PDA

View Full Version : Wii browser update next month

Shrygue
November 12th, 2008, 17:14
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=201596)

Nintendo will put out a new version of the the Wii Opera web browser in December with various added features and tweaks, according to reports.

The update, which brings the browser up to version 2.0, will add new buttons (pictured), tab support for up to six tabs at once, and will allow you to view Wii mail from within the browser - so you don't have to quit back to the dashboard.

More interestingly, reports say it also adds support for the new WiiSpeak microphone peripheral which comes out next month (for voice chat over the internet, initially in Animal Crossing). Could this mean we'll get some interesting voice chat features through it?

The browser will continue to cost 500 Wii Points, although those that own the current version will not need to pay to download the new one.

Graxer0419
November 12th, 2008, 22:15
I hope they update flashplayer too!

____anders____
November 12th, 2008, 22:23
I hope they update flashplayer too!

yea hopefully :)

ICE
November 12th, 2008, 22:33
I hope its faster.

fook123
November 12th, 2008, 22:49
I hope it comes with a free monkey, the gorilla the last one came with was rather annoying and wasn't very responsive. :/

Jay6
November 13th, 2008, 00:19
I deleted mine to make more room for games. >_>

goshogun1
November 13th, 2008, 03:30
I got rid of mine ages ago for Ys 1and2. Nintendo, do something about the internal memory!