PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on hacking the PSP 3000.

Buddy4point0
November 11th, 2008, 19:58
This is a thread to discuss how you feel about the PSP 3000 and hacking it.

In my opinion, I would rather the PSP 3000 stay unhackable.
With the PSP 3000 not open to ISO's and pirate games, Sony could focus more on improving the PSP, and game developers would feel more safe creating PSP games.
This would definitely cause PSP software sales to drastically improve and allow the PSP to become a much better system, as one of the main issues holding it back is poor software sales to to piracy.

People will argue that they want the PSP 3000 hacked only for homebrew. While this sounds nice, it's only a dream.
A dream that will never be realized as unfortunately, the majority of people hack their PSP to pirate games.
Now with Pirates cut off from the PSP 3000, they're forced to use only 1000's and 2000's.
This gives them another reason to buy a game, so that they can play it on their PSP 3000 where it will look better.
This will also drive piracy to more underground how it is on other consoles, instead of being a main stream thing.

For all of us who want to use homebrew, our PSP 1000's and PSP 2000's should be perfectly fine.
In my opinion, it defines homebrew even more to be creating it for older systems.

So overall, if the PSP 3000 was never hacked, it would be the best for sony, and the best for the consumers.
It would cause a massive growth in PSP software sales, make the PSP more of a safe system to develop on, and give sony money and resources to develop the PSP2.

The hacking of the PSP 3000 will not end well.
Not for sony, not for consumers.
You may think it better for homebrewers to have PSP 3000 ability, but as I stated earlier, this would not help software sales at all.
Which is something that Sony and the entire PSP scene desperately needs.

Zin0099
November 11th, 2008, 20:12
yeah i woundn't care about psp 3000 being hacked only cause i have a japanese account and going to get get dissidia as a download plus i have 2 1001version psp and happy with them hacked also if you want homebrew not sure but what about pandora and magic mem to use time machine and that new firmware called 1.50bdt(FE-7) would that work? might test it when i decide to get a psp 3000!

Qmark
November 11th, 2008, 23:21
So, how long does everyone suppose we have until new firmwares no longer support 1000 and 2000? Or how long until games have "PSP-3000 only" on the cover?

Buddy4point0
November 12th, 2008, 02:55
So, how long does everyone suppose we have until new firmwares no longer support 1000 and 2000? Or how long until games have "PSP-3000 only" on the cover?

Never. Sony designed the PSP 2000 and 3000 so that all games would still work with the 1000.
They're all just newer models of the PSP and not a PSP-2 of any kind at all.

All games and firmwares that come out in the future will be for 1000s, 2000s, and 3000s. I'm sure of it.

But back on topic people.

NoQuarter
November 12th, 2008, 04:17
I want it hacked, simply for the tv out on older sdtv's.Can't afford hd right now.
Actually I probably wont buy it till it's hacked :P
Which is unusual for me as I have often been an early adopter,honestly I can't afford it right now either.I mean damn I have 3 psp!

Eviltaco64
November 12th, 2008, 05:07
If it doesnt get hacked, then I really wouldn't mind. We have the PSP-1000 and PSP-2000 for homebrew (and for piracy in the case of several others). If the 3000 is going to be the unhacked model of the PSP (which I highly doubt actually), then so be it. It'll make more money commercially.

I'm sure some exploit will be found somewhere. The Brite obviously isn't perfect. :rolleyes:

dangee
November 13th, 2008, 11:43
I bought a PSP as a game console, didn't know it was
hackable. Homebrew and other User Created Content was a
massive bonus when I found out about the GTA exploit

I wonder how many people will buy a brite when they see homebrew
downloads online and don't realize they need a CFW to launch them

No problem with the Sony and their licensed elves having exclusive
access to the latest & greatest, but I'd still like to see the 3000
hacked eventually. imo its an upgrade way beyond what an OFW update offers

tasteofz
January 26th, 2009, 04:28
I think that sony is not really doing anything to address the psp fans. the psp 3000 is just another project for the hackers. it wont really stop piracy becasue all the new games can still be pirated and they will still be downloaded by the ppl who pirate. I think its the UMD media that is killing the psp. there are pirates for every console but still the wii is doing just fine. If sony wants to do it the right way they need to do something to support the homebrewers and that way ppl will stop trying to hack. my thoughts anyway.

cuhphniv
March 30th, 2009, 15:02
Come on Buddy4.0, what a "nobel thought", you' re just a selfish SOB. The only reason you dont want PSP3000 hacked is more better new games will be developed so you can steal for your hacked PSP. what about the folks just bought the 3000???

