PDA

View Full Version : And The Five Best-Selling Games In The WORLD Are...

wraggster
November 11th, 2008, 22:48
One of the most feel-good stories of the year has got to be the unholy alliance between NPD/GfK/Enterbrain, that lets us see - every three months, at least - what the biggest-selling games are not in the US, Europe or Japan, but in the world. Last time we checked, the best-seller was GTA IV. This time around, for the quarter running from July-September? It's Madden. Madden, followed by daylight.

1. Madden 09 - 2.994 million
2. Wii Fit - 2.089 million
3. Force Unleashed - 1.738 million
4. Pokemon Platinum - 1.482 million
5. Mario Kart Wii - 1.468 million

What's even more interesting than the raw numbers is the percentage of those final tallies US sales comprise. For Madden, of the 2.994 million, 2.958 were in the US. Proving, in case Americans were unaware, how few people outside North America give a rat's arse about American Football. Yet for Wii Fit and Mario Kart, US numbers accounted for barely half of total sales: 1.283 million of 2.089 million for Wii Fit, and 856,000 of 1.468 million for Mario Kart Wii.

http://kotaku.com/5082635/and-the-five-best+selling-games-in-the-world-are

Fercho2008
November 12th, 2008, 16:36
Not ALL of NORTH AMERICA, in Mexico we could care less about American Football... at least most of us...
I thought they were called The United States of America... LOL

trugamer
November 13th, 2008, 16:39
Not ALL of NORTH AMERICA, in Mexico we could care less about American Football... at least most of us...
I thought they were called The United States of America... LOL It's like the World series though isn't it? Even though no other country in the world will ever take part.

Interestingly in the UK Europe often means the rest of Europe (either continental or the EU). Anyone else notice this where they live?

ICE
November 13th, 2008, 16:54
I thought they were called The United States of America... LOL

I know this is off topic but it really bugs me when people say "we could care less" because that means the opposite of what you intended. "We couldnt care less" is what you meant.