PDA

View Full Version : Bungie: "Could You Imagine The Xbox Or Xbox 360 Without Bungie’s Halo?"

wraggster
November 8th, 2008, 00:26
Halo set Microsoft up in this business. It sold a ton of Xbox games, and more importantly, it sold a ton of Xbox consoles. Halo 2 did the same thing, Halo 3 did the same thing again, except this time for the 360. Everybody knows that. And if everybody knows that, you can bet Bungie know it, and community lead Brian Jarrard isn't shy about asking "Could you imagine the Xbox or Xbox 360 without Bungie’s Halo?":

Bungie knew that Halo was a fun game, a game we really liked, but had no idea it would turn into what it has become today, let alone single-handedly make or break Microsoft’s entry into the game console market.
Yeah, Bungie definitely know it.

http://kotaku.com/5078946/bungie-could-you-imagine-the-xbox-or-xbox-360-without-bungies-halo

Eviltaco64
November 8th, 2008, 01:04
That's like Nintendo without Mario if you ask me.

jamotto
November 8th, 2008, 01:20
My Xbox collection is completely haloless, funny that.

WhizzBang
November 8th, 2008, 07:42
I have never understood what is supposed to be special about Halo. I am not a big FPS player, I tend to only play the ones that become massive (Doom, Quake, Goldeneye, Half Life). I played through the first Halo game to the end and thought it was a very decent game, but when I have played 2 or 3 they just seemed like more of the same.

I think you have to be a big FPS fan to be able to see why these games are rated so highly, as the qualities that set it apart or too subtle for me to notice.

For me, Oblivion has been the only 'killer' game on the 360. And there have been some nice Xbox live arcade games.

Darksaviour69
November 8th, 2008, 10:18
I think when Halo 1 first came out it was way ahead of other fps at the time, but alot of stuff that made Halo so great was copied and so it became the standard very quickly. So in that respect Halo does not age as well as other classics, still a great game, but I can understand how people can think its over rated, playing it now (or even when it was 1+ years old)

Halo 2 single player just built on halo 1's, but the matchmaking on halo 2 was revolutionary, which again was copied very quicky and is not thee standard (bar Gear of war, which was heavily criticized for having a poor match making compared to halo 2)

kojiro7
December 21st, 2008, 16:47
My Xbox collection is completely haloless, funny that.

Mine too!Halo is shit