PDA

View Full Version : adhocParty: A Simple Guide

wraggster
November 12th, 2008, 00:41
I think an English version is coming in a month or two but here’s a brief guide for adhocParty (or Ad-Hoc Party) if you are having problems using the Japanese version, which was made available yesterday. I’m very poor with instructions but hope this helps.

Also thanks to Sony for suddenly making my dozens of PSP games fun again :)

What you need
PS3 and PSP on their latest firmware
PS3 is Wi-Fi ready (20Gb owners, sorry…)
PS3 is connected to Internet via a cable (and not wireless)
A Japanese PSN account
Set-up
Download the application from the Japanese PSN (5Mb)
Install and launch it from the Game menu
Click on “adhoc” (the third button), it will starts searching for a PSP
Launch MHP 2ndG and enter the Online Guild Hall (or the ad-hoc lobby of other games that might support the feature)
You should see your PSP system name on your PS3 screen very soon
Exit “adhoc” (press X), click on “Start” (the first button) and you’ll see World A group of lobbies, use the L1/R1 to switch between different World and the Left analog stick to pick a lobby (red colored tabs for full and blue for empty)
Enter a lobby with the Circle button, you can use the directional buttons to view the next lobby
In the lobby, move your cursor to a room (a house icon) or player and click with the Circle button to view their details
To enter a room, click on “Enter” (the second button on the pop-up), you should be able to see other players in the room and a few seconds later, they will be in the lobby of MHP 2ndG. You can wait until four players have joined the room or you can start a quest with the available players
If you are having trouble finding a suitable rooms (most are not properly titled, exit by pressing the Triangle button and click on the last button), just create one by moving the cursor to yourself, there will be a pop-up with options to change your username or create a room. Make one and wait for others to join.
Enjoy!

http://www.psphyper.com/psp/adhocparty-a-simple-guide/