PDA

View Full Version : MyPSP Touchscreen Video

wraggster
November 12th, 2008, 00:43
Heres a video of the MyPSP Touchscreen in action, looking good :)

http://www.youtube.com/v/iZqtBpFHfGo

paul3100
November 12th, 2008, 16:36
I don't know why sony didn't add a touch screen to the 3000 series as almost every other device does these days and i don't think it would of put the price up much if any!

The touch screen shown in the video isn't going to be all that useful as nothing supports it except any homebrew, ill stick with my dslite for now :-)

paul

sbrillon1
November 12th, 2008, 17:37
great video and thanks to psp-ita.com for the source!!!!

Buddy4point0
November 12th, 2008, 21:20
I don't know why sony didn't add a touch screen to the 3000 series as almost every other device does these days and i don't think it would of put the price up much if any!

The touch screen shown in the video isn't going to be all that useful as nothing supports it except any homebrew, ill stick with my dslite for now :-)

paul

All the PSPs are made to be compatible with each other.

The PSP 1000, 2000, and 3000 will all be able to run the same offical software, and firmware updates.
Sony wanted to make sure that all PSP users will be able to enjoy games no matter what version of the PSP they have.
While some games may use newer features, such as the built in microphone, this doesn't stop PSP 1000 and 2000 users from playing as they can just go out and buy one.
Newer games might load faster on the PSP 2000 and 3000 than the 1000 due to ram, but this doesn't stop 1000 users from playing.

Adding something like a touch screen or a second analog stick would prevent 1000 and 2000 users from using games designed to use the features presented in the 3000.
This would limit their market and in the end cause them to lose money.

Spykedjadedragon
November 13th, 2008, 02:05
All the PSPs are made to be compatible with each other.

The PSP 1000, 2000, and 3000 will all be able to run the same offical software, and firmware updates.
Sony wanted to make sure that all PSP users will be able to enjoy games no matter what version of the PSP they have.
While some games may use newer features, such as the built in microphone, this doesn't stop PSP 1000 and 2000 users from playing as they can just go out and buy one.
Newer games might load faster on the PSP 2000 and 3000 than the 1000 due to ram, but this doesn't stop 1000 users from playing.

Adding something like a touch screen or a second analog stick would prevent 1000 and 2000 users from using games designed to use the features presented in the 3000.
This would limit their market and in the end cause them to lose money.

But I'm tired of all these evolutionary updates.
I want a REVOLUTIONARY psp.
Did we really need the psp 3000? Really...?

~Spyked~
ChiYokLown

vahnglenn
November 13th, 2008, 05:40
But I'm tired of all these evolutionary updates.
I want a REVOLUTIONARY psp.
Did we really need the psp 3000? Really...?

~Spyked~
ChiYokLown

what you DONT need is a touch screen psp. c'mon guys, think. what will a touch screen psp give you? an iphone experience? then buy an iphone and forget about hardcore gaming.. remember, psp is PLAYSTATION. its just portable. so please stop whinning that it lacks touchscreen. remember this as well, touch screen is nothing compare to conventional gamepad for gaming. thats why it's call GAMEpad..CONTROLLER. to control your character.to control your game. TOUCHSCREEN? well to touch your screen that's all. some sort of feature for dumbass people who doesnt know what PLAYSTATION IS.

Kreationz
November 13th, 2008, 08:54
Maybe for PSP2, but I agree the useful purpose for it right now woulda been for homebrew, which Sony doesn't support and tries to stop. (The CPU security is makes that obvious)

guymelef
November 13th, 2008, 20:30
I'd like to chime in.;

+If someone could devise a hardware/software mod for cheap (parts<50.00USD)that was interesting and fun to do regardless of usefulness, then I would make my PSP into a touch screen. Even if it's just for the XMB. Unfortunately most of these psp touch screen vids are fakes. I would like more proof.

+I still believe that there are two sets of peripherals that Sony doesn't have that the home brew community could implement.
1. Better keyboard support. PiKey needs just a little more help and it will be bad ass.

2. External joysticks, there just has to be a way. We start with only official Sony controllers (everyone has one)->hack the cable to Serial->map the output strings-> some kind of joy-to-key scenerio.