PDA

View Full Version : Sega announces 'Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection,' includes 40 titles

wraggster
November 6th, 2008, 23:50
Don't let the name fool you, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection is actually a compilation disc of 40 varied titles from the glory days of Sega. The $30 bundle for Xbox 360 and PS3 releases in "spring 2009" and outputs in 720p.

As long as developer Backbone Entertainment keeps the quality high, this is looking like a must-have compilation for fans. [Until Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection PLUS. - Ed.]

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Beyond Oasis
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Comix Zone
Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head
Dr. Robotnik's MBM
Dynamite Headdy
Ecco the Dolphin
Ecco II: The Tides of Time
E-SWAT
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe I
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Kid Chameleon
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
Ristar
Shining in the Darkness
Shining Force
Shining Force 2
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Super Thunder Blade
Vectorman
Vectorman 2

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/11/06/sega-announces-sonics-ultimate-genesis-collection-includes-4/

Eviltaco64
November 7th, 2008, 00:39
What I want from Sega is a collection containing every single Sonic game from 1991 - 2001 (including Chaotix, SegaSonic Arcade, and Sonic CD's Japanese soundtrack).
Anything newer than that? No thanks. ;)

Darksaviour69
November 7th, 2008, 09:07
no Sonic CD? oh well just have to wait for the next Ultimate sonic Collection

jamotto
November 7th, 2008, 16:10
An excellent selection of games.

Eviltaco64
November 7th, 2008, 21:24
It is a good selection, but why do they name it Sonic's Genesis Collection when the majority of games arent even Sonic titles?

They're better off naming it Sega Genesis/Megadrive Collection II or something along the lines of that.

pibs
November 7th, 2008, 21:30
I am buying this no matter what :)

I agree they should of included Sonic CD.... its not like the space wasn't available on the disc lol those 40 are probably like 512mb or less hahaha

jamotto
November 8th, 2008, 01:04
It is a good selection, but why do they name it Sonic's Genesis Collection when the majority of games arent even Sonic titles?

Name recognition, more people know Sonic compared to Genesis or even Sega itself.

Eviltaco64
November 8th, 2008, 01:10
Name recognition, more people know Sonic compared to Genesis or even Sega itself.

That's true, but it's a strange name for a collection that isnt "all about Sonic with some extras" nonetheless. It doesn't matter though, I'm probably still going to buy this game. :)

I really wish they included Sonic CD though, as pibs said, these games cant take up that much. I wish they'd add some of the more obscure games here. :(

Ennohex
November 9th, 2008, 08:06
Maybe if they re-drew all the sprites and background in 480p and kept Everything else the same, this would be awesome, but seriously, no Sonic CD and Sonic and Knuckles add ons?