PDA

View Full Version : Daedalusx64 - 05/11/08 News - N64 Emu for PSP

wraggster
November 5th, 2008, 23:47
Seems that the N64 emulator for the PSP is now being worked on via different coders, heres the news from Kreationz (http://daedalusx64.com/index.php/topic,118.msg1302.html#msg1302)

Well, I'm not the only dev working on this and this update concerns me and two other devs.

1. My progress
I looked into the cache last night and found that the instruction list for the dynarec was being invalidated when it wasn't necessary. This eats up a small chunk of CPU cycles. So a bit more speed from better cache handling there. Also some new code I put in for GoldenEye had an adverse effect speed wise on other games so I'm going to look into making it game specific. (It only helps Golden and Army Men that I know of, but I can turn it on for other games that exhibit the same shaking they do.)

2. Wally's progress
Wally has been hard at work fixing some micro code issues which should help compatibility. At least one more game now runs with his new code.(Space Station Silicon Valley) I don't have it yet, but when I get it I'll test it for speed and see if I can further improve it.

3. Chilly Willy's progress
Chilly Willy has been working on something Strmn left off on that wasn't quite in the R14 betas that circulated around. He has just given me code to move audio processing to the ME. What this means is that with audio on it won't bog down the CPU quite as much(there's still a hit from it, but not as much.)

Side Note to #3: Audio code is currently based on Azimer's 0.55 plugin, but he has offered me a later version of the code which is now feasible to use thx to Chilly's new code.

With all three of these updates we now have better speed and compatibility than any prior version of Daedalus(R12-R14 included). There will be another Alpha in 2-3 days max. After this is tested(in bout a week), the SVN will go online. All the developers will have access. Then in December everyone will have read-only access with the developers having write capability. The first public beta will come out about that time. (Read: Early December.. 1st-5th time frame.)

mike_jmg
November 6th, 2008, 00:08
Wow!, this sounds really nice, hope they can get there.

three heads think better than one :thumbup:, Nice job

PSPdemon
November 6th, 2008, 00:29
and since we are on the topic of DaedalusX64...

http://daedalusx64.com/index.php/topic,122.0.html

have a poll up if anyone is interested in possible alternative browser... curious wether or not anyone is interested in it :P

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Buddy4point0
November 6th, 2008, 00:47
This is great that these 3 great coders/moders are working together to better Daedalus but I think that they should name it something else.
Just naming it r14 is like it's an offical build by strmnrmn, which it's of coarse not.

and since we are on the topic of DaedalusX64...

http://daedalusx64.com/index.php/topic,122.0.html

have a poll up if anyone is interested in possible alternative browser... curious wether or not anyone is interested in it :P

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

I think that it would be cool if they did an itunes style coverflow.

bacalacadaca
November 6th, 2008, 04:00
Sick, Sick

CaptainMorgan4
November 6th, 2008, 04:49
The builds won't be called RXX, the first release which should be around X-mas time will be called DaedalusX64 v1.0. If you want to learn more just go to our site.

goldeneyegod
November 6th, 2008, 07:11
Yes! this is what I'v been wanting to hear for a long time! Great that so many coders are working on this to make it the best N64 emulator for the psp. The news about goldeneye running fast is just great been wanting to play this gamer on my psp for a looong time, its my favourite game of all time.
Keep up the good work everyone and I look forward to the emulator being released just in time for xmas lol.

Triompf
November 6th, 2008, 10:14
This is so F*cking fine !

rashlin
November 6th, 2008, 10:17
cheers:):):)

thenks for all the coders:thumbup:

mcdougall57
November 6th, 2008, 13:07
What ever happened to strmmnmn?

fpcreator2000
November 6th, 2008, 14:09
What ever happened to strmmnmn?

Life, most likely. Most coders have a life outside the scene. Most coders do this for fun and education. Compared to a real job, this is just a passtime.

CaptainMorgan4
November 6th, 2008, 19:27
GoldeneyeGod, I've been alpha testing the latest build of DaedalusX64 and I can tell you Goldeneye runs with the dynarec on now and with recent fixes from Kreationz it isn't choppy anymore. He also gave it a little speedup too, so yeah I played it last night and it runs at like a solid 8fps, slow but it's a big difference from like R13, or R14betas. Just keep in mind people that the first release won't be MONUMENTAL but it'll be good, but yeah prepare for great compatability and a decent speed increase.

pkmaximum
November 6th, 2008, 21:01
Wow I'm really looking forward to this.. .I'm not going to lie I firmly thought this was a hoax.... but I have a lot of confidence in it now, with you Captain Morgan saying you are directly involved in this.

TheLostKid
November 6th, 2008, 21:41
Getting impatient here ;_;

mikebeaver
November 6th, 2008, 21:42
Captain4morgan/ Wally/ Kreationz: any news on if Blast Corps is running in ANY capacity on your latest build?

Mike..

darkness angel 777
November 6th, 2008, 22:46
I'm glad to see this is in development again :)

Mew
November 6th, 2008, 23:28
wow great news!
It couldn't be better for daedalus, my deep respect goes to the new DeadalusX64 team :)

turnerl
November 6th, 2008, 23:55
this is the shiznit!! release of the year

GibsonSGKing
November 7th, 2008, 02:51
this is awesome that we have ppl working on this and making such progress. i cant believe this is going to be revived again! IM PSYCHED! i just cant thank these guys enough, it gives me a reason to own a psp. if they ever get conkers bad fur day to work at full speed, i think i might just need to change my pants. but this is awesome. i didnt expect this much progress to be made to tell you the truth =P

bacalacadaca
November 7th, 2008, 04:49
After this Passes I hope to see dreamcast make its way into the psp