360. He had been playing Call of Duty 4 and his grades were slipping, his parents told ABC.

After being told he would lose his gaming privileges the 15-year-old told his father that he was running away. He was last seen biking on a trail about 5:45 p.m. The reward for information about the missing boy had reached $41,776.

According to the brief television report the body of the missing boy was found on Fifth Line in the Barrie area.A blue-checkered jacket, tent, crackers and full bag of chips were found on the trail on Oct. 24. No other details were given and police have yet to confirm the information.

Our hearts go out to Crisp's parents.

http://kotaku.com/5077313/body-discovered-feared-to-be-that-of-missing-teen-gamer

lipnox88
November 5th, 2008, 21:10
Im actually from barrie so its scary stuff, hopefully it doesn't put a negative focus on video games.

Brainy142
November 5th, 2008, 21:26
Dam that sucks.

that1guywiththeface
November 6th, 2008, 01:16
Its a shame to see people react in a way like this, and to then lose their lives. My deepest sympathy and condolences for the family of the boy, but I do hope that they do not choose to lash out at video games. While I certainly am not pointing blame, I do think that the video games being removed may have been the last nail in the coffin on an already existing issue that the boy had, rather than the entire problem. Whether or not the problem was already noticed is not for me to judge. Again, my deepest sympathy. :(

R4mbo
November 6th, 2008, 13:46
Strange... It's sad, but I just wonder if the xbox was the only reason he did run away, parents nearly never blame themselves for stuff they did wrong.