PDA

View Full Version : 9-Year-Old Plays Driving Game, Steals Parent's Car

wraggster
November 6th, 2008, 23:58
A nine year old boy has been arrested in Japan for stealing his parents car to visit his grandmother. And how, pray, does a nine year old kid learn to drive?

"It's my first time driving" he said, "but I learned from watching dad and playing at the video arcade."

Police in Gifu prefecture received a call on Monday morning from an anxious pedestrian who had seen a car apparently with no driver - the little sod was sitting on th every edge of the seat, strainingto reach the pedals and peer over the steering wheel.

The real question of course is What game did he practice on? Knowing if there are junior GTA players on the loose could be a very different prospect to under-age Mario Kart re-enactors.

http://kotaku.com/5078532/9+year+old-plays-driving-game-steals-parents-car

mike_jmg
November 7th, 2008, 00:20
maybe is true that kids are smarter these days, and not that we are getting dumber over the years

side note: dejavu (I think I wrote something like this before)

mcdougall57
November 7th, 2008, 00:59
Those japanese are mad.

Heero808
November 7th, 2008, 04:13
Man at least he was trying to do something positive like visiting his grandmother instead of emulating a racing game.

darkdex52
November 7th, 2008, 07:41
Man at least he was trying to do something positive like visiting his grandmother instead of emulating a racing game.

True :D .

And no, I really don't think he trained on GTA, since GTA is kinda REALLLLLLLY unpopular in Japan (except GTAIV, but it's too new of a release).

Remember, that in Japan, the most popular driving games ARE SIMULATORS. Like Grand Turismo.

Jeric
November 7th, 2008, 14:47
Gran Turismo? Hell, there are driving sim games that are popular there that use normal every day cars.

trugamer
November 7th, 2008, 18:19
Why did they arrest him? He's nine for crying out loud!

Sonicboy 101
November 7th, 2008, 19:38
Well, it's better knowing a bit of how to drive rather than not, knowing at all.
So, if you think about it, that game saved that kids life. :p

mnuhaily22
November 8th, 2008, 07:24
Whats the big deal, I was driving since I was nine, but the difference is my dad tought me...lol