PDA

View Full Version : PLynx Joins the DCEmu Network and a New Release too

wraggster
January 15th, 2006, 12:03
Today is another great day for the PSP scene and also to visitors to the DCEmu Network, Ive been working with PLynx the Author of the Atari Lynx Emulator of the same name to get a site with forum so that he can get that much needed feedback to his releases.

Anyway heres the info of the new release of PLynx, now at v0.3B:

Hello !
Thank you to Wraggster for hosting the Plynx website on DCEmu.
New PLynx release for PSP 1.0, 1.5.

In this v0.3b release :
- Speed improvement, now, most of the games run at normal speed, without "overclocking" the PSP.
- Support zip compression format for cartbridge images.
- Option to change the control keys.
- Some add to to GUI.

Check out the release at the Official PLynx Website (http://plynx.dcemu.co.uk/).

Be sure to leave some feedback ;) (Whoops covered over my mistake :o )

Cap'n 1time
January 15th, 2006, 15:56
awsome news!

slayer2psp
January 15th, 2006, 16:24
i cant get it to work yes i have the lynxboot img it crashes every time i pick a game the old version worked but this doesnt very strange

Nige
January 15th, 2006, 16:49
I'm sure the author will thank you for calling it an "Atari 2600 emulator"! :D

PLynx
January 15th, 2006, 17:11
i cant get it to work yes i have the lynxboot img it crashes every time i pick a game the old version worked but this doesnt very strange

Ah it's strange, I've just tested the released files on a PSP 1.0 it works correctly.
What version are you using ?

wraggster
January 15th, 2006, 18:12
whoops i mean Atari Lynx

ataribob
January 15th, 2006, 22:47
How about a link to download it from

That's not very easy to find

slayer2psp
January 16th, 2006, 03:53
Ah it's strange, I've just tested the released files on a PSP 1.0 it works correctly.
What version are you using ?
i have a 1.50 usa version every thing shows up fine but when i try to load the game it just shuts down the system maybe something wrong with my img file ill try another one. Its the LYNXBOOT IMG is bad it works now

PLynx
January 16th, 2006, 11:32
i have a 1.50 usa version every thing shows up fine but when i try to load the game it just shuts down the system maybe something wrong with my img file ill try another one. Its the LYNXBOOT IMG is bad it works now

Hu ok, so I'll try to add something in next release to check the validity of the lynx bios image :)

slayer2psp
January 16th, 2006, 15:57
Hu ok, so I'll try to add something in next release to check the validity of the lynx bios image :)thats how i knew it was bad i tried the handy version for the psp it said the img was bad thanks for the great work you have done cant wait to see the next update and thanks for even talking to me im sure you really busy.people like yourself is why the psp is so much fun emu rule keep up the great work................ :)