PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Playing This Weekend?

wraggster
November 8th, 2008, 16:20
Having just completed Resistance 2, for work purposes, I'll be taking a little break from gaming, recharging the batteries for... an upcoming Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts review. I'll tell you what we played last night though, me and the boys at the monthly LA Geek Night: Mirror's Edge, Wii Music and a bit of Fable II. We also played a little bit of John Carpenter's The Thing — the movie, that is — as those in my circle without access to the New Xbox Experience wanted to see what the fuss was all about.

I may try to sneak in some Left 4 Dead demo time — and probably some processor and video card overclocking attempts — but otherwise, it's going to be Jiggie collecting for me. What are you playing this weekend?

http://kotaku.com/5079984/what-are-you-playing-this-weekend

Capn Makeveli
November 8th, 2008, 18:02
Probably going to be playing some Call Of Duty 4, and some Madden 09. I'll stick with the Packers on Madden even though Farve left for the Jets. And probably go a little retro with some Earthbound.

goshogun1
November 8th, 2008, 18:04
Yesterday I dug out Megaman Anniversary Collection. This weekend will hopefully see me beating 1-8. So far I have beaten 1+2. Then after that I will play my newly acquired MMX 1-8. Talk about a marathon! Cool thing, is you can really see the series evolve from it's humble beginnings. The OMG frustrating moments of 1 which actually made me yell in anger at the one eyed Yellow Devil. Good times.
You think Mario has a lot of sequels. MM trumps them all in quantity!

ojdon
November 8th, 2008, 18:22
World Of Warcraft. D=

jrsmaster411
November 8th, 2008, 18:27
LittleBigPlanet

Penguinator
November 8th, 2008, 20:19
Dead Space.
The controls on PC are pretty crappy: when aiming it's hard to even move the cursor and outside aiming it's out of control. Even in menus.
But otherwise pretty good game.

Video_freak
November 8th, 2008, 20:30
Halo: Combat Evolved

mike_jmg
November 8th, 2008, 20:52
Nothing really, but I can tell you, me and some friends had a good Starcraft fight last wednesday probably will end up playing it again on sunday

I got a new phone BTW, Nokia 5310, amazing for handling music, been messing with it all morning trying to get my music right :thumbup:

ICE
November 8th, 2008, 21:02
Half Life 2 on Orange Box.

Eviltaco64
November 8th, 2008, 21:09
Jet Grind Radio, Sonic Adventure, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, or Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike. :D

Sketchy
November 8th, 2008, 21:18
Well....Gears 2 obviously!!

WhizzBang
November 8th, 2008, 22:02
Metroid Prime 3. The controls are excellent, far better than any other console fps controls, but the game is too similar to the first one and so it does seem a bit samey. I haven't played the second one.

lipnox88
November 9th, 2008, 00:26
Gears 2, fall out 3, dead space, ive got a busy weekend.lol

____anders____
November 9th, 2008, 04:00
World Of Warcraft. D=

me 2! :D
i'm gonna get merciless gladiator's maul for my druid ^^

ExcruciationX
November 9th, 2008, 06:50
Halo 2 over Kai.

I might actually get back on Live again, so add me if you feel like. Same as username. :P

DarthPaul
November 9th, 2008, 08:08
LittleBigPlanet, Socom: Confrontation, and Warhawk.

Probably gonna replay Uncharted: Drake's Fortune for the 5th time, and hopefully unlock all the trophies left. Oh, and I'm gonna pick up a new PSP game to try it out on my new 32" HDTV... Not sure which one, though.

On the Xbox 360... Nothing. Gears of War 2 can wait. :)

____anders____
November 9th, 2008, 14:23
Halo 2 over Kai.

I might actually get back on Live again, so add me if you feel like. Same as username. :P

oo it's been a long time sinse i used kai, or played on my XboX for that matter, and i suck at FPS games on XboX :p

ish420ism
November 10th, 2008, 06:43
I feel old now. I'm playing "A Link to the Past" and few NES classics on my Phatty. Maybe hookup the gamepad to the PC and play a little MAME. It just never gets old. Of course if I owned an 360 or a PS3, I may be playing something else.:D

gumgod
November 11th, 2008, 17:44
I feel old now. I'm playing "A Link to the Past" and few NES classics on my Phatty. Maybe hookup the gamepad to the PC and play a little MAME. It just never gets old. Of course if I owned an 360 or a PS3, I may be playing something else.:D

I'm right there with you. :) I played through old school Metroid - the original NES one... Something about it is just cooler than the GBA re-make, even without the improved controls. :thumbup:

ExcruciationX
November 12th, 2008, 17:23
oo it's been a long time sinse i used kai, or played on my XboX for that matter, and i suck at FPS games on XboX :p
Kai's a lot funner, at least to me. Like no lag, no whiny kids, and only occasional cheaters. Live is like the lag capital of the world, LOL.

My Kai name is Excruciation-X, so, add me if you feel like. :)