PDA

View Full Version : iR Shell Coming Soon for Dark ALex Custom Firmware 5.00 M33

wraggster
November 9th, 2008, 23:10
Ahman has posted that Irshell the awesome Shell for the PSP is being released for Custom Firmware 5.00M33:

Just to let you know I’ll be releasing another iR Shell public release for 5.00M33. It will have all the SE features, including infrared remote learning. Currently, irshell.org is being re-designed and re-worked by some of the private forum members. Once the site is completed, the public release will be out.

Cant wait :)

Shrygue
November 9th, 2008, 23:18
Oh goody, it's been a while since IrShell has been updated. I'm so looking forward to the next release. Good to know that Ahman is still around in the scene.

marzsyndrome
November 10th, 2008, 00:42
Wait, it's been resurrected? How did I miss this memo to begin with? :p

Buddy4point0
November 10th, 2008, 01:16
Awesome! This is great news.
Thanks Ahman, I can't wait for the new version.

IR Shell ROCKS!

kaneco
November 10th, 2008, 01:59
I'm wondering if they'll bring back the PSX multiplayer feature?

carlitx
November 10th, 2008, 02:46
yaaaay irshell aint dead anymore :P

Aryn
November 10th, 2008, 03:55
This is good news, my PSP Phat could use a better interface for browsing games and such.

Oh...what new features will be added to the next revision of IRShell?

Mr. Shizzy
November 10th, 2008, 04:24
WOOT !

This is the best news in a long time :D
IR Shell is unparalleled in ease of multi - tasking.

I swear if this is the last update IR Shell ever gets, this will be the last time i ever update my cfw.

WildmanJoe
November 10th, 2008, 04:41
Thanks Ahman!

ricosuavez
November 10th, 2008, 05:34
WOOT !

This is the best news in a long time :D
IR Shell is unparalleled in ease of multi - tasking.

I swear if this is the last update IR Shell ever gets, this will be the last time i ever update my cfw.

same here i am still on 390m33 mainly beause of irshell ...my favorite(best) shell is back...

great news thanks Ahman:thumbup:

luis_05
November 10th, 2008, 05:55
can anyone explain wat infrared remote learning is? thanks

osgeld
November 10th, 2008, 06:13
the public site is nowhere completed

but i cannot drag it on for much longer

so irshell.org is somewhat back online as of 10.9.08 11:50PM CST

but expect there to be minimal information on anything iRShell besides whats in the forum

please read the info on the main page

there is still a TON of work to be done

and the newest version of ir shell is not available at the time of this post but i will contact ahman asap so we can get the distro out there ...

luckily, my site and irshell.org's site are on the same host, which is pretty darn fast ... but just recently upgraded the plans to "unlimited" bandwidth ...

considering the last major ir shell release i used up 160gb of bandwidth and another 500gb of bandwidth was used tru 3rd party hosts, tween the 2, even on our old service plans give us 3tb of bandwidth tween the 2 during any given month everyone should be able to down the latest release with no issues (not bad for 6 bucks a month on a paid up front deal, hostmonster.com lol)

thanks for your patience

-- irshell.org system admin Osgeld

ish420ism
November 10th, 2008, 06:25
I love IRshell. I would like some more plugins to be developed for it.(xvid plugin) if possible:thumbup:

dejkirkby
November 10th, 2008, 08:02
This is the best news since XMB Editor was being updated!

NOCHUCK
November 10th, 2008, 09:02
:) I'm gonna update to new cfw as soon as this comes out! I've been on mm3.80 for along time now just for the irshell. Best non-emulator related homebrew imop.

pspmodel1001
November 10th, 2008, 15:53
I got three words

About

Damn

Time!

*Crying with joy*

NoQuarter
November 10th, 2008, 18:01
Perfect timing, I just erased my old versions of IRShell from my portable harddrive :P.

Some of the best psp news in a while :)

EDIT:
I just read over at pspupdates that it's been released!!!

Go get it!

djbrotherson
November 10th, 2008, 18:32
This is very very good news

Aryn
November 10th, 2008, 18:33
Actually, IRShell 4.7 is already available. Go to www.irshell.org/site to get it.

b_simpson1999
November 10th, 2008, 19:17
cant waitfor this irshell kinda of works i think for 3.90 m3ot tried it snice but i will get it as its out

Aryn
November 10th, 2008, 19:27
IDEA: e-loader plugin?

This is just a suggestion, but considering that there are a few decent apps and emulators that require firmware version 1.5, perhaps code could be "borrowed" from the e-loader program (which has been quite useful on the PSP Slim) in order to allow the use of most 1.5 firmware games to be used in IRShell without having to switch between the 1.5 and 5.0 versions. This can either be a plugin or something integrated into IRShell, and would only require replacing the code for the menu in e-loader.

Shrygue
November 10th, 2008, 19:40
IrShell 4.70 is out now over here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=170564) folks.