November 8th, 2008, 01:01
Author: MK2k / www.mk2k.net
Name: APPSwitcher PSP
Version: 1.0
Platform: PSP (Custom Firmware 3xx-5xx)
Dev-Details: VSH Plugin Developed in C

http://mk2k.net/serendipity/images/appswitcher_00.png

Description

APPSwitcher is a little VSH plugin that lets you categorize your homebrew for the XMB.
By the press of a button combination you can then switch from category to category which then gets shown to you right on the XMB.

Download

via mk2k.net (http://mk2k.net/releases/psp/apps/appswitcher_psp_1.0-mk2k.zip)

Read the english or german readme file for information on how to install and use this plugin!

visit www.mk2k.net (http://www.mk2k.net)

Buddy4point0
November 8th, 2008, 01:07
Hmm sounds pretty interesting.
Can I get a little more information about this?

MK2k
November 8th, 2008, 01:30
Just read the readme it has all documentation you need :)

ICE
November 8th, 2008, 01:57
Ah I see. Thats really nice. Does this work on 5.00 m33?

EDIT: The readme says it does. :D

MK2k
November 8th, 2008, 02:00
Hmmm, should work. I tested with 4.01 tho, so could you please tell us if it actually does work? Thanks.

ICE
November 8th, 2008, 02:21
Hmmm, should work. I tested with 4.01 tho, so could you please tell us if it actually does work? Thanks.

Like a charm ;)

GibsonSGKing
November 8th, 2008, 02:27
wow, i was actually just looking for something exactly like this! thanks! the only suggestion i have is maybe allowing us to set an icon for each category. that would be super cool.

MK2k
November 8th, 2008, 02:29
Thanks ICE :)
Hm yeah why not, GibsonSGKing.

GibsonSGKing
November 8th, 2008, 02:35
Thanks ICE :)
Hm yeah why not, GibsonSGKing.

i dont really know how hard it is to implement, as i have no experience in PSP coding, but i cant imagine it would be too hard, and it would certainly be useful. im glad you think its a good idea :D also, what would be really useful as well (it might already be implemented) is an ability to add and remove categories, or maybe have it set to remove a category if there is nothing in it. but i think this is totally awesome, i know that others as well as myself have wanted something like this for a long time. keep up the awesome work :thumbup:

MissingLink
November 8th, 2008, 02:58
im lost on this could someone help me?

GibsonSGKing
November 8th, 2008, 03:41
im lost on this could someone help me?

did you change the vsh.txt? what firmware do you have? did you enable it in the recovery menu?

Veskgar
November 8th, 2008, 08:33
Very cool. I've always wanted to be able to sort the XMB on the fly. Thanks for the work put into this.

MK2k
November 8th, 2008, 09:44
Thanks for your comments so far :)

NOCHUCK
November 8th, 2008, 10:08
This is badass! I always wanted something like this, thanks coder.

TheDSGuy
November 9th, 2008, 03:08
I can't get this to work! D: But.. I have a question. How do you put in spaces? Do you use underscores?

EDIT: Actually, I was wondering if you could give me an example in this situation..

I have these 6 files in these locations:

K:\ISO\Gradius Collection.cso\
K:\PSP\Homebrew\Rubik's Cube Simulator\EBOOT.PHP\
K:\PSP\Emulators\SNES9X TYL\EBOOT.PHP\
K:\seplugins\vsh.txt\ (With the line required)
K:\seplugins\appswitcher.txt
K:\seplugins\APPSwitcher.prx

My .txt looks like this:

ms0:/ISO;ms0:/UMD
ms0:/PSP/GAME;ms0:/PSP/Homebrew
ms0:/PSP/GAME;ms0:/PSP/Emulators

Do you know what I'm doing wrong? D:

MK2k
November 9th, 2008, 10:44
I dont have iso stuff but got a report that appswitcher doesn't work at all with the iso directory.

TheDSGuy
November 9th, 2008, 16:41
That's not what I'm talking about, though.. The text document doesn't do anything. It doesn't even sort out the ones that should work..

Does this mean that if there's one mistake, the whole program doesn't work? D:\\

EDIT: By one mistake, I mean in the text document.. Sorry!

MK2k
November 9th, 2008, 18:52
No worries, I'm already working on an updated version, so stand by for 1.1 and if you want, you could beta test it when it's done before release :)

TheDSGuy
November 9th, 2008, 23:32
Sure thing! I have a Pandora's Battery just in case anything happens, but I doubt that. Thanks! :D