PDA

View Full Version : Question of the Day: Will You Finally Go Blu-ray this Holiday?

wraggster
November 13th, 2008, 00:18
Studios are pimping out Blu-ray titles heavily this holiday, and it may be the first time that we see a significant amount of players hovering around the $200 mark. Still, just because the technology is more affordable doesn't mean everyone will be ready to get on board. The economy still sucks and there are many people out there who think Blu-ray won't have a long tenure as the top format. So, my question to you is: will you finally go Blu-ray this holiday?

http://gizmodo.com/5084633/question-of-the-day-will-you-finally-go-blu+ray-this-holiday

JLF65
November 13th, 2008, 00:30
It's hilarious that it took HDDVD going under to drive BD prices down. :D

Guess that shows all the nay-sayers. :)

mcdougall57
November 13th, 2008, 00:36
nope. Question answered.

fg-54
November 13th, 2008, 00:55
i suppose i will, seance i am getting a ps3 now.

shadowprophet
November 13th, 2008, 01:52
i'm already blu-ray, but if I weren't I wouldn't go blu-ray.

thats not a negative slam against blu-ray,
it's just many people already have massive dvd collection's and great quality up scaled dvd players,

I feel that for most people, blu-ray is still a luxury item, it's still a luxury item for me, I only play ps3 games on my ps3, my blu-ray movie collection consists of one blu-ray movie, spider man 3, " that came with my ps3 when i bought it.

Given the choice anyone with a blu-ray player should choose a blue-ray movie over a standard dvd, but the truth is.

many people get their movies the same way they get their songs.

people can cry, whine bitch and protest that statement, but we all know it's tru-ray...

many people don't buy their movies any more.

sad but true fact of life, so for most people, blu-ray is a useless luxury, if it's only intention is for movie playback...

VexnadFett
November 13th, 2008, 03:21
the thing about blu ray for me is that the discs cost a little too much without enough incentive...

jrsmaster411
November 13th, 2008, 03:52
I don't have an hdtv but I got a ps3 so i got a player but don't plan on getting any movies, I'm not a big movie guy anyways, I haven't even bought a dvd in years

Da_ALC
November 13th, 2008, 12:33
NOPE! NEVER! GET LOST!
Im sick of stupid discs. Discs that scratch. Discs that peel at the edges. Discs that are holding more and more valuable data that can destroyed in an instant by an idiot friend with no sense of care. HDD's and solid states all the way for me!

feddon
November 13th, 2008, 15:52
yeh, until i get a better tv (my hannspree 37 inch lcd has hadsome problems) DVDs are easily good enough and with my ps3 upscaling beutifully i think it will take a major pricecut in the uk (£15-£30 perdisk $25-$50ish) per film is crazy to intice me in.

Emulation_Chief
November 13th, 2008, 19:40
Hello:

No. I'm not planning any blu-ray player or PS3. I'm fine right now with an Xbox 360 and the HD-DVD player. Probably by this time next year I will buy a PS3.

Darksaviour69
November 13th, 2008, 19:52
and its a no for me too, just not interested, and don't see myself wanting one next year either.

pibs
November 13th, 2008, 21:24
The day I will go all out for blu-ray is when they actually start utilizing all the space.... I want all the indiana jones movies on one disc and back to the future on one disc, matrix, etc etc

For me its convenience not omfgrafx!!

Demibeard
November 14th, 2008, 01:06
Well, as I own a PS3, I'm already Blu. I will only buy new movies on BD. Yes DVD still looks good, but Blu is better.

Yes the discs are expensive compared to DVD, but so were DVDs when they first came out. (Like my PS3 was, mines a UK launch model).