belialone
April 2nd, 2009, 12:58
any system should be hacked;)
for the sheer fact that any information should be free

staticshade
April 6th, 2009, 10:33
apart from emulators and a few homebrew game ports e.g cave story there isn't really much point to owning a hacked psp so i would say i hope the psp 3000 didn't get hacked but as a computer science student i would have to say it's only a matter of time

darkriku2000
April 7th, 2009, 02:10
It would be nice to see it hacked, but I don't really care either way

plop690
April 7th, 2009, 02:29
to bad the 3000 has an explote to hack it... =P
i wouldnt care eather way... i have a psp 1000 still... and im shere if they did manage to make a hack proof psp, hackers would finde wase to emulate the newer psp's

kyyubidx
April 8th, 2009, 15:46
Most people around here already know how I feel on this subject, so there's no need to go on and on about this...

The 3000 should not get hacked. Since the 3000's arrival we have finally seen breathed into the PSP the life it oh-so needed...

Of course I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to play homebrew. I myself have had a fantastic exprience with homebrew before I sold my 1004 to one of my best friends for less than 99€ in my quest to get a 3000. But believe me, getting an "hackable" PSP will not be as easy now that the 2000 and 1000 are select models that are not made anymore.

pspbeer2
April 8th, 2009, 18:27
PSP 3000 should be hacked. Let competition drive the $ or let it die in peace.

I still go to the theaters although I can download the movie from internet. There are soo many new and old movies around the world wasted because people do not have access to them but not anymore. The minor sacrific of the few for the enjoyment of many.

Nokiaman
April 8th, 2009, 18:34
It should be hacked. Everything should be hacked.

br101
April 9th, 2009, 22:17
hey. you know that i got the psp 3000 a while ago and my friend told me its lame because of its dis-ability to be modified

darkriku2000
April 10th, 2009, 05:16
Most people around here already know how I feel on this subject, so there's no need to go on and on about this...

The 3000 should not get hacked. Since the 3000's arrival we have finally seen breathed into the PSP the life it oh-so needed...

Actually, I think this has more to do with sony finally caring more about the psp, last year they seemed to spend most of their energy on the ps3, but hopefully this year it's the psp's turn

mike_jmg
April 12th, 2009, 06:10
PSP 3000 should not get hacked, that way developers will release more games and wont focus on the piracy so much.

I know is selfish but it's like a friend of mine said, it's opportunity price, sorry for the 3000 owners.

bish
May 3rd, 2009, 19:08
who on here (with a hacked psp) has ANY right to say whether psp3000should be hacked or not?! piracy on the ds is rife (and it doesn't even need hacking), yet the console still flourishes!

Sephiroth9999
May 23rd, 2009, 14:26
PSP 3000 should not get hacked, that way developers will release more games and wont focus on the piracy so much.

I know is selfish but it's like a friend of mine said, it's opportunity price, sorry for the 3000 owners.

No wonder why you're called stubborn... Any way, the thing is, (for 3000s with 5.50) there is a way to make this thing crash, even if you just updated it. I wont give the name, but the file(s) are to be put in the photo.

With this, it could mean that we've found a way to hack it, and doing so will bring sony to their knees.
"And one day, we will find a way, toward this distant golden age"
~Dragonforce: dawn of a new world
(Trust me, this WILL be hacked.)

Nocuddle
May 23rd, 2009, 15:13
(Trust me, this WILL be hacked.)

LOL u still dreaming. :rofl:

staticshade
May 23rd, 2009, 16:02
yes because housewives and 12 year old girls know what a flash cart is

oh and b4 u ask i don't have a hacked psp

Zack
May 24th, 2009, 00:37

I have said this before but that is just a lame excuse the developers use (on the PSP) to try and take away the focus from how bad their game is, and try and blame their terrible game's lack of sales on piracy.

Like seriously, most of the games are so bad on the PSP I personally wouldn't even waste my time or bandwith downloading them. (I am not a pirate, just proving a point)

Does anyone remember Rockstar complaining about GTA sales on the PSP? What ? No? Proves the point. Good games sell. If the PSP had more of them then maybe it would sell better. The ports on the PSP (commercial games) need more focus. Most of them are total shovelware, with nearly the whole game removed and just left with a depthless, uninspired shell of a game.

Like others have said in this thread, the DS is hacked and can be set up to play pirated games really easilly yet sales still flourish. Why? Good games targeted at the correct audience.

Not all the games are great, but they target the right people and advertise it good.

Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

Scrizz
May 25th, 2009, 02:51
homebrew enabled PSP 3000 FTW!!
proud owner here