PDA

View Full Version : DaedalusX64 News - N64 Emulator for PSP

wraggster
November 9th, 2008, 09:55
Captain Morgan (http://daedalusx64.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=89fe08e20b56065df42594e71a385d 8b&topic=132.15) posted some news and screens of goldeneye working on this new N64 emu for PSP:

Even though the alpha 2 plays Goldeneye better I beat the first level on the highest difficulty and completed the mission 100% on alpha 1. Only real reason was because I deleted alpha 2 of my psp since it was slower for other roms then 007. Anyway when you get down into the tunnel part of the Dam the FPS picks up alot because of the closed space and the shakiness stops. In level 2 it seems the speed is really nice, running at like a minimal of 12fps and high of 28, even though these pictures below don't exactly say it because after I click screenshot the fps goes down to take the pic but then returns so. Anyway here are so pics for Kreationz or whoever so they can see the green texture errors throughout level 2, just for future reference. It took alot of patience to beat level 1 and play a good bit of level 2 but the speed wasn't too painful so this project just keeps looking better!

http://i36.tinypic.com/2n15q3p.png

http://i37.tinypic.com/312bp1c.png

also Kreationz posted this:

Actually the speed difference is going to be an indoor vs outdoor thing, for out door rendering 007 uses a special cache method that's difficult to replicate on the psp, but rest assured CM the Alpha 3 won't have the slow downs of alpha two as the changes are now menu selectable... Also been slowly finding tiny bit here and there so it may be even faster than Alpha 1 was. For instance Zelda OoT is back up to R13 speed with better texture support and working on a way to make it faster.

No Downloads as of yet but with so many different coders working together this should finally bring some nice interest back to N64 emulation on the PSP :)

Airdevil
November 9th, 2008, 10:09
I cannot wait for a release for this!

goldeneyegod
November 9th, 2008, 11:59
You are a god! Yes! goldeneye playable even if its not a full 100% is better than anything before. Well done and keep up the good work.
Funny how I have a 360, Wii and Psp but the game I want to play the most is goldeneye on my psp lol!

mike_jmg
November 9th, 2008, 16:31
What I really want to play is Zelda OOT on my psp, if someday it gets to run fullspeed it would be the greatest thing ever

jxx2005
November 9th, 2008, 17:16
keep up the good work
i cant wait for a full release

GibsonSGKing
November 9th, 2008, 17:35
wow, fantastic job! plz keep up the good work! if i could play conkers bad fur day on my psp, even at like, 3/4 speed, that would be amazing... i would never have to get another game as long as i live =D

kharaboudjan
November 9th, 2008, 18:50
Zelda OoT almost fullspeed on the psp would be the coolest thing ever. i have been dreaming about that ever since the i bought my psp like 3 years ago.

keep up the great work! hopefully there will be great speedimprovements =)

pkmaximum
November 9th, 2008, 20:21
oh wow I'm surprised you were able to get that much of a speed improvement on the emulator, I'm definitely looking forward to a release =)

TAzz MAN
November 9th, 2008, 21:11
Cant wait for the release

Tesseract
November 9th, 2008, 22:05
I know you get lots of compatibility requests, but I'm more curious about this than anything else...

The New Tetris is my favorite version of the classic block-dropper, but it plays badly even on PC emulators. Is there something seriously skewed with how the game was written so that with a little bit of attention it COULD be playable or is it just one of those glitchy things that'll be the last on the list to fix?

'cause.... seriously... Best Tetris gameplay, and best damn OST on the N64 period.

mcdougall57
November 10th, 2008, 00:28
Love to see this emulator being updated.

rashlin
November 10th, 2008, 07:53
starcraft and shadow of the empire support will be
legendery

thanks for all the hard work:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

noname1
November 10th, 2008, 14:49
You are a god! Yes! goldeneye playable even if its not a full 100% is better than anything before. Well done and keep up the good work.
Funny how I have a 360, Wii and Psp but the game I want to play the most is goldeneye on my psp lol!
That was also possible on Daedalus r12 yes it had a better compatibility than r13.
Still very cool i can't wait to see other games.

pspmodel1001
November 10th, 2008, 16:03
Just as long Re-Volt works, I'll be happy.

djbrotherson
November 10th, 2008, 18:48
Are we talking improved speed with or without audio enabled??

jurkevicz
November 10th, 2008, 22:10
All improvements are WITH sound enabled.

Coolie4
November 11th, 2008, 18:25
hmm..... wonder if pokemon snap will work.... doubt it, because im not sure of any pc emulators that could play it properly, it had a wierd engine that made the controls not work, though the fps on psp wasnt too bad.

Eplayer
November 11th, 2008, 18:43
*UPDATE* from 11.11.2008!:
Kreationz from the DaedalusX64 Team said today that theyre will Release theyre first BETA named DaedalusX64RC1 in less than 18hrs!

So stay tuned and look around the Internet in the 18 hours ^^

djbrotherson
November 11th, 2008, 18:47
Niiiiiiiiiice

Eplayer
November 11th, 2008, 18:52
yeah ^^, i am so Happy that i can play Zelda: OoT tomorrow! ON MY PSP!

buugtdbgt
November 11th, 2008, 19:22
i hope it will be released at 5am my time (its 2:22 pm right now) i want it before school ^_^

Eplayer
November 11th, 2008, 19:27
lol, ^^ i hope it comes out when it comes out :P so now i must go sleep, i live in germany, so good night!

djbrotherson
November 11th, 2008, 19:29
Can you imagine one day being able to play bond or perfect dark or mario kart or smash bros adhoc!!!

buugtdbgt
November 11th, 2008, 20:23
if that happens then.............>> -orgasm- XD

darkness angel 777
November 11th, 2008, 21:19
I really want to play super mario 64 fullspeed with sound...This is looking awesome so far.

JLF65
November 11th, 2008, 23:54
All improvements are WITH sound enabled.

Err - a more accurate statement is speed with sound enabled is improved compared to previous releases WITH THE SOUND ENABLED. The speed is NOT better than (or even the same as) with the sound off. Sound still slows the emulation, just not as badly as before. That will improve as more work is done.