PDA

View Full Version : Rare doesn't rule out Banjo VC

Shrygue
November 7th, 2008, 19:58
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=201238)

Rare has declined to rule out the possibility of N64 classics Banjo-Kazooie and the sequel releasing on Wii's Virtual Console, despite their imminent arrival on XBLA.

When asked, once again, of the likelihood that Banjo's original outings would appear on Nintendo's download service, a Rare rep said: "No immediate plans to put Kazooie or Tooie on Virtual Console, as you might expect now that they're both due out on Xbox Live Arcade."

Not the reply we want, but it's not a straight "no chance" either which, to us, leaves room for hope. Hope that Rare isn't just leading us on - flirtatiously rubbing our inner thighs before running off and leaving us high and dry.

The original Banjo-Kazooie will arrive on XBLA on November 26, with Banjo-Tooie to follow early next year.

Eviltaco64
November 7th, 2008, 21:18
I'd be really happy if they re-released Conker and Goldeneye again.

Too bad Goldeneye hasn't been so far due to legal issues.

Graxer0419
November 8th, 2008, 16:28
Maybe they could release Goldeneye (if they can get past the legal issues) and Donkey Kong 64 (if they can emulate the N64 expansion pack), to make us happy. Im still worrying they can't do expansion pack games as I have been waiting for Zelda: Majora's Mask for ages!

Conker's Bad Fur Day would be great! However I dont know if they would make it available in a way that all ages can download it. (Not every parent knows about Wii parental controls, and they probably wouldnt expect a game like Conker's Bad Fur Day to be mature!)

Eviltaco64
November 8th, 2008, 16:39
Maybe they could release Goldeneye (if they can get past the legal issues) and Donkey Kong 64 (if they can emulate the N64 expansion pack), to make us happy. Im still worrying they can't do expansion pack games as I have been waiting for Zelda: Majora's Mask for ages!

Conker's Bad Fur Day would be great! However I dont know if they would make it available in a way that all ages can download it. (Not every parent knows about Wii parental controls, and they probably wouldnt expect a game like Conker's Bad Fur Day to be mature!)

Well Microsoft had an idea that Rare could release their enhanced version of Goldeneye for XBLA, and Nintendo could have the original Goldeneye on Wii VC. Nintendo denied.

As for Donkey Kong 64, DK is a Nintendo product, so no legal issues there. As for emulating it, they had Majora's Mask emulated very well on Gamecube, so emulating games with the expansion pack shouldnt be all that hard.

Conker would probably be released on XBLA. After all, there was already a Conker game for Xbox and both him and Banjo were omitted from Diddy Kong Racing DS.