PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live is Fixed. Wait, No It's Not

wraggster
November 16th, 2008, 18:40
Major Nelson popped on sometime last night to declare that Xbox Live's connectivity problems had been resolved, then almost immediately was hammered with comments saying in effect, no it hasn't, so he pulled back the all-clear. I know I couldn't connect at all last night, and as of 7:30 am Crecente time I still can't. And, yes, I tested the connection. Oh, the official Xbox Live status? Nonexistent, apparently. See above. (Then again, it does show me as still owning an original Xbox.)

Would someone please tell us WTF is going on, because half as many people who can connect say they can't. The New Xbox Experience hits this week, so for certain Microsoft's called everyone in this weekend and made them miserable in search of a fix. Let's just hope they can slap enough duct tape and baling twine on the servers to survive Wednesday. I'll keep my eyes peeled and update here in case they can get it repaired today. Lord, one hopes so.

Update: I too am in the NXE beta, but I still have no access. It's not the router because I can get into PSN. In fact, I'm racing in Motorstorm right now. Still can't get in as of 10:30 am MST.

http://kotaku.com/5089383/xbox-live-is-fixed-wait-no-its-not

ketchup
November 16th, 2008, 20:31
You have your own router?
With so many having trouble it's unlikely to be your one at fault.
If you're not talking about your own then I think you'll find that there's one hell of a lot more than 1 router out there!

phsychokill
November 16th, 2008, 22:17
mine works fine is it not more likly these people on the new dashboard that cant get on live downloaded it illegaly not knowing it would lock them off live? as I have the new dash and a e-mail from microsoft saying I could use it and it connects perfectly.

mcdougall57
November 16th, 2008, 23:08
Mine is working fine, I just wish EPIC would patch up the matchmaking wait times on GoW2

pibs
November 16th, 2008, 23:18
This was happening yesterday while I was trying to play COD4.... I bet its the NXE's fault since friday my connection has been on and off. I fear for this wednesday, its going to be december all over again >_<

Shadowblind
November 17th, 2008, 03:09
Mine is working fine, I just wish EPIC would patch up the matchmaking wait times on GoW2

Still waiting for this. Its rendering Gears 2 unplayable for me.

Brainy142
November 17th, 2008, 12:33
I have had no problems at all..... Wonder if microsoft will give another freebie :D.