PDA

View Full Version : iR Shell 4.8 released !!!

StoneCut
November 17th, 2008, 16:31
AhMan has released an update for iR Shell 4.7 - this is version 4.8.

Source:
http://irshell.org/site/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=2&func=view& catid=10&id=14136

This is mainly a maintenance release with a few bug fixes. It also adds a new feature to support homebrews to use extra slim memory.

New Features for PSP Slim:
- Added support to homebrews that are built with the option PSP_LARGE_MEMORY, that is, to use the extra slim memory. When running these homebrews under iR Shell, they will have access to another 26MB slim RAM. Pls note 2MB of slim RAM is reserved for iR Shell.
- Enhance the HTML Viewer (originally developed by Dark_AleX) to use the extra slim memory. These should help to reduce "Not enough memory" message when accessing larger web contents. The HTML Viewer can be accessed via predefined homebrew #1 icon.

Bug Fixes:
- Some homebrews weren't correctly recognized by iR Shell and application names were displayed as garbage.
- When setting np9660 mode in iR Configurator, some homebrews failed to launch.
- Launching PS1 games via popsloader wasn't working properly.
- Copying a large file from ms0: to nethost0: will crash the system.

Special thanks to:
- Osgeld for spending so much effort in resurrecting irshell.org.
- Dark_AleX for the M33 custom firmwares and his assistance to help adding popsloader support.
- Tyranid and other developers in ps2dev.org for creating the pspsdk.
- Osgeld, StoneCut, F34R and other moderators who keep irshell.org running and providing technical support to the community.
- All iR Shell beta testers, donators, skins & plugin contributors.

Credits:
- M33 Custom firmware & popsloader are developed by Dark_AleX/M33.
- remotejoy & usbhostfs are developed by Tyranid.
- iR Shell bundled skins & plugins are developed by their corresponding authors.
- iR Shell Manual & FAQs are written by StoneCut.

Installation Instructions:
This is only an update. Unzip the archive and merge to the previous v4.7 release.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

zelion
November 17th, 2008, 17:44
Still won't load pops games at all for me. :\

GibsonSGKing
November 17th, 2008, 21:03
coolness, glad to see your still updating this awesome shell. could you possibly add an icon to switch to 1.5 in the next one? or maybe make one that runs off of 5.00 with a 1.5 extension, to eliminate the need to switch between them? cuz that would be awesome :biggrin:

Shrygue
November 17th, 2008, 22:08
Ah goody, updates are always appreciated here, no matter how big or small. Thanks for posting this Stonecut and keep up the good work AhMan!

Buddy4point0
November 17th, 2008, 23:24
Just to inform everybody, you need IRShell 4.7 on your PSP before you install this.

Great job Ahman!

ricosuavez
November 18th, 2008, 03:12
just one question ...is the iR Shell 4.7 POPS fix included in this update ...or is this one new...
anyway mine(4.7) works fine...but i am still updating...
after the 4.8 update
.....everything works fine (same as before) and better some games(homebrew) that didnt launch from irs now works for me ...pops works fine too ...

@zelion check if you have the impose.prx in your popsloader folder ...that was my problem ...now it works fine

edit:quote from irshell.org

You still need the original impose.prx as per instructions by DAX ! Leave your POPSloader as is, then copy the iR Shell 4.7 files over it and upgrade it iR Shell 4.8 files. Make sure your POPSloader works in XMB first, then you can disable it in seplugins since iR Shell loads it individually.

hope this helps you

zelion
November 18th, 2008, 08:13
Yeah I still have impose.prx under my popsloader file. It works fine under XMB. But under IRShell no pops game load at all. I just get a black screen.

I changed my options in IRShell to use the popsloader instead of the pops in flash, and some games work(only the ones using pops stuff on my memstick). The games that should use the pops flash freeze.

Also they ALL work fine from XMB :\

djbrotherson
November 18th, 2008, 18:26
This is great news

ricosuavez
November 19th, 2008, 17:07
Yeah I still have impose.prx under my popsloader file. It works fine under XMB. But under IRShell no pops game load at all. I just get a black screen.

I changed my options in IRShell to use the popsloader instead of the pops in flash, and some games work(only the ones using pops stuff on my memstick). The games that should use the pops flash freeze.

Also they ALL work fine from XMB :\

i dont know what to say ...mine works fine in xmb in irs and in usb and nethost....and i dont understantd why it works in the xmb and not in irs(should work)

on a side note ...some plugins have issues with irs...they wont load games ...i dont know why...so i dont use any plugins exept those in irs

my best example is the gba emulateur wich doesnt load roms(in irs) if i have other plugins active...
try running irshell with no plugins activated (seplugins)...i still use plugins but i have to load them in a particular order...

but for the rest, irshell is the best for me and my psp
i updated to 5.00-m33-3 because of this release...

irshell junky...for life....:D

skiraceboy92
November 30th, 2008, 17:37
I love irshell but the autostart plugin isn't working for me :(