PDA

View Full Version : We must work harder on PS3-PSP marketing - Sony

Shrygue
November 11th, 2008, 19:16
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/we-must-work-harder-on-ps3-psp-marketing-sony)

Sony Computer Entertainment needs to "work a little bit harder" on getting across the message about the cross-platform functionality between the company's flagship living room and handheld consoles.

That's according to SCE UK boss Ray Maguire, who told GamesIndustry.biz that it's a contrast with the messaging when the PlayStation 3 was first released - which was weaker on the games side of things.

"When we first started - because all the functionality [on the PS3] was radical - we talked about that functionality," he said in an interview at the Games 3.0 event last month. "And in doing that, maybe we weren't strong enough on the games side of it.

"Now, with the strength of the games we've got coming out, this Christmas we're definitely about the games. From our own first party, and also third party, there's a feast of games for PS3 this year.

"At the same time though, because we've been out for a couple of years now, people are starting to understand and discover the functionality of things like PlayTV, and that's created the desire for people to upgrade to larger hard disk sizes. I just recently put a 320GB drive in mine.

"I think people are starting to come to grips with that, but what's probably lesser known is the relationship between PS3 and PSP and the Remote Play functionality.

"Those are the things we have to work a little bit harder on - the GPS functionality, the camera functionality - all of those elements which of course give us content to sit on the PS3," he added.

The full interview with SCE UK boss Ray Maguire is available now.

fpcreator2000
November 11th, 2008, 21:01
What they need to do is contract the man responsible for the Obama presidential campaign, and what the PS3's and PSP's running out the door.

Justise
November 11th, 2008, 21:53
they sure took their time on figuring that out.

Of course I (personaly) have no interest in Play-TV or any other activities that require a credit card. That's because, like most of Greek people, I don't trust (hate) credit cards, and they are not clever to release a game card here... Let alone that we don't have fast conections to see TV threw the net.
As for remote-play... Right now is useless at gamming! The one sec comand delay won't alow any action game to be playable, and PS3s limited video format support won't allow waching video eather. They need to take a look, and put some work on what is allowed with remote-play, and what is not. And if posible, Fix it!

ish420ism
November 12th, 2008, 02:56
I don't know about working harder. Maybe smarter. They should also add in their commercials that online play is free. And bring skype over to the PS3 and add video conferencing, using the PSeye. That would look like totally cool in a commercial. Like, totally.LOL

Eviltaco64
November 12th, 2008, 04:54
Advertise their best games, mention free online, and boast it's web browser and multimedia capabilities, all with a message that it'd be a good Christmas present.

I saw one of their ads last Sunday during the Simpsons, and it's not all that great.

Kreationz
November 13th, 2008, 08:59
I don't know about working harder. Maybe smarter. They should also add in their commercials that online play is free. And bring skype over to the PS3 and add video conferencing, using the PSeye. That would look like totally cool in a commercial. Like, totally.LOL

LOL, PS3 for business class users... I know let's put Vista on it too. :rofl:

Also, I agree about the need to make the functionality work properly first before advertising it though.