PDA

View Full Version : Action replay or how to use something that is not yours.

wraggster
November 5th, 2008, 23:52
News from Alek (http://sceners.org/?itemid=53)

Some odd news have reached my knowledge, about Datel's Action Replay, keep reading...

Some of you might have noticed one of the newest stuff released by Datel, the "Action Replay" that allows you (on the PSP we'r talking about of course, i already know there is also a version for the Amiga for it, and of course this post isn't about that revision) to cheat and to use some "powersaves" within it's 64mb memory between other stuff, and all this for ~40USD.

So, why would i or anyone care about this new release from Datel? Well, the point comes when you look onto how was it made.

The following information it's confirmed and it has been studied, so let's hope this clears some doubts on this.

* Datel' Action Replay does uses code that isn't from itself, code that isn't distributed to be used the way they use it anyway. The code involving this terms is, for first instance, the Pandora forged IPL block, and on second place but of course not less important, Booster's IPL SDK.

Also,

* It has been confirmed that Datel' Action replay does interfere on the Custom Firmware code

And also, less important but indeed interesting,

* They use a bigger memory footprint due to the graphics involved in it, and it's interesting also to mention that they had a pretty small database, that being compared it to cwcheat one, this first one isn't even a database tbh.

So, what's your choice? A stealing-code small device, or a Fresh homebrew development with a huge happy users history?

Thanks to VoidPointer and Dark_AleX himself for the tip and confirming this :)

Veskgar
November 6th, 2008, 00:04
Its excellent to see that the scene is very vigilant in not letting people rip off the hard work of the homebrew developers. Nothing seems to get past the brains of the scene.

This is a rip-off and another example showing that homebrew ingenuity can match and even surpass commercial offerings.

The scene shouldn't get ripped off. If you want to spend $40.00 or whatever this thing costs, donate that money to Dark_AleX, and any of the devs behind Pandora.

Everyone spread the word so as to minimize unsuspecting people from wasting their money.

phsychokill
November 6th, 2008, 00:36
its just a shame the people who made the pandora stuff can't force them to stop selling it. since if datel a registerd firm can sell it the IPL/pandora battery has to be leagal meaning the origonal creators owns the file.

jvabbdac
November 6th, 2008, 00:42
Welcome to China ! Anyway... only a fool will pay for it ! Just doing a little search you will find 10000000 stuffs about pandora (all free),and better as this piece of crap ! Datal only lost customers doing something like that... I buy a product one time, but I never buy again when it's launch Datel pandora batterie

koh-kun
November 6th, 2008, 04:03
Well I know that none of the crackers support piracy, but their work helps thousands – if not millions – rip off software developpers by allowing them to play downloaded games.

I also want to say though; that it's great how the scene is warning users about this rip off by Datel instead of trying to sue their pants off! Just seems like a gentleman way to deal with the problem.

/endbabble

darkdex52
November 6th, 2008, 07:19
Haha, many of you may not know, but Datel's been doing things like these FOR A LONG TIME! They have stolen many things from PS2 scene also.

rageteam1000
November 6th, 2008, 12:20
bump

pdogg
November 6th, 2008, 13:55
Haha, many of you may not know, but Datel's been doing things like these FOR A LONG TIME! They have stolen many things from PS2 scene also.

PS2 ? Long ? :D:D:D

Datel made my first few C64-Cartridges like ... hmmm ... 23 (?) years ago. They rocked back in the days.

devdj
November 6th, 2008, 14:59
cw cheat pwns action replay

GibsonSGKing
November 7th, 2008, 02:46
i cant believe they would try to sell this. the pandora battery they made was ok, but this kinda crosses the line. i thought it looked fishy when i saw it, and knew it used the pandora exploit, but didnt know it used code like that. and cw cheat totally pwns action replay lol.

PoorKingz
November 7th, 2008, 03:11
NitePR pwns Action Replay. So they just ripped off a cheat database from CWCheat? I wouldn't be suprised to see some of my cheats in there.

ish420ism
November 7th, 2008, 06:02
LMFAO. Yo, I love M33 and team C+D. but this is a taste of your own medicine. DAX makes it possible to play pirated games on the PSP and now his work gets pirated. I love it. Keep em coming M33.