PDA

View Full Version : Will you be buying Chrono Trigger DS?

Eviltaco64
November 12th, 2008, 21:54
http://handheldwii.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/chrono_trigger.jpg

Chrono Trigger DS will be hitting store shelves in Japan on November 20th, with a North American release following soon after on November 25th. A European release date has not yet been specified, though it has been speculated to be released sometime in early 2009. Also remember that you can always import the US version if you're that impatient.

Apparently, this DS remake will also have a different ending,

While it may not have received a visual upgrade, Chrono Trigger was one of the best RPGs on the Super Nintendo (this version now retails for $50+ on ebay), and I recommend you buy it regardless of it's graphics (which, for a 2D RPG are not at all bad).

So, DCEmu, will you be buying this gem of an RPG?

kojiro7
November 12th, 2008, 22:07
I will gladly download it for my Supercard :)

Justise
November 12th, 2008, 22:08
No.
It is not a remake or something. It's just a cheap ass port from an old generation with some minor adds.
I have finished the game on emulator (no one has released it to Greece), and if I ever decide to replay it, it will on an emulator (probably on PSP).

I strongly suggest it though to those who hasn't play it when it first came out!

havoc_012
November 12th, 2008, 23:03
I have the game on SNES. Definately one of the best RPGs ever made. =)

As much as I like Chrono Trigger, I'm not going to pay $40 USD for a port of a 13 year old game.

Chrono Cross came out for PSX at $40 USD, and that was a new game.

Auriman1
November 12th, 2008, 23:56
NO

Slapping an extra ending on isn't going to win me over. My budget's tight, so if I'm gonna buy a game I've already played before, I want to see some significant changes, not repackaging of the same games over and over.

carlitx
November 13th, 2008, 02:04
loved the snes version, getting this one.

goshogun1
November 13th, 2008, 03:28
I have been dying to play CT again, as it is my favorite SNES RPG alongside FFVI. Day one for me.

Da_ALC
November 13th, 2008, 12:35
I rekon!

Vortaka
November 13th, 2008, 14:01
I dunno but... Those 3d remakes of Final Fantasy just makes me yawn... They're beautiful, that's for sure, but there's no challenge anymore; it's not Final Fantasy anymore but a 3d make up fantasy... (Sort of speak anyway!).

So, yeah, I may buy it... If it's more of a port and the challenge is still there! The good old days anyone?

davidcrew
November 13th, 2008, 16:16
Depends

Already spent hours on it. What does it have that the old versions doesn't? Wait to hear about the reviews