PDA

View Full Version : cannot start usb bus driver - help

Jamesch
November 13th, 2008, 22:10
I just got my PSP290 and wanted to try with Mapthis, but it says "Could not start usb bus driver, gps will be disabled"
The other 2 are ok (access and module).
What can be the problem?

I have 4.01 m33-2 and Nieko's Mapthis version with slim PSP.
thanks

Nieko
November 14th, 2008, 08:28
That version uses modules from the firmware, so it may be your firmware itself has some broken modules. You could try reinstalling your firmware, hopefully that works.

Otherwise, you can always test with an older version, that requires those files separately, to see if that's really the cause.

Jamesch
November 14th, 2008, 19:20
If I try with an older Mapthis, and have the same problem, then it's definitely my firmware? Or for an older Mapthis I just put older prx files and that should be good?
Thanks for the help, I was on the verge of giving up.

Nieko
November 15th, 2008, 08:51
No, with older Map This! versions, the files aren't loaded directly from the firmware, but from the directory Map This! runs from, i.e., you need to find usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx somewhere (search the forums) and try e.g. with version 0.499.

foureyes420
November 21st, 2008, 11:48
hi everyone,
can someone help me, i can't get mapthis and GMDL to work properly.
i'm using psp 1001 cfw 5.00 m33-3, i use gps 290 and i'm running on 1.50 kernel

problem on mapthis!:
-the usb gps state is always off how can i turn it on?

oyeah i think i don't have any usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx, cos when i toggled flash (0), i don't have KN folder, i have KM folder and there's no usbaac and usbgps prx. so i download the 2.71 usbacc.prx and 3.03 usbgps.prx from 'yet another FAQ for mapthis' page, and put it in on mapviewer folder, and on flash (0), but the gps still don't work.

i also tried the keycleaner, still not working...

problem on GMDL:
-i'm using gmdl ver.0508b and when i opened the exe file the program wont show the map, i tried typing town, state, country, but still wont show a thing.how am i supposed download the map if i can't even see the map? huhu

anyone can help me??? oyeah i live in indonesia

thank you guys :)

Arxidon
November 22nd, 2008, 20:11
foureyes- try running on 5.0 kernel

usedlikeyou
November 24th, 2008, 03:18
i have the same problem. running in kernel mode 5XX.....

kidling
December 2nd, 2008, 20:17
i had the same problem, i just disable remotejoy.prx and others plugins on recovery menu and fix it

mikeutter
December 14th, 2008, 19:06
Can you please explain this? Thank you.

(Later) Nevermind, I figured it out! And, THANK YOU it is all working now!

Styyxxx
January 22nd, 2009, 19:14
Can you please explain this? Thank you.

(Later) Nevermind, I figured it out! And, THANK YOU it is all working now!
I've been having the same problem with CFW 5.00... there are no usbacc.prx or usbgps.prx files. All my other plugins are disabled.

How did you get it to work mikeutter?

My Mapthis will not boot?

Styyxxx
January 22nd, 2009, 19:21
Got it to work... I had the wrong software version installed. Using the 5.00 CFW you don't need the .prx files