PDA

View Full Version : Swedish Thieves Threaten Christmas DS Shipments

wraggster
November 5th, 2008, 20:38
Thieves have stolen two trucks from the docks in the Swedish city of Gothenburg. Inside the trucks were "thousands" of red, black and white DS Lite handhelds, valued at "millions" of Sweden's awesomely-named Kronor. For a country which is already suffering from a shortage of DS units, this is bad news, as the theft will leave many retailers without any DS to sell this Christmas. Police suspect it was an inside job, we'd like to think it was a crack Sony-funded team of truck-driving ninja thieves.

http://kotaku.com/5076716/swedish-thieves-threaten-christmas-ds-shipments

Epic Pie
November 5th, 2008, 23:34
ROFL, ****ing Sony and their crazy swedish ninja's. lolz

Grey Acumen
November 6th, 2008, 00:11
ROFL, ****ing Sony and their crazy swedish ninja's. lolz

Thank you so much, I now have a mental image stuck in my head of the Muppet's Swedish Chef in Ninja garb playing Cooking Mama on the DS...

And winning.

Epic Pie
November 6th, 2008, 01:43
^ lol

Dragonic
November 6th, 2008, 06:49
*Sigh*... Those who did this ruins the Swedish Christmas for a lot of people... I'm really suprised over these news, because I didn't know earlier about this, and I'm from Sweden. Well, shame upon those who did this!

trugamer
November 6th, 2008, 16:25
They'll sell them cheap on the black market though- you never know it could make someone's Christmas.

But yeah the likelihood is less around and that will suck.

mr game porter
November 6th, 2008, 19:26
what are you talking about? :o

"For a country which is already suffering from a shortage of DS units", There are ds:s in stock Everywhere.

and i am pretty sure that i know where these trucks ended up, there's a little market outside of Göteborg, called "Kviberg", last time i was there, i saw loads of games with a plastic cover that said "GAME" (GAME is a game retail, like EBgames). Almost everything they sell there is stolen.

Epic Pie
November 6th, 2008, 23:22
I can't wait till Ashens on YouTube finds a fake DSi unit on ebay and reviews it. lol