PDA

View Full Version : CrabEmu 0.1.8 Released

BlueCrab
November 16th, 2008, 03:07
It is the middle of the month of November, nothing is going on, so it seems like the perfect time for a new release of CrabEmu. CrabEmu 0.1.8 has many under-the-hood changes and bugfixes. Here's a look at some of the larger ones:

Added preliminary support for the Terebi Oekaki drawing board (Mac OS X only, at the moment).
Changed the VDP cache updating function to use a lookup table and other VDP emulation speedups.
Practically rewrote the entirety of CrabZ80 to create a much smaller code footprint.
Added a much nicer image to the controller preferences dialog on Mac OS X.
Fixed color banding issues on the Dreamcast GUI.
Added a 50/60 Hz selector to the Dreamcast port when a European Dreamcast is detected.
Enabled stereo sound in the Dreamcast port.
Fixed an annoying save bug in the Dreamcast port.

Oh yeah, the Dreamcast port finally runs full-speed (at least as much as I've tested it).

Enjoy the release, and be sure to report any issues that you may find. Download it here (https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=154011&package_id=170961&release_id=640726)

Starscream
December 4th, 2008, 20:12
About saving - does this mean that it's supported now? The readme of 1.7 said it's not there, I noticed that when I pressed the right shoulder button the VMU was however accessed and files apparently got generated. But I couldn't load them.

Also, I like the way you handle the scaling for the SMS and SG1000, is that 2x with point filtering or something different?

BlueCrab
December 5th, 2008, 19:27
About saving - does this mean that it's supported now? The readme of 1.7 said it's not there, I noticed that when I pressed the right shoulder button the VMU was however accessed and files apparently got generated. But I couldn't load them.It was supposed to be supported in 0.1.7 (just save states weren't), but it was broken (saves weren't actually usable at all). It all works now, but only in games that actually save on the native system (there still is not save state support).

Also, I like the way you handle the scaling for the SMS and SG1000, is that 2x with point filtering or something different?
Its a simple up-scale with no filtering applied. I always liked it that way because its more true to the original game (some people have complained about it though